Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gas chamber

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Firing squad

Votes: 33 63.5%

• Total voters

Vietcong

Deity
If you wear on(in the united states) death row, and where allowed to pic the form of execution preformed, witch would u chose?
the executions available are ones only legal in the usa.

I think I would go for firing squad.

Edit: some people are confused on firing squad it seems..
the way it works is its all mechanical now, the guns are mounted on a wood frame, position perfectly on target, with a mechanical trigger pulled by a small motor.
all the executioner dose is press a button in the next room*so he doesnt even see you*
allso you are strapped into a chair with a hood on your head. thay aim for the heart.

Having watched a recent programme on TV with that Conservative MP (I forget his name), I'd rather they stuck me in a low oxygen chamber.

Lethal injection cannot be done by doctors (Hippocratic oath), and can go wrong, although it's not common.
Hanging really isn't a pretty way to die
Electric chair can be extremely painful (as you'd expect). They tried it out on a dead pig and it burnt through the flesh on the head. One guy had to be given 3 shocks of that before he died.
Gas chamber can be a painful way to die.
Firing squad is quick, at least, but I'd rather they just shot me in the head a couple of times - you'd still die with the pain of a few gunshot wounds to the torso, or wherever.

Lethal injection. You just go to sleep and never wake up after getting amazingly high.

Other than the fact that it's only legal in Utah and possibly one other state, I'd go with firing squad. Electric chair is too likely to go wrong, gas chamber probably would be very unpleasant, hanging could also go wrong, and lethal injection could as well (not to mention the fact that I'm not a fan of needles in my arm even for good purposes, such as giving blood). Plus I wouldn't have to be as calm for a firing squad as for a lethal injection squad (accuracy isn't as important), and I doubt I would be particularly calm at that time.

Of the two allowed in my state (electric chair and lethal injection) I'd go for the latter.

The order of most executions since 1973 is:
1. Lethal injection
2. Electric Chair
3. Hanging
4. Firing Squad/Gas Chamber - they're both only 2 or 3 each, I can't remember which is which.

Massive heroin overdose.

I'd donate my body to spelling research.

"Whear?!?"

He's autistic.

Firing squad!

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

:)

Yes, sorry, I don't usually miss the obvious. Anyone who speaks English as a second language has my admiration.

As for the question, anyone who earns the death penalty should suffer. So whatever is most painful and prolonged. Just because it is hypothetically me doesn't change my answer.

See, here's the problem: the criminal justice system has been devised by thoughtful, intelligent, well-meaning people. The problem is, criminals are neither thoughtful nor intelligent, and far from well-meaning. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals. What would deter a thoughtful intelligent person is useless on the average criminal. Criminals are stupid and vicious, and should be treated as stupid and vicious.

Lethal injection or decapitation by guillotine, so I could donate my body parts.

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

:)

Yes, sorry, I don't usually miss the obvious. Anyone who speaks English as a second language has my admiration.

As for the question, anyone who earns the death penalty should suffer. So whatever is most painful and prolonged. Just because it is hypothetically me doesn't change my answer.

See, here's the problem: the criminal justice system has been devised by thoughtful, intelligent, well-meaning people. The problem is, criminals are neither thoughtful nor intelligent, and far from well-meaning. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals. What would deter a thoughtful intelligent person is useless on the average criminal. Criminals are stupid and vicious, and should be treated as stupid and vicious.

But a person can be convicted even if he didn't do. The death penalty is irreversible.

The Innocence Project alone has exonerated 14 men set to be executed. While I agree some people just need killing it should really not be used unless you are absolutely certain they did it.

Probably hanging cuz I don't want my head to be destroyed by bullets which seems the easiest and fastest.

Wish there was an "other" option. If had had to go, I'd rather get the guillitine. Swissssh, thwack, done in a split second. Of the choices listed, assuming they have good aim, I would choose firing squad. But they had better have good aim! I don't want to get shot in the groin and just lay there bleeding and screaming for a long time...

Probably hanging cuz I don't want my head to be destroyed by bullets which seems the easiest and fastest.

If it were, we wouldn't have invented all these alternatives. Hanging is quite awful if not done properly.

Top Bottom