Influx of New Info

Morningcalm: Is there a Pantheon choice to make Monuments produce Faith? Or maybe a Social Policy?

There's also the rumor that Ethiopia gets a UB Monument that also produces Faith.

The article in question has the author playing the Celts, which we know don't have a monument UB. I checked the known Beliefs, and I found none that have that bonus. I think the author mistated which building gave him Faith.

Well, if he's the Celts, he doesn't really need Shrines to get Faith, because of their UA, right? ;)

Still don't know if there's a Policy that affects this (Legalism from Tradition?). Low percentage scenario, of course.

Have to be really careful with the statements from the previews; they're short and quickly written and often contain mistakes. Often they're just rewordings of a press release... with great liberties taken. Remember the one that claimed that melee naval units spawned land units to attack the coast? It helps to have more than one indirect source.

In the 1UP video, when he's in the research submenu, you can see in the tooltip that the new icon under Banking is the Constabulary.

So, I suppose that means there is no info on the new tech era. Right?

nokmirt: All I've seen is the 'Steam Age' that is apparently linked (only) to the Smoky Skies scenario. No one has commented on anything else that looks like a new Age.

nokmirt: All I've seen is the 'Steam Age' that is apparently linked (only) to the Smoky Skies scenario. No one has commented on anything else that looks like a new Age.

I saw that. That scenario looks awesome from what I have seen. Thanks for the info. I have been waitng for any news on a new tech era. Maybe it is better off if it is a surprise.

Himeji Castle not under Bushi^H^H^H^H^H Chivalry. (Seriously, Himezi Shiro would be much nicer.)

:confused: I don't get this. Could somebody please enlighten me?

Himezi is an alternative, albeit misleading and obsolete way of writing Himeji in romanized Japanese. Since the pronunciation is exactly what you would expect under the modern romanization, Himeji is the appropriate spelling in English. Shiro is the Japanese for castle, but when applied to a named castle, as in Himeji Castle, it becomes Himeji-jo. Quite why we'd want to have things unnecessarily written in Japanese I don't know, but long story short, Ulthwithian is being snooty about a language he or she doesn't understand.

@ Ulthwithian

Well, in my country, constabulary translate as 'force de police' while police station is a 'commissariat de police'. The word 'gendarmerie' refers to the military police and can be traced back to the medieval era with the landlord militias known as 'gens d'armes'. Not sure if constabulary is a military police or a civilian one.

Just thought I'd point out that in the IGN article, it says the Pyramids provide faith now:

To accumulate Faith you first build early religious structures like Pyramids.

Unless they meant some other type of "Pyramids" apart from the Wonder, but I think it'd be confusing if they had a building and a wonder both called "Pyramids."

Maya has Pyramids as a building.

There's a screenshot for the Pyramid of Giza, which seems to be the same.

Just thought I'd point out that in the IGN article, it says the Pyramids provide faith now:

Unless they meant some other type of "Pyramids" apart from the Wonder, but I think it'd be confusing if they had a building and a wonder both called "Pyramids."

Well actually in the IGN video they scroll over the Maya city and you see it is building "Pyramid" and as a building (the UB for the Maya). So yea appears there is both a building and a wonder now :p

Pretty sure they mean shrines :rolleyes: as they say "Pyramids (not "the Pyramids").

I believe Monuments are being renamed to Shrines (on a screenshot Piety says the opener now reduces build time for shrines and temples by 15%). And a monument somewhat could be mistaken as a pyramid I guess, at least if only looking at the top part of it.

Top Bottom