1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Xandinho, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Ashanti - 1
    Navajo - 15 (18-3) Top 3 is good enough.
    Tibet - 16 (15+1) Should be #1 IMHO.
    Vietnam 17

2. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Ashanti - 0 (1-3) ELIMINATED They certainly could make an interesting civ in a continent which needs more Civs. However for me Benin remain the better option.
    Navajo - 15
    Tibet - 17 (16+1) Its tough competition here, but for me they remain the best choice to finish first. They check several boxes including being historically a regional power, having a significant cultural/religious legacy, and being in an area of the world currently unrepresented in Civ.
    Vietnam 17

3. 679x

679x Chieftain

Ow, that's the second time in a row where I wasn't on the forum for a bit and promptly missed the start of the most hectic part of the voting on an elimination thread.

Navajo - 15
    Tibet - 14 (17-3) Indeed it is tough competition. This is the one I'm least interested in. That's really all I have to say - I wouldn't oppose its inclusion in Civ even though we all know it's probably not gonna happen due to politics. I also think it'd be kind of lame to have the winner of an elimination thread be a civ that won't ever be in the game, but that's not why I'm downvoting this one haha
    Vietnam 18 (17+1) I understand the whole SEA-doesn't-really-need-more-civs-right-now thing, especially as I've been using region-filling as an argument for my past votes on this thread, but Vietnam still just intrigues me. The devs want to include female leaders? Well, they can do TWO in one fell swoop, by adding the Trung Sisters! Then have water puppetry in some form, maybe some agriculture-related bonuses, and defensive capabilities, and they'd be set. A cultural civ that emphasizes tall, defensive play is always fun.

4. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

Navajo - 16 (15 + 1) Lets get some desert farms and hogans. Wow, that was a pretty short upvote from me!
    Tibet - 11 (14 - 3) Its just the one I find the least interesting among these 3. I could definitely change my mind if I hear some good gameplay designs from them.
    Vietnam 18 I'll just mention that even IF they don't go for 2 leaders in 1 with both Trung Sisters, Trac Trung would be the leader and Nhi Trung could be a unique governor a la Ibrahim of the Ottomans.

5. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Navajo - 13 (16 - 3) The least interesting
    Tibet - 12 (11 + 1) Again a long and fascinating history which has changed the political climate of the country greatly
    Vietnam 18

6. Pokarnor

Pokarnor Chieftain

Navajo - 13
    Tibet - 13 (12+1) Definitely my top pick of these 3.
    Vietnam - 15 (18-3) Evening out the score.

7. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Navajo - 10(13-3) least interesting from me out of three
    Tibet - 14(13+1) this mountainous civ will fill the massive gap between Delhi and Beijing.Indosphere requires more representation in the game,unfortunately whole Indosphere is viewed from very narrow mindset.
    Vietnam - 15

8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Navajo - 10+1=11 We need a U.S tribe. I'd prefer more if we had the room.
    Tibet - 14-3=11 I just want the others more and also I don't feel like it would be included for political reasons..
    Vietnam - 15

9. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

Navajo - 12 = 11+1 Agreed that NA representation is really poor. Would be god to fix that.
    Tibet - 11 These are never going to appear but even though culturally they are very different, I expect Firaxis could swap their game mechanics for another himalayan civ like Nepal or Bhutan so I'm kind of interpreting them in that light.
    Vietnam - 12 (15-3) Riae and Fall would have been the place for them. There are enough 'valiant resistance' civs in the game already

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  10. BuchiTaton

BuchiTaton Chieftain

Navajo - 9 (12-3) After invade Pueblo land, Navajo turned slowly on a defensive civ.
    Tibet - 11 If Tibet is a political problem, I hope they chose Bhutan over Nepal because Bhutan is culturally closer to Tibet.
    Vietnam - 13 (12+1) Vietnam is not only defensive, if not ask Champa or Cambodia.

I found funny that this 3 civs share some characteristics, like start offensive and end defensive, or how Navajo are "Pueblo plan B" and Tibet would probably need a "Bhutan plan B".

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  11. Itsjustanick

Itsjustanick Chieftain

Navajo - 9
    Tibet - 8 (11-3) Buthan and Nepal would also be a bit controversial and we are talking only about Tibet here. We all would love to see tem, but we all also know that we won't.
    Vietnam - 14 (13+1) Not that I don't want Navajo, but Vietnam seems way... more interesting.

12. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Navajo - 9 +1=10. My top choice of those remaining.
    Tibet - 8 -3=5. Not a great fan of religious civs in Civ VI.
    Vietnam - 14

13. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Navajo - 10
    Tibet - 2 (5-3) China is a huge market for games and everyone wants in there. How do we think the Chinese government will react to Tibet becoming a playable Civ that can defeat a Chinese leader in-game? Never mind that historically Tibet was a powerhouse in the medieval age; we have to be realistic here.
    Vietnam - 15 (14+1) A region deserving to be known for more than the famous war the US engaged in there, and doesn’t quite carry the controversy Tibet definitely would.

14. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Navajo - 7 (10-3) I'm not as interested in this as Vietnam and Tibet.
    Tibet - 2
    Vietnam - 16 (15+1) This may have an interesting and unique mechanics.

15. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Chieftain

Navajo - 8 (7+1) The most interesting and fills in a large gap in the map, I've already stated my reasons why I want this civ.
    Tibet - 2
    Vietnam - 13 (16-3) Not the most interesting civ IMO, and personally i feel like there are better and possibly more unique defensive civs compared to Vietnam.

16. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Navajo - 8
    Tibet - 3 (2+1) Looks like they are next to be eliminated, but they are still my favorites, to hell with politics!
    Vietnam - 10 (13-3) They are good, but in my opinion, Civ 6 needs the other 2 civs more.

17. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Navajo - 5 (8-3) Among the last 3 my least favored
    Tibet - 4 (3+1) Among the last 3 my most favored
    Vietnam - 10

18. Amrunril

Amrunril Warlord

But we really don't need to be realistic. This thread is purely about what we'd like to see.

Navajo - 6 (5 + 1) Brings far more cultural variety to the roster than any other remaining option.
    Tibet - 4
    Vietnam - 7 (10 - 3) Definitely a strong option, but not above Navajo or Tibet.

19. Doclea

Doclea Chieftain

Navajo - 3 (6-3) Navaho code would be great for some espionage theme, hogans could be cool ancient burst to whatever devs would want this civ to revolve around but still in this competition i think they should go down next.
    Tibet - 5 (4+1) China wouldnt like this is the lamest of excuses, this is about this civ, and it would be superfun, having some sort of elite warrior monk UU, maybe it could be the only civ to settle on mountains(roof of the world theme) while others could only pass through them(with losses like in the Civ V with Carthage) and try to be quick with taking Tibet cities. Last time i voted for Vietnam but i wanted to give this great civilization a burst.
    Vietnam - 7

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  20. Pokarnor

Pokarnor Chieftain

Navajo - 0 (3-3) ELIMINATED I don't find them as compelling as the other two options.
    Tibet - 6 (5+1) My favorite out of what remains, and the whims of a tyrannical state won't discourage me from saying so.
    Vietnam - 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.