Iran, the Red Sea, and the West (tm).

But youre wetting your knickers over some guy w a wife and kids getting shot? So when they shoot him back you can go online and gloat, like see US is a hellhole? That's pretty sick
Irony, thy name is Narz:
Give yourself a break, it must get tiring arguing with phantoms.

How many cops in prison? Corruption? Sure? I'm all for criminal reform? But youre wetting your knickers over some guy w a wife and kids getting shot? So when they shoot him back you can go online and gloat, like see US is a hellhole? That's pretty sick

I mean I too can make things up and get all indignant about them; it's not hard to do.

All systems of government work primarily through consent. You think people in Russia and China don't mostly consent to their systems of government? Regimes that rely on force and terror alone don't last long.
Yes yes, and if I don't pay the taxes you would have our system demand of me(or me of you), and should I effectively resist seizure of my assets, the path of escalation before the state shoots me dead is very short.

But there are differences. Like not being guilty once criminal charges are leveled? That's a difference.

I think he meant "having learned Japanese would be an advantage" (presumably for learning Chinese)
I think he meant “I don’t know Japanese.”

I mean I too can make things up and get all indignant about them; it's not hard to do.
Yeah and he’s like “oh so cops don’t go to prison?” Like begging the question for the moral attributes of a society he clearly hasn’t actually thought critically about but has a lot of good ol boy assumptions for. Like I dunno do cops go to prison? What are the figures? Who cares, says Narz. I already know the truth. Like you know the obvious fact that America is freer than China. Which is “obvious” in this case based on literally no evidence at all lmao.

Yes yes, and if I don't pay the taxes you would have our system demand of me (or me of you), and should I effectively resist seizure of my assets, the path of escalation before the state shoots me dead is very short.

But there are differences. Like not being guilty once criminal charges are leveled? That's a difference.

Yes, that does seem to be a meaningful difference, from cursory googling. The US and other liberal systems have adversarial trials which China mostly doesn't. How "fair" our trials therefore are is a different question (coincidentally, I've recently had a couple of coworkers out doing jury duty and their reports are not encouraging in this regard).

I also recently discovered the story of Terra Morehead and Roger Golubski. Anyone interested should look that one up; Golubski is pretty clearly a serial killer who benefited from a badge and gun.

well if the protestors don't have a legal right to be in the particular places the cops are forcing them out of [e.g. buildings belonging to the universities], your recommendations for some sort of armed resistance don't really follow through, as the protestors can't be said to be justifiably defending themselves. so there's that.
edit: I assume you meant the protestors on college campuses
Yes comrade, it was terrible how those damned students were occupying Tiananmen Square, its a good thing that the army rolled in and arrested those criminals.

Yep, let's recap :
1 - A number of people are trying to paint how USA treat dissent (which is admitedly not perfect) on a comparable footing with how China treat dissent (which is by far even less perfect).
2 - I point at how putting both on a comparable level is a sign of ideological blindness.
3 - You then barge in and throw a lot of barbs about reading comprehension and assigning to people opinions they haven't held.
4 - You get pointed that if you fail to see such positions despite them being just written in the posts above, you're the one with reading comprehension problem.
5 - You double down on personal attacks where you accuse me of what you're doing right now.

So yeah, stop projecting and giving lessons you should be the first to apply.

The US has managed to arrest more people on its repression of protests against the ongoing attempted genocide in Palestine than China did on its repression of protests in Honk-Kong a few years ago.
True or false?

I do believe that your ideological blindness you make you keep ignoring any and all inconvenient facts.

You act as if being arrested in different systems isn't different? That's the little rhetorical trick, eh? Adversarial trials aren't the heavens the gospels promise, but lol, there's a reason they're a fundamental right... or not.

You act as if being arrested in different systems isn't different? That's the little rhetorical trick, eh? Adversarial trials aren't the heavens the gospels promise, but lol, there's a reason they're a fundamental right... or not.
Yes, that "reason" is to trick people like you and me into thinking we're getting a fair shake. But it ain't for you and me. It's for people who can pay for lawyers.

You know this gut called Assange? On what grounds exactly, on what legal basis, is he rotting in prision for doing journalism?

If you think the US and its vassals are "free countries" you're seriously mistaken. Thpose in power don't even feel any need to pretend anymore.

And Boeing, yes.

I don't understand the last two posts as actual response. We were addressing the campus protests. Now that I'm willing to focus in on them, are we going to skew into something else?

Yes, that "reason" is to trick people like you and me into thinking we're getting a fair shake. But it ain't for you and me. It's for people who can pay for lawyers.
Public defenders aren't all bad. I was pretty impressed w the one I had in NJ, the one in NY not so much, I could tell he didn't believe me.

I don't think anyone trusts the legal system in US very much, certainly not anyone who's been involved with. Good reason to stay out of it.

Last edited:
The US has managed to arrest more people on its repression of protests against the ongoing attempted genocide in Palestine than China did on its repression of protests in Honk-Kong a few years ago.
True or false?
So you're comparing protests in dozens of US cities to one in China and calling it a gotcha?

Got the per capital numbers on arrests per protest (not sure if anyone tallying numbers on protesters)? These students are very valuable resources to their universities (some of worth $100k or more to them) so I suspect they won't be given long sentences if they catch charges @ all. Maybe a few provocateurs who aren't even $tudents will get more than a slap on the wrist, we'll see.

Perhaps Chinese take the adage "f around & find out" a little more seriously than American kids?

Nobody's claiming the systems aren't different. Speaking of rhetorical tricks :) Similarities existing doesn't mean things are the same, and when the things that are similar are bad, it is consistent to criticise both, instead of making excuses for one and not the other.

Maybe a few provocateurs who aren't even $tudents will get more than a slap on the wrist, we'll see.
It's wild that you have this weird burden of proof for other peoples' claims, and then just trot out nonsense like this (after claiming you don't read conservative news, which is basically where this unfounded claim originated from in the first place).

Top Bottom