1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Has CFC Off Topic changed you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rossiya, Jan 18, 2007.

?

Has CFC Off Topic changed you in any way?

1. Yes.

40 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No.

18 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. Not sure.

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. I am not aware of myself.

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Deity

Eh. :) If the correct way to shorten "I couln't exactly mesure the influence CFC had on me" is qualify and not quantify, then you're right.

2. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I don't know.

3. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

I can't imagine that Civfanatics hasn't had some impact on me.

4. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

I know now that people who are in this forum are very desperate and that I'm not such a lowlife! :)

5. Desmond Hawkins

Desmond Hawkins Deity

I have mellowed out a lot, but I don't know if that is due to CFC or just do to getting older and more mature.

Probably a combination of the two.

6. .Shane.

.Shane. Take it like a voter Retired Moderator

Its provided me many humerous moments and I've made a couple new e-friends.

/sheds a tear
    /posts on myspace

7. Civrules

Civrules We the People

No it hasn't changed me but I can say that it has changed.

8. Irish Caesar

Irish Caesar Yellow Jacket

Not a whole lot; at least not more so than any other influence on my life in the last year and a half.

9. Atlas14

Atlas14 "Sophomoric Troll Master"

Certainly it has. I used to be strongly anti-gay rights/marriage, I used to be a lot more conservative, pro George Bush, Creationist (I researched to change my understanding and view, but CFC got me interested in the topic), and I used to be anti-legalization of marijuana.

10. Old Spice

Old Spice King

Yes, and for the worse.

11. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

I've become slightly more Conservative since visiting OT.

12. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

Yeah, this place has changed me a good deal. I used to be against gay marriage rights, now I'm for civil unions. I used to be anti-flag burning, now I think its a constitutional right. I used to think pot should be illegal, now I think it should be legal. I've also looked at my religious beliefs some and questioned them, although I haven't really changed my religious beliefs at all, just thought more about it.

13. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

CFC Off-Topic has made me more aware of viewpoints I don't come into contact with often. Three cheers for free expression. :)

14. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

It has made me think more and I also realized that the US is very far away. I am happy I found this place.

15. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I've become a bit more confident in myself, and more willing to show off what I can do. After all, if you can't be confident in front of a bunch of relatively anonymous people across the internet, then where else can you be? :mischief:

Also, I got a few new friends from it, and a few free drinks as well. Cheers CFC :thumbsup:

16. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

I've realised I'm gay, started supporting the BNP, and decide to become a woman.

Er really no, If I wanted to change myself I'd go to a cognitive therapist. I come here for the dialogue, it's one of the better forums for learning about the way people are in the world. I've been here a short term, who knows I might change at some point.:)

17. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

I've learned to respond to staggeringly stupid people with something other than insults.

I've seen that some people truly are brainwashed and no amount of evidence to that fact will change them. No reasoning will change their minds.

18. Myzenium

Myzenium Regent

I've met a lot of pleasant people with healthy attitudes on life. I've also met some people who live in denial, and often can't reason past their own expertise. The happy people, I let them be. The arrogant, I give them a piece of my mind, and they often can't digest it. Of course, there are a few people in this forum that I can't comprehend, and that's only because they don't open up their minds. I often don't know how to handle them; sometimes saying nothing to them, sometimes trying to make them talk more. I only wish this place wasn't the place to go to call a total stranger "stupid".

19. Old Spice

Old Spice King

I think you have been brainwashed and no amount of evidence to that fact will change you;)

20. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
    CFC hasn't changed me as much as another message board I visited before my mission, but they switched to paid subscriptions so I am here instead. But CFC has helped me develop an entire alternate philosophy of life that I could use if I lost my faith.

And in general, it has helped me clarify some of my views - it hasn't shaped my opinion of same sex marriage, for instance, but it helped me define it better.