Imaging this scenario. Lets flip the tables on iraq!

Lets flip the tables on iraq!

Imagine your country was invaded by a force from another country, wether it be the E.U, china, or the U.S, claiming to be "liberators". Oh and at the same time a dictator just recently came into power in your country. For added twist lets say the "liberators" installed him a couple decades ago. ;) :lol:

Would you support terrorist tactics against them to get rid of the "liberators"?

Well, if the "liberators" were led by George W. then yes! I'd do whatever it'd take to get that maniac out of my country! If they weren't led by him then I still would. (I'm anti-Bush if you hadn't guessed yet and I'm a Muslim.)

You don't have culture!, you only have business!

Hollywood, Rock 'N Roll, Hip-Hop, Country Music, most Rock Music, Some Good Literature.

None of that is culture, though. ;)

Seriously, if a country invaded the US, it would depend on how they govern me.

Wow, I'm surprised the past two posts have had nothing to do with my post, considering the first page.

I would thank them for overthrowing the dictator they installed, but give them no credit for it, since they just put another puppet in his place. Once they start torturing people and killing my family and friends, and it becomes clear they won't be leaving any time soon, I would leave the country with my family. If my family is already dead, or too wounded to leave, or if the borders are closed, then things will get more interesting for the occupants. If anyone in my family is still fit to carry a gun, I'd ask them to join me. Then I'd go around my city asking people to join us, especially ex-military personnel and hunters. If someone doesn't want to risk fighting, I'd ask them to at least provide us with ammo and weapons. If anyone has instructions for making explosives, I'd gladly accept those too. There's no way I can take out a tank or APC unless I've got something with some kick. Finally, I'd check around at any former military bases to see if I could find mortars, sniper rifles or rocket launchers. When I've gathered all the people, ammo and weapons I can get, I would start raiding their camps, and ambushing their patrols whenever I see them. If I make them leave the city, I would gather supplies of food, fuel, and medicine, load it all up on busses, vans and trucks, and follow them. I would try to pick up as much support as I could along the way, and keep hunting them down until we've pushed them out of the country.

I would use the invasion as an excuse to kill civilians, both on my side and theirs. And it wouldn't matter as the invaders home population would sympathize with me anyway as an excuse to stick it to their version of The Man.

re: Asperger's claim that the Dutch have culture while the Americans do not...

What, wooden shoes and tulips? :lol:

~Chris

You need to lay off civ3 conquests for awhile. :lol:

ShannonCT said:
The dictator has isolated his country from the rest of the world and has significantly decreased the quality of life of his country.

Not correct at all. Up until 1991, Iraq was a staunch ally of the United States, and had one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East despite the immense strain of the war on Iran.

Then he decided to stand up on his own and to stop being such a puppet of the West, figuring that as long as he didn't threaten any Western interests, neither Bush I nor any other Western leader would care. Big miscalculation on his part. Western leaders don't simply let their puppets walk away.

Ah, I didn't realise the qualification of "Not being a puppet to the west" was to invade an occupy neighboring countries.

Do you have anything better to do than follow me around and troll on my every post?

Depends.

They start killing friends and family, I'm blasting an extended clip at their checkpoints.

They genuinely liberate my country, I'll go along.

Not correct at all. Up until 1991, Iraq was a staunch ally of the United States, and had one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East despite the immense strain of the war on Iran.

Iraq has gone down the tubes under Saddam's reign. His invasion of Iran led to the war deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, the destruction of a great deal of national infrastructure, and the wrecking of Iraq's credit. His invasion of Kuwait led to Iraq's isolation from nearly every nation in the world, to the further destruction of life and infrastructure, and later to economic sanctions. I would welcome anyone that would liberate my nation from such a loathesome tyrant.

ShannonCT said:
The dictator has isolated his country from the rest of the world and has significantly decreased the quality of life of his country.

100% Correct.

Top Bottom