1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood: Redux - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by BSmith1068, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Double A

Double A wak

I can't seem to wrap my head around this. Probably because I think it's a stupid rule in the first place.

2. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Peace is declared!

One front of the European War is closed as the Anti-EU alliance make peace with Lusitania.

Lusitania is to cede Angola to Southrica and to make three 3IC repayments to Al-Andalus over a 12 year period.

3. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

Alaska
    8 IC

4 IC into factories in Alaska
    2 IC into factories in Hawaii
    2 IC into 1 army

4. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Euphonium Player

Confirming

5. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Just saying, Seron hasn't been at school since last week, and I have no idea why, and he hasn't made a post since monday. So if he doesn't send orders soon, I warned y'all.

6. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

Coring costs 50% of your income.

7. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Coring costs 50% if it borders your capital. 75% if it borders another core. 100% if it's bordering neither.

8. CELTICEMPIRE

CELTICEMPIRE Zulu Conqueror

Mexico, 7 IC + Option 1: The tourism will enhance city revenue - gain a one-off bonus of 10 IC=17 IC
    4 IC into factories in Mexico
    2 IC into Texas factories
    4 IC into Colorado factories
    1 IC into California, 1 into Sudan, 1 into Libya
    4 IC into science

9. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

The Peasant Empress, Part II

The news had been momentous. The aristocracy was incensed. The diplomatic corps was heavily disappointed. The peasantry, however, rejoiced. It was nearly unprecedented.

It had started innocently enough. After the Battle of Québec City, the Restorationist forces crowned the young Napoleon II Emperor of the French in Quebec. The remnants of the Coalition army were forced to either swear loyalty to the new Emperor or be sent back to their countries of origin. Most chose to leave, but a few stayed. Those who did were integrated into the new order. Most of the key members of the Restoration were also given influential positions in the Empire.

Particular attention was given to the New Grand Army. The New Grand Army was in a poor state after the war. Most of its members were better described as rabble than proper soldiers. It was heavily reorganized, especially since with the war won, many of the men chose to return to their homes. The Officer Corps was streamlined, and records looked over. The most competent officers were given high ranks in the new New Grand Army, and others were brushed out or given a rank more suited to their skills.

One of the more peculiar appointments was of a woman named Marie Fortier. She had proven herself a competent officer during her days as a militia commander, and at the Battle of Québec City she showed she could also fight in an organized military. She was on the verge of being dismissed entirely when Napoleon II himself intervened and awarded her a Brigadier's commission. Few were happy about it; although she was disciplined and competent, she was still really rather young, and more importantly, a woman.

She was posted just outside the capital, where she routinely drilled the troops she commanded. They quickly became one of the more highly trained units. However, the more administrative side of things was rather poor. Although the troops were trained, organization was poor. As a result, she was summoned to the capital to explain. As it turned out, she couldn't read or write very well, and the staffers she assigned to the job tended to ignore her.

The staffers were disciplined, and the Emperor ordered his own tutors to teach her as well. Soon, the two became quite close. Before long, the Napoleon II confided in one of his advisers that he had grown very attached to her.

When the news was leaked, it was outrageous. An emperor courting a peasant. The aristocracy was incensed that the Emperor was not displaying any interest in their own daughters. The diplomatic corps was heavily disappointed that they could not marry into the royal family of some other country, cementing the House of Bonaparte's position. They jointly descended on him, demanding that he marry a noblewoman.

The controversy over it only served to drive Napoleon II and Marie Fortier closer. However, with the political elite in turmoil, it quickly became evident that something had to be done. Before long, the Emperor had an idea.

To commemorate the upcoming fifth anniversary of the Battle of Québec City, the Emperor announced that a new order of merit would be created to honor those who fought for the Restoration, the Ordre National de la Légion de la Restauration. Public support was incredibly high, and the army almost unanimously supported it. It was officially instituted the fifth anniversary of the crowning of Napoleon II. Almost immediately, he granted Marie Fortier the highest available honor, and with it, an official title of nobility in the Empire of the French in Quebec.

This surprised the upper echelons of Quebecois society. However, Napoleon II's next move left them stunned. He announced that he was engaged with the-now Marquise Fortier. When the aristocracy approached him in outrage, he pointed out that he had fulfilled their demands; he was marrying a noblewoman, as well as that the vast majority of the citizenry highly approved of their match. Defeated, the aristocracy backed down, and Marquise Fortier became Empress Marie. Napoleon II made her the Grandmaster of the Ordre National de la Légion de la Restauration, and awarded her the title of Marshal of the Empire.

Spoiler :
    Sorry for the no pictures, but it is surprisingly difficult to find pictures of a marriage between a person I made up and Napoleon II, considering he died around this time IRL.

Also, this is the last part of the Peasant Empress, no five-part story this time around.

10. Double A

Double A wak

Considering everyone at that time looked the same anyway, I'm not really buying your excuse :p

11. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Or maybe I'm lazy and have several pages of reports due tomorrow which I haven't even started, that's also usually a good guess with me.

EDIT: There, happy? I used a painting of Queen Victoria's wedding, however terrible it may be to use it to represent this.

12. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

13. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Chieftain Retired Moderator

Declarations of War closed. No new declarations were made, so naturally no responses can be either.

14. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

USS

10 IC into 5 factories in Siam
    1 IC to science

15. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Chieftain Retired Moderator

Stability requires significant investment by the nation that seeks it.

16. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

17. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

Deutshcland wants peace with anyone its at war at, since the war has become a phony war

18. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

We accept the peace.

19. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Agreed

20. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

That only leaves Italy, Britain and FAR to see sense to call off this war.

Portugal and made peace and now Germany is asking for it

A Phony War indeed !!!