Kudos on the new color scheme.

Apart from the colour was there any other changes?

Consulting the site from my android mobile is harder now. It often goes black, specially when I zoom in. And didn't happen before...

I do like the new look, but it might be too heavy for me...

It was about time.

People around here are too afraid of change :lol:

An ugly colour combo.
I like both screenies made by qwerty25. Although I prefer white text on a dark background there's too much darkness overall.
I would like to have both skins.

The two peachy colours (I think they both fall under "peach" myself) don't go with the existing grey / blue that sits around the rest of the place (thread / post detail, and so on). There's too much of a clash.

I'd visit the styling on the post / thread display as well if you wanted to make this more cohesive.

A scrolling background would be ideal (I particularly like the one with darkened post backgrounds), but I don't think vBulletin3 supports a scrolling background. If it does, that will probably be the best solution. If not, then we'll have to stick with either block colours or a static/repeating image.

Not sure if its the same as the vBulletin I used before, but it'd be like under color and background properties and then this css code creates background-image that doesn't move while scrolling:

blockquote {
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-image: url("http://i.imgur.com/QI60CFn.png");
background-position-x: center
background-position-y: center;
background-size: 100%;
background-color: #DFC89A;
}

Guys! Visited Civfanatics this morning and I became blind. First thing I did was looking for my sunglasses. What happened?

Ok to a more serious post: I have no problem with changing colors or inserting pictures or whatever. BUT I want to have a choice! If I want to have a darker theme, then let me please select it, if some guys want a change and want to use sunglasses, let them select another theme.

I have no problem with providing themes, but with just changing the color to something that is no improvement to before.. and BTW: I think that it is a bad idea to implement a background picture, I often see this on a 4k monitor in my browser and it looks crappy..

I have just had the 1970's on the phone, they want their colour scheme back.

Although I like Civ BE's theme more, it's a fresh air to welcome a new color scheme, though just like others it's a little too bright (Maybe a personification[colorification?] of the upcoming ecitement of Civ6 :D)

The new forum skin is meant to be Civ6 themed. So the yellow comes from the yellow colour used in the 'VI' in the Civ6 key art, which has been adapted for the words 'Fanatics Center' in the new banner (and many thanks to Dave Hinkle of 2K for helping us out with that). The beige (maybe it is too peachy?) comes from the Atlas in the same images.

Would other shades be more Civ6-appropriate? Are there any particular Civ6-themed icons that should be used in place of existing icons in this new theme?
I like the Yellow (looks tinted toward Gold to my eyes). Not a fan of the Peach - it clashes with the Yellow/Gold.

Thanks for experimenting, Camikaze!

Well, honestly, previous one was awesome but can't say the same for this :/

O my, this is... intense. Those bright yellow stripes across the screen are a bit too much. Might be a good idea to tone them down. Considerably.
I also quite like what qwerty25 did in the posted screenies.

besides that is lovable to my eyes ... i have a feeling that is faster too...:)

It looks like a Flintstones push-pop. Now I've licked the screen, look what you've done.

I'm agreeing with the general sentiment. Much too bright, just doesn't go easy on the eye which a website should do. I want to read the content, not be distracted by garish colours.

Still nothing beats the dark blue theme.

I played a bit around with Stylish and this is a bit better:
feel.jpg

I don't know but I think that the general layout of this forum board is something like Windows 95. Adding just colors is nothing that will make this look better. Maybe you have the chance to add some curves to the edges or something, just put it on the next step: Windows 98! This would be awesome!

The peach is way too bright. To better fit CiV VI, go with more brown colors, like the paper map. Estebanium suggestion is better even.

I think that it would be a bad idea to implement a static background image to the site. I mean how would you see it? There is only a few space that allows you to see an image. Furthermore it is a performance issue, what resolution will it have? 1080p is too small, 2k becomes common but it only 50% of my resolution. So it will look ugly on the one half of the visitors and will lag on the other half. Just have a look at those pictures below:

Picture 1
Picture 2

So the previous color scheme was, as some other posters have commented, somewhat corporate and antiseptic. Which fit with what Beyond Earth was trying to do.

This color scheme, however, started causing eyestrain the moment I loaded the site. I greatly preferred antiseptic. I think that there's a successful improvement to be had that fits with the new game's color scheme, but this isn't it. A darker background headed more towards the brown end of things would still be consistent with the new colors, but wouldn't result in users fumbling around in desk drawers in order to find eye drops.

Top Bottom