Hillary Clinton Warned Audience about President Trump and Nuclear War

It's 4d chess. Nuke North Korea, take Rocketman's position - and there you go, finally Trump can reign over a country where the media tell the truth about him and he can rightfully bathe in his glory.

Why that's crazy . . . so crazy it just might work.

Of course Trump is scary. He wants to rip up the Iran deal.

Or he wants Iran to think that so they'll behave... He's sabre-rattling, its like when the guy in NK talks tough. They're trying to get something in return for better behavior - Trump is playing their game.

The only other people who want to rip it up are the hardline militant Republicans that Trump campaigned to separate himself from (so much for that).

How does Israel feel about it? If they want it ripped up, then it might get ripped up.

Funny, me and GEFM were just discussing how murderous most Americans are when it comes to foreign policy and along you come to prove our point! Thanks a bunch

Didn't you support the Clintons? One set us up for this mess by leaving an army in Saudi Arabia and the other used the resulting attack on 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq.

Murder /= sabre rattling... Would you like to discuss the difference?

Trump is just unhinged, so his behavior isn't necessarily predictable through rational analysis. I was actually just going to make the point that as yet he has not even come close to the level of criminality displayed by his Republican predecessor. The Iraq War will be hard to top, but enough "saber-rattling" with Best Korea and Dear Leader Trump just might pull it off...

Trump is not unhinged and he is very predictable, he will beat his chest just like he does in every other situation and then he'll 'calm down'. Trump is not a neo-con, he's not driven by ideology and he's spent decades watching the appeasement of NK and is trying a new approach. Thats how I see it... So its a matter of who will blink first, Trump or China... And they already think he's a bluffer.

I trust that even a monkey like Trump knows that he must not use nukes. All the rhetorical fluff he is throwing around is meaningless for that question, IMO. It is just his usual bombastic style, which he has to use in any context, even if it is a fine art like sable-rattling. He just knows no fine art or being subtle. So he may sound tricker-happy. But it is just noise. Or tactics, if you want to be charitable.

If the political situation was different, if we lived in a world where a nuclear war is a tangible threat, where a situation like the Cuban Missile Crisis can arise, then I would be worried, a lot. We really want no Trump in that kind of situation, a situation where you need to keep a cool head or it all can go boom. But we are not in such a situation. The closest thing we got is North Korea, and North Korea is a joke. It is ruled by an utterly corrupt but also utterly non-ideological and rational gang of criminals who fear nothing more than an actual war. They have no intend to fight over world domination. They just want to keep existing, they just want to hold on to their personal play ground. In intend, they are 100% pacifistic, you could say. They just need them war drums to be respected and stay stable, internally and externally.
(And actually, I have a modicum of respect for Trump trying out a different strategy in that regard, as Berzerker already explained. Obviously, the more diplomatic approach isn't working.
That said, I am convinced that no approach will work. North Korea will never give up their nukes, because they know they are safe from attacks sticking to their nuclear strategy. But the President has to try, I suppose. So let him try something new.)

And that is why in my assessment, the argument that Trump must not have the nuke codes, is in the end just a cheap trick to win the argument in a single easy strike. It makes sense for Hillary to push it.

Last edited:
Or he wants Iran to think that so they'll behave... He's sabre-rattling, its like when the guy in NK talks tough. They're trying to get something in return for better behavior - Trump is playing their game.

They're already behaving with all terms of the deal. He only does this because he is humiliated at having to recirtify. Republicans liked that part of the deal so that Obama (and Hillary, who was assumed) would be constantly having to defend having to basically stick their necks out for Iran every 90 days. Now that one of their own has to do it, it's a big "oops," since Trump is not terribly thick-skinned about this kind of thing and acts entirely out of self-perceived image. There's no big strategy here, and there's nothing Iran is doing to violate the deal. It's entirely that Trump hates having to reciritify.

When you say "was 1 year too late for me" does this mean that you would have not voted for trump if you had heard this earlier?
Seems a bit strange.
I didn't vote in 2016, Joe Biden said too many democrats were sitting at home or elsewhere, I was 1 of them.

I didn't vote in 2016, Joe Biden said too many democrats were sitting at home or elsewhere, I was 1 of them.
I guess that depends only in which state you live in, now doesn't it?

Too bad his VP isn't with him or they might make a tempting target. :D

been more prominently covered in the media (which I thought it already was. Before this thread I always thought that was how Hillary and most of the left viewed Trump, in that they wouldn't trust him with nukes.)

It was. Every single commercial break, CNN had the campaign ad from retired generals telling us what a threat Trump was. And the actual news coverage was much of the same. CNN had and still does have a personal vendetta against Trump. I can't blame them after Trump insulted CNN, but it still lacks professionalism.

How many hours of CNN would you say you watched before reaching that conclusion?

It would be a bit odd for CNN to have a grudge against their biggest gravy train in years

It's a ridiculous thing to say because CNN still insists on having Trump surrogates on the air to parrot the administrations lies, lending them whatever credibility CNN has. And they did throughout the entire election season.

In other words, anyone who thinks CNN is biased against Trump didn't come to that conclusion by actually watching CNN. What likely happened is another news network told them that about CNN, and they decided to repeat it.

Ridiculous.

CNN has consistently given extremely negative coverage about everything to do with Trump. To suggest anything otherwise is simply delusional.

Ridiculous.

CNN has consistently given extremely negative coverage about everything to do with Trump. To suggest anything otherwise is simply delusional.

How many hours of CNN would you say you watched before reaching that conclusion?

I can go to Youtube right now and post clip, after clip, after cringeworthy clip, but I hardly see that as being necessary...

Top Bottom