Leaders of never before seen Civs - Elimination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator Action: Please remember that this is a game thread, not a discussion thread. In general, you should not be posting in an elimination game thread unless you are voting or correcting a vote total. Thanks.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 20+1=21 - Both deserve top places, and I'd like them both, but I'd rather have Hongi Hika and Maori now.
Idia (Benin) - 23-3=20 - Definitely a great choice to lead Benin, and Benin is a great choice to represent West Africa, but I'd just like to see Maori more.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - (21-3)=18 An interesting Civ, but he's not the only choice for a Maori leader. I think his encouragement of White settlement in New Zealand/Aotearoa is a strike against him.
Idia (Benin) - (20+1)=21 I feel like the West African coastal states have been ignored in Civ. At least the Maori were represented by Polynesia in Civ5. I think I'll stick to Camp Idia till the end. Of course, she's not the only choice for a Beninese leader (there's Ewuare), but she would add more diversity due to being female.

@Vahnstad, there's Benin, Ashanti, Dahomey, Hausa, Mossi, Yoruba, and a couple of others. Mali/Songhai would only represent the interior Saharan Islamic part of West Africa. I think the Coastal non-Islamic part deserves at least one Civ. Firaxis has slowly acknowledged that region with the Ife City State in Civ5, and now the Kumasi City-State in Civ6.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - (18-3)=15 Polynesia/Maori has been in the game.
Idia (Benin) - (21+1)=22 Benin or her have never been in a game.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 15+1=16 - If I'm not mistaken, Kamehameha I was Hawaiian king. Polynesia is a blob, same like Celts. :p
Idia (Benin) - 22-3=19 - I just want Maori slightly more.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - (16-3)=13 He's not the only Maori leader.
Idia (Benin) - (19+1)=20 She's more interesting to me and the West African coast needs representation.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - (13-3)=10 Kamehameha did have Maori Warriors though.:D
Idia (Benin) - (21+1)=21 Giving Benin some love.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 10+1=11 - I'd just like to see Maori more than Benin now.
Idia (Benin) - 21-3=18 - I'll be as annoying as possible :p

Hongi Hika (Maori) - (11-3)=8 Hongi can get second place. :p
Idia (Benin) - (18+1)=19 The great Queen Mother will take first. :D

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 8 - 3 = 5 Personally, I don't really consider his encouragement of White settlement as a strike against him. In hindsight it may be an easy thing to criticize him for but when the choices are either to fight and lose a lot of men against a larger and better armed force or to find some benefits of peaceful coexistence like trade and cultural exchange then I don't think he can be blamed too harshly for trying the potentially less destructive route. He's a fun and interesting leader who is worthy of second place.
Idia (Benin) - 19 + 1 = 20 I find her to be just a tad more interesting. She must've been quite the leader if everyone thought she was magical!

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 5- 3 = 2 Somebody has to be second.
Idia (Benin) - 20+ 1 = 21 Magical Woman Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom