Imperium Off Topicum - Wars/Battles Thread

I am planning to join the NADTA, but that does not mean I am an enemy of Europe. I believe in American soverignty (Not being ruled by Euros) but outside of Brazil it isn't my business.

You know... we need not divide the world into "Asian", "African", "American" and "European."

Many of us share the same blood and have the same ancestors, regardless if we all believe in science or faith.

If ANTIEDO renames itself and changes itself to be a global security alliance, we will be sure Brazil has the first ticket to membership. Their cleverness in diffusing a crisis would be quite valuable for the pursuit of peace and security.

You know... we need not divide the world into "Asian", "African", "American" and "European."

Many of us share the same blood and have the same ancestors, regardless if we all believe in science or faith.

If ANTIEDO renames itself and changes itself to be a global security alliance, we will be sure Brazil has the first ticket to membership. Their cleverness in diffusing a crisis would be quite valuable for the pursuit of peace and security.

I cannot join ANTIEDO, I wish to have friendly relations, but as far as I know, I cannot join both. Also, if a war ON AMERICAN SOIL were to occur, I would certainly defend NADTA.

I can't, my loyalties, though neutralish, are still NADTA.

This is OT, but how is Israel a member of NADTA? Or is this from a different IOT game?

From a different game.

Each IOT game has used the same wars/battles and UN threads.

From a different game.

Each IOT game has used the same wars/battles and UN threads.

Ok.

Tanicius, how do ya plan on voting in regards to Venisuala? Vote no, and you will strengthen our relationship.

If you vote to dissolve his membership, I will allow 5,000 additional "Undesirables," to emigrate each year.

Tanicius, how do ya plan on voting in regards to Venisuala? Vote no, and you will strengthen our relationship.

If you vote to dissolve his membership, I will allow 5,000 additional "Undesirables," to emigrate each year.

We have not decided, and all votes shall remain anonymous outside the group unless said members reveal their respective votes.

We shall vote when the time is right.

We have not decided, and all votes shall remain anonymous outside the group unless said members reveal their respective votes.

We shall vote when the time is right.

I think you should openly vote no, for the good of our relationship.

What if I want to join your group
Spoiler :
I don't.

I don't see where battle is explained. Someone please explain, or link to the page explaining?

What the Christ?!!? Did you not realized that we have a non-agression pact. Yet you decide to pull a Pearl Harbor against the German Republican City of Singapore!?

You attacked me, since ANTI EDO declared war on NADTA (which I am allies with) for declaring war on Byzantine Brazil. So technically, you broke our pact.

That is, if that war's still on. I left for a couple hours and I've never been more confused.

Is NADTA still at war with Byz. Brazil? Is ANTI EDO still at war with NADTA? If not, then I'm not at war with you.

You attacked me, since ANTI EDO declared war on NADTA (which I am allies with) for declaring war on Byzantine Brazil. So technically, you broke our pact.

That is, if that war's still on. I left for a couple hours and I've never been more confused.

Is NADTA still at war with Byz. Brazil? Is ANTI EDO still at war with NADTA? If not, then I'm not at war with you.

As far as I know we are. By the way how exactly do invasions work. Can we invade and make claims or does invading count as claims?

Should I make invasion orders here on in the thread?

Full stop! No I did not. I did not even attacked you! I did not even fired a shot!! I did not broke anything! Technically, YOU broke the pact. Not me!

Full stop! No I did not. I did not even attacked you! I did not even fired a shot!! I did not broke anything! Technically, YOU broke the pact. Not me!

Well, you're part of ANTI EDO which declared war on... oh :):):):) it...

Where the hell are TF and Omega, I'm royally confused by the WHOLE situation.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate Language
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

SPHERES OF INFLUENCE ARE TOTALLY BULL.

They just show what effects a nation has in its surrounding areas, not control. England and France have had conflicting SoI's forever basically, but that doesn't mean their lands are being invaded. Usually.

We've never seen you though.

So that means... :lol:

OK peeps, before we let slip the dogs of war, it's question time. I predict I am going to be swamped with battles in the very near future. As beautiful as OFP is, I get the feeling players will want a faster resolution than once-a-week. Would we like a temporary measure?

I'm going to suggest...
...dice.
BUT WAIT!

Anybody familiar with the board game Axis and Allies? Combat is done through die rolls, with different units attributed different attack/defence values, ex: Infantry 1/2, Armour 3/2, Fighters, 3/4, and so on. These values correspond with the maximum number needed to hit an enemy unit (i.e. infantry attacking hit with a roll of 1, fighters defending hit with 4, 3, 2 or 1, etc.). Basically, we keep the same idea of proportionate forces (12 soldiers, 4 tanks, 1 plane each side), but instead of me spending hours preparing and running through the simulation, I spend five minutes calculating it all. It's not pretty, but it's much faster. I'm quite upset I didn't think of this before.

Thoughts?

That sounds good.

You know the last battle that hasn't been done yet in South Vietnam? Send everyone of my side across the path to the left of the Chinese blockade.

I like that, but then victory will only be decided by what the dice rolls. There needs to be some strategy to it.

Top Bottom