Imperium Offtopicum: Valkyrie

Good. We shall also take over Hungary.

(ooc: They have 10 Armies (Romania and Hungary together) and I have 12. )

The End of the Irish Free State:​

By the advice of Parliament, His Majesty King George V hereby decrees the following:

The Anglo-Irish Treaty of London, signed December 6 1921, and all orders issued by His Majesty with regards to Ireland, are henceforth null and void. The United Kingdom is now considered to include all of Ireland. Irish Parliament is ordered to dissolve, and its Members shall now meet at the Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland at Westminster.

Failure for the Irish government to comply can and will result in the use of military force.

The Irish government declines and proclaims the Free Republic of Ireland! We will resist, and we ask for all nations that support freedom to support our cause.

The government of Timor-Leste offers to mediate between the United Kingdom and the Irish Free State if both parties are willing to explore a non-violent resolution to the dispute.

The Irish government declines and proclaims the Free Republic of Ireland! We will resist, and we ask for all nations that support freedom to support our cause.

The hearts and minds of the Venezuelan people go out to the Irish people, grasping for liberty, but we cannot spare a single bullet for the defense of any nation but ours.

Edit: @Timor: I guess you're not very aware of the happenings in the Americas. Many do not condone those actions. Britain even committed a force I believe.

@Iberia: Anyway, revanchism still exists in the populace. Reconquest is our goal. Surely the Iberians can understand the notion.

We are well aware of the issues in the Americas, we remind you that our refusal to bow to Greek pressure to join an unjust war led to our final colonial ties to Europe being severed. We deplore the actions of America and her allies and stated us such when the US declared war. They did, however, give a casus bellum on their declaration of war, even if the justification was flimsy.

Iberia disapproves of the arbitrary and unjust actions of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and recognise the sovereignty of the Irish free state. We condemn Turkey and Serbia-Greece as well.

Now, Iberian, that's just hypocritical. You had no justification for annexing Portugal. You had no legitimate reason for every one of your colonies that you currently have.

And no, being attacked gives no Casus belli for annexation of the offender. Don't stand on cardboard boxes, Iberian. It doesn't look nice at all.

@timor: Revanchism is legitimate. Much more if we're comparing it to the American war.

We were attacked, we shared a common past. And we have united in a most fruitful union that has nearly doubled our global wealth in merely five years. We have no more colonies that we had. They are dominions and they willingly accepted their current status.

We have abandoned the old-fashioned, centralist, monolithic imperialism, and we're working towards a Commonwealth of nations and cultures. Our strongest link is the monetary and fiscal union, and the fact that Spanish is the official language of the whole country. But regions still get to keep a degree of autonomy in education and cultural matters and, most importantly, their language. It is respect for the others which ties our country together.

And why can't my taking back old Turkish lands not have a chance to have as much success? And in case you didn't notice, Bulgarians hate their government. We alone have built an economy that rivals a great western power. Why can't we share this economic awakening with our old lands?

We didn't say you can't, but we disapprove of this landgrab.

Don't count me in. We're the Maditerranean Switzerland, remember? We're not into World Wars.

OOC: so if I go away for a few days (very busy with school work), I except my Europe to be how it was when I left. When the hell did all of this come about??? (the Balkans war)

Top Bottom