Has CFC Off Topic changed you?

Has CFC Off Topic changed you in any way?

• Yes.

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • No.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • I am not aware of myself.

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
I know now that people who are in this forum are very desperate and that I'm not such a lowlife! :)

I have mellowed out a lot, but I don't know if that is due to CFC or just do to getting older and more mature.

Probably a combination of the two.

Not a whole lot; at least not more so than any other influence on my life in the last year and a half.

Certainly it has. I used to be strongly anti-gay rights/marriage, I used to be a lot more conservative, pro George Bush, Creationist (I researched to change my understanding and view, but CFC got me interested in the topic), and I used to be anti-legalization of marijuana.

Yes, and for the worse.

Yeah, this place has changed me a good deal. I used to be against gay marriage rights, now I'm for civil unions. I used to be anti-flag burning, now I think its a constitutional right. I used to think pot should be illegal, now I think it should be legal. I've also looked at my religious beliefs some and questioned them, although I haven't really changed my religious beliefs at all, just thought more about it.

CFC Off-Topic has made me more aware of viewpoints I don't come into contact with often. Three cheers for free expression. :)

I've become a bit more confident in myself, and more willing to show off what I can do. After all, if you can't be confident in front of a bunch of relatively anonymous people across the internet, then where else can you be? :mischief:

Also, I got a few new friends from it, and a few free drinks as well. Cheers CFC :thumbsup:

I've realised I'm gay, started supporting the BNP, and decide to become a woman.

Er really no, If I wanted to change myself I'd go to a cognitive therapist. I come here for the dialogue, it's one of the better forums for learning about the way people are in the world. I've been here a short term, who knows I might change at some point.:)

Phlegmak said:
I've learned to respond to staggeringly stupid people with something other than insults.

I've seen that some people truly are brainwashed and no amount of evidence to that fact will change them. No reasoning will change their minds.

I've met a lot of pleasant people with healthy attitudes on life. I've also met some people who live in denial, and often can't reason past their own expertise. The happy people, I let them be. The arrogant, I give them a piece of my mind, and they often can't digest it. Of course, there are a few people in this forum that I can't comprehend, and that's only because they don't open up their minds. I often don't know how to handle them; sometimes saying nothing to them, sometimes trying to make them talk more. I only wish this place wasn't the place to go to call a total stranger "stupid".

I've learned to respond to staggeringly stupid people with something other than insults.

I've seen that some people truly are brainwashed and no amount of evidence to that fact will change them. No reasoning will change their minds.

I think you have been brainwashed and no amount of evidence to that fact will change you;)

CFC hasn't changed me as much as another message board I visited before my mission, but they switched to paid subscriptions so I am here instead. But CFC has helped me develop an entire alternate philosophy of life that I could use if I lost my faith.

And in general, it has helped me clarify some of my views - it hasn't shaped my opinion of same sex marriage, for instance, but it helped me define it better.

Top Bottom