Leaders of never before seen Civs - Elimination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 30+1 = 31 We need a second South-American native civ (next to the also not included Inca's). Great, underestimated culture. It's time the world learn to know about the Muisca and Firaxis could help with that.
Idia (Benin) - 30 - 3 = 27 I don't know much about Western African empires, and they look extremely small, even smaller than European states. Rather have Mali, Ethiopia, Songhai, Zulu, Zimbabwe/Swahili, Morocco i think. It should be a city-state (but it isn't even a city-state in civ VI).

Tamar (Georgia) 20

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 30+1 = 31 We need a second South-American native civ (next to the also not included Inca's). Great, underestimated culture. It's time the world learn to know about the Muisca and Firaxis could help with that.
Idia (Benin) - 30 - 3 = 27 I don't know much about Western African empires, and they look extremely small, even smaller than European states. Rather have Mali, Ethiopia, Songhai, Zulu, Zimbabwe/Swahili, Morocco i think. It should be a city-state (but it isn't even a city-state in civ VI).

Tamar (Georgia) 20

Size shouldn't matter. It's probably bigger than the small European countries. The area of the Muisca is probably around the same size. The Western African coast has been unrepresented so far in Civ. Mali/Songhai are interior/Saharan/Muslim and shouldn't represent West Africa by themselves. That area of Africa has so much linguistic/cultural diversity, more so than the other parts of Africa. A large percentage of the African descended people in the Americas have ancestry from the West African coastal states. I think that area deserves at least one representative in the game. Ashanti, Benin, and Dahomey are good choices.

Also, Zimbabwe/Swahili are lacking in well attested leaders.

Last edited:
Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 31-3=28 - I'm just least enthusiastic about him and his Civ.
Idia (Benin) - 27
Tamar (Georgia) 20+1=21 - Caucassus was never represented by a Civ, and I think Tamar is an interesting leader.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 28
Idia (Benin) - (27+1)=28 She's a good choice to lead the Benin Empire, and the West African coastal states need representation in the game. Her nation was known for its Bronzes (displayed in European museums now), and earthworks (Iya).
Tamar (Georgia) (21-3)=18 I'm happy with Tamar getting fourth place, as the other three leaders are from areas of the world that need more representation (Polynesia, South America, West Africa). I know the Caucasus is not represented in Civ, but it's part of the Middle East.

Size shouldn't matter. It's probably bigger than the small European countries. The area of the Muisca is probably around the same size. The Western African coast has been unrepresented so far in Civ. Mali/Songhai are interior/Saharan/Muslim and shouldn't represent West Africa by themselves. That area of Africa has so much linguistic/cultural diversity, more so than the other parts of Africa. A large percentage of the African descended people in the Americas have ancestry from the West African coastal states. I think that area deserves at least one representative in the game. Ashanti, Benin, and Dahomey are good choices.

Also, Zimbabwe/Swahili are lacking in well attested leaders.

But why Benin and not Ashanti or Dahomey?

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 28-3=25 - I'm not as interested as in the rest.
Idia (Benin) - 28
Tamar (Georgia) 18+1=19 - There was never a Caucasian Civ in any Civ game. Georgia can easily fix that!

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - (25+1)=26 Probably the most notable out of the Amerindian peoples in present-day Colombia. They were the source of the El Dorado legend, because one of their leaders bathe in a lake covered with gold flakes. Bogota is a name of Muisca origin and their influence still exists in Colombia long after their language became extinct. Nemequene is a suitable choice to lead them. Incas can't be the only South Amerindian Civ.
Idia (Benin) - 28
Tamar (Georgia) (19-3)=16 Caucasus gets fourth place. They are the most European out of the four left. :p

The Czech finds a South American native people less interesting.....:p

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 26 + 1 = 27 We need more civs from Southern-America, and this civ should make it's debut.
Idia (Benin) - 28 - 3 = 25 Not so interested in
Tamar (Georgia) 16

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 27 - 3 = 24 (Don't see what his agenda would be--apparently he was a strict disciplinarian of his people and a conqueror. But how would that play out in gameplay terms, when we have so many warmongerers already? At least with Hongi Hika, Idia or Tamar an agenda is a bit easier to make out.)
Idia (Benin) - 25 + 1 = 26 (Should at least survive the next elimination. Absolutely iconic as a female leader, and by all accounts she was a capable political adviser and warrior, and had a fascinating history which included style, the Benin custom of typically killing the Oba's mother (problematic for Idia), and Idia's apparent magic powers.)
Tamar (Georgia) 16

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - (24+1)=25 I think there's more info on him in the Spanish wiki, probably enough to create an Agenda. I do desire to see the Muisca in the game, as Native South America always consist of only the Incas.
Idia (Benin) - 26
Tamar (Georgia) (16-3)=13 I'm just less excited to see Georgia in the game than the other three. I know an Agenda is easier to create for her than Nemequene, but I think Georgia wouldn't add as much diversity as the other three Civs.

Last edited:
Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 25-3=22 - I'm less interested in seeing him compared to the other three.
Idia (Benin) - 26
Tamar (Georgia) 13+1=14 - Unlike South American Natives, Polynesians or West Africa, Caucasus never had a Civ. I think it deserves one.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 22
Idia (Benin) - 26+1=27 After doing more research I think this civ would fit in well alongside Mali representing coastal West Africa with a warrior queen as leader.
Tamar (Georgia) 14-3 =11 If we had a civ from the Caucasus region I would prefer Armenia

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - (22+1)=23 He deserves to survive into the top 3. Incas can't be the only South Amerindian Civ.
Idia (Benin) - 27
Tamar (Georgia)- (11-3)=8 I'm less interested in Georgia getting a Civ (which would be likely religious in nature), than I am in the others. One can argue the Caucasus is part of the Middle East. I think it should wait before Polynesia, Native South America and West Africa get Civs.

I suspect Kimiimaro is less interested in Nemequene/the Muisca due to his lack of knowledge about them. :p

Last edited:
Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 23+1 = 24 I want this civ to be second.
Idia (Benin) - 27-3=24 Not so interested.
Tamar (Georgia)- 8

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 24 - 3 = 21 (Not a huge fan of the civ; I think other representatives of South America like Gran Colombia are actually more exciting. Though Nemequene's Code provides some basis for a leader ability, I still don't see what his agenda might be)
Idia (Benin) - 24 + 1 = 25 (Too iconic and important to exclude IMO. Female leaders are rare enough as is, and Idia is a well-known and oft-portrayed one. Benin was a fascinating culture with long-lasting influence, not just in art either.)
Tamar (Georgia) - 8

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - 21-3=18 - I want the others more.
Idia (Benin) - 25
Tamar (Georgia) - 8+1=9 - Caucasus finally needs a Civ.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) - (18+1)=19 So much disrespect towards the Muisca. They are definitely more interesting than Gran Colombia, a post-Colonial nation which didn't even lasted a century. An Agenda for Nemequene shouldn't be hard to come up with. It can be based on Muisca culture/history rather than on a specific deed of his. Here's a link to more info about them.
Idia (Benin) - 25
Tamar (Georgia) - (9-3)=6 While a great leader, I think Tamar should be fourth. The Caucasus is just an extension of the Middle East.

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) -19
Idia (Benin) - (25+1)=26 Giving Africa some more love.
Tamar (Georgia) - (6-3)=3 Already had a Georgian leader before (Stalin).;)

Hongi Hika (Maori) - 30
Nemequene (Muisca) -19
Idia (Benin) - 26 + 1 = 27 Mvemba needs a foil
Tamar (Georgia) - 3 - 3 = ELIMINATED Civ already had a Georgian leader (albeit one leading Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom