Introduce Yourself!

Hello my name is Toni. I love Civilization as long I remember being gamer. My first edition was Civilization 2 for PlayStation 1. I spent many hours playing that edition. Later I tried Civ2 for PC but it was little bit different from charm I found in PSX version. I know is port and all but for me Civilization 2 for PSX was something special. Latter I learn to edit whole ISO of PSX version to make other unplayable civilizations for myself. After that I skipped Civilization III and move to Civilization IV. Playing it for many hours. I was not so lucky to play Civilization V but now I decide to dedicate myself to Civilization VI. It was a love at first sight. When I got game it was Sunday and I spent whole day and night and took sleep only four hours before I go to job.

I love modding. Willing to learn. Customization and strategy is something like passion for me. Just sometimes we need push to get started.

Hi all,

First played Civ IV ages ago and it just never clicked with me - I probably didn't understand it mostly. Tried again with Civ V and surprisingly got up to 600 hours. I'm an aussie with only a bit of coding experience from making some java applets, delphi programs, HTML, PHP, VBA when I was younger. Started doing super basic XML mods for CIV V including Slimline Ancient Ruin Tweak & Slimline Quicker Quick Game.

Keen to learn LUA and get into some advanced stuff with Civ 6. Going to need to lean on you guys in these forums alot though.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey all, Meaniehead checking in as a potential modder. I've been playing Civilization since #1 came out (used to love buying cities with diplomats, those were the days). That said, I never really got into using mods for anything (discounting professional mods/dlc etc) until the last couple of years of Civilization 5. When I tried it, when I saw what Sukritact, Colonialist Legacies, JFD and many others had done... I was hooked. It was like trying crack for the first time when you have no impulse control and an addictive personality. I ended up downloading so many mods that looked good to try that I... er... well... I couldn't even start a game anymore (I think I may have a problem). As you might guess from that, I've never actually PRODUCED a mod in my life, for anything.

That said, I'm retired, I'm a gamer (of dubious skill but much enjoyment), I'm an amateur fantasy writer whose favourite part of writing is designing worlds and civilizations, and I'm an ex-programmer by trade. HOPEFULLY I'll be able to pick my way through this mess. I admit though that I feel a bit like that guy getting strapped into the rocket on Armageddon - "Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense."

Among the ideas I already have for modding:

Yorkshire Civilization - Yorkshire is a county or 3 in England where I grew up. We jokingly see ourselves as the greatest nation on Earth, as well as having a tendency to put ourselves down in humour. My initial thoughts are a nation combining pride/arrogance (in the form of culture or religion) with either population or amenities. All aspects based on Yorkshire heritage.

Pax Pagani Civilization - a religious civilization based around neopaganism/wicca/druidry etc.

Various Discworld mods - Discworld is a fantasy series by British humourist Terry Pratchett, who sadly passed last year. It has numerous distinct nations which could be developed into civs except that none have the 20-30 cities needed to pad out a civ. As such, I abandoned that in favour of perhaps developing Great Persons from some of the major characters, city states from major cities, and so on.

I think my biggest concern is my complete lack of graphical ability, but I think I can work my way around that in time.

Hello. I have almost no modding experience but I'm trying to break into it with Civ VI (I'll spare you the backstory, suffice it to say I'm a longtime Civ fan since II, skipped III, fell in love with IV and had a very mixed experience with V). I have done a little bit of modding with Dominions 4 in the past utilizing the game's internal pseudocode, and the xml modding isn't too large a leap from that. So I feel like I'm doing well so far.

Of course, I have very little ability to do graphics/UI so that kind of stuff will likely be beyond me. But currently I am working on a National Wonders mod that I may make a post about later. I'm having mixed degrees of success with it, there are a lot of things I want to do but some of them I simply don't know how to accomplish it (and other things are easily accomplished). I don't know what kind of other mods I'd like to add, but if possible, perhaps try adding Golden Ages and Stack Combat (may require waiting for modding tools).

I've already completed my Fish Farms mod which allows the construction of fishing boats on any water tile. The goal is not only to improve the balance of water tiles but also make them more interactive and interesting in a similar manner to land tiles (while keeping a distinction between the two).

Greetings from someone with a total lack of modding experience yet with an interest in the design in this game. Hopefully I can put myself to learning the ways of modding in Civ VI and make the ideas I have for things to put in the game a reality (and maybe get some help on the way).

I am The Capo.

I am a longtime Civ player (played every Civ, V the least believe it or not), I was a big-time multiplayer til I started modding in Civ IV. I mostly did graphics modifications (primarily Leaderheads and Units, but nearly everything graphical) and did a couple other mods, including a total conversion mod that my attention to detail and "just one more thing..." attitude never permitted me to finish.

Since I started modding IV after BtS came out, I promised myself I would get an early start this time.

EDIT: Hello IgorS and Xyth!

Hi all. :)

My first Civ game was Civilization II, back in 1998. When I met my (soon-to-be) husband, he was playing it and taught me how. We both loved it and spent several years playing the heck out of it. :p Now we both have Civilization VI. It was my Xmas gift to him. After watching over his shoulder for about 10 mins, I immediately purchased a copy for myself as well, and we'll once again be playing together (as soon as we've got the basics down). :)

I have a teeny-tiny bit of experience with modding (just a few Roach re-skins for The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt), and I'm looking forward to making some mods for Civ VI (when official modding tools/files are released). Nothing too complex, though. Basically just visual/artwork resources, that can then be used by others for larger modding projects. What I have in mind is some alternate/fantasy terrain, and lots of new resource icons for the new terrain, to replace the existing ones, or to be used in addition to.

Anyway, that's the plan for now. Hopefully it won't be too difficult. I'll have to wait and see how the image files are handled, once we have access to them. And while I wait, I'm spending time jotting down lots and lots of notes/ideas. :p

Hello, everyone.

I'm a relatively new Civ player, and a junior modder. A made a few simple mods for Civ 5, but never released anything of note.

For Civ 6, I intend to do a lot more; in particular, I'll be learning LUA. Someday, I'd like to do a big total conversion, or maybe join a team to work on a large project.

Hi all!

I'm definitely not a huge gamer, but consistently played Civ since the late 90's. It's the perfect game for me, and it's always my go to. This is my first time to ever use mods. I had heard about them, but was never interested until now.

I might have a mod addiction now! I have this overpowering urge to load up on every non-conflicting mod I see here! How much is too much?

Hi all!

Long time Civ player here since the days of Civ3. Did a fairly substantial amount of modding for civ4 (mostly some work on the WW2 1939 mod) but I've been gone awhile. Looking to get back in to some scenario creation and other data modifying (mostly xml) here in the coming weeks and months.

Hadn't played any Civ (or ANY TBS game) until about August last year. Then I saw a trailer for Civ VI, thought it looked interesting and so bought Civ V (both expansions etc) for £10. 100 hours later Civ VI came out...and after 120 hours with VI I am rapidly turning into what this site is about i.e. Civ Fanatics :)

Allied to my passion for Civ I also love programming/IT, as it's been my career for nearly 27 years. Therefore if I can code/config etc a game I truly enjoy to make it even more enjoyable then that is a marriage made in heaven for me.

PaulC.

i played civ 1 and 2 on amiga 500 and pc. i skipped 3, and only played 4 for a few games before i got civ 5 since it was on offer with all the expansions. loved playing that with IGE mod, info addict. i got into helping the author of middle earth civs mods with names and bug testing, and played happily offline in middle earth having great fun. im finding city building in VI to be somewhat of a chore, having to chose districts, and then running out of space and having to put down new kinds of district to shut up the 'need more housing/amenities' warnings and finding suddenly the city is starving because it NEEDED that farm...
i been on forum on and off since i got civ 5, and i will keep playing civ VI but right now my gut instinct says 'city building is too complicated now and should have been left to sim city and cities:skylines'

oh and i wanted to thank all the mod authors for civ 5. i cant mod myself but i had so much more fun as a result of your effort!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I was introduced to Civ 5 from a friend and loved it. Played it with a bunch of mods and had so much fun testing things out. Now that Civ 6 arrived I thought I would try my hand at making my own mods. Hopefully it isn't too hard as I've never modded before.

Hello Internet, I'm Marco.

I have made assets for Cities: Skylines, a horribly unbalanced turtling civ for Civilization V, and two incomplete mods for CivBERT. I have sunk approximately 700 hours between CivBERT and Civ5, unlocking about 1/2 the achievements.

I hope to eventually add aspects of CivBERT and SMAC to Civ6. However, I do not yet have the time or money for Civ6. Although, I have been watching intently.

Good day, modders.
Im Ye Fan, freelancing artist, mostly focusing on Anime/Manga like style, but i also do huge piece like concept art.

We all know there are tons of anime Leader mod around the community, with :c5gold:, I can remake your art more fit into Civ5/Civ6 by not simply using filter, from icon design, 2D leader art, to the concept art style background, or even some advertising poster for your mod to use.

Unfortunately, my current offer does not include 3D characters, animation, and super-realism leader art.

Here are some of my old art for my dropped Civ5 mod project
Spoiler :

And yes, they are old, so I humbly invite you to take a look at my site, its up to date, I hope my current art skill can fit your needs well.
http://ye-fan.deviantart.com/
https://www.instagram.com/yefans_creation/

Please do not hesitate to send me your inquiry via Forum system.

Have a good one.

I started playing civ games with the first one. I am a self taught modder/coder, and modded "many" other games:
Legend of grimrock 1 an 2, NWN2, Mount and blade warband, and civ 4.
Looking forward making some buggy mods in civ 6 :)

Hi, my First Civ was Civ V , and i am a not very Talented Modder of a few Games by now : Civ V , total war shogun 2 , skyrim , Fifa and WWE2k and now Is Civ 6 the best Game to Mod For me i think. :)

Hi, nice to see this thread. I have played all version of civilisation. I have never used any mod before other than gedemon' gaint earth map. Neither have I created any mod. Although many had given negative comments on civ 6 compared to civ 5, I personnaly feel civ 6 is better. I was thinking of learning to create my own customised mod to play. I"m Nee to mod as well little knowledge in xml and sql program. I am reading on both format and hope I will eventually succeed in creating a simple customised mod.

Top Bottom