1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Xandinho, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

Man, the field has really changed now. I'm definitely a bit sad that the Tlingit didn't make it farther but I am glad that more people know about them. I'll definitely keep hoping for them in the future.

ff7 tlingit with me.jpg
    the Tlingit icon is by @clapyourhands

@EdmundIronside Thanks dude, its definitely appreciated. Glad I could tell you a bit about them!

@Itsjustanick I'd definitely recommend looking at my upvotes on the previous pages if you'd like to find out why the Tlingit are very interesting and unique. There's far more to them than 'they encountered the Russians.' A brief summary is that they they had visibly and characteristically unique leaders, wooden armored warriors armed with short swords, large ocean-traveling canoes, raids or trades along most of the west coast of NA, and the most distinctive native architecture and art style north of Mesoamerica. If you just don't like them or prefer other civs more that's fine but I definitely wouldn't call the Tlingit boring.

I'd also like to mention that its a bit of a shame to see Burma and Madagascar are out. Burma could be a powerhouse centered around conquering civs that follow the same religion as them and, while they didn't interact much with outsiders, its something that Madagascar was fairly good at. You could make an interesting design of them being isolationists that can refuse or stop foreign trade routes. Anyway, lets see where this game goes.

Ashanti - 14 (17 - 3) I definitely don't dislike this civ at all and I'd actually be really happy if they appeared. All of these choices are interesting and I personally find their close neighbors Benin and Dahomey to be a bit more interesting (not that I'd want that to stop all 3 from appearing). Perhaps I'll change my mind and starting upvoting them if I hear some more pluses about them or how the others are less exciting.
    Navajo - 24 (23 + 1) I would unsurprisingly prefer the Tlingit over them since I find the Tlingit to be more advanced, unique, and interesting. However, the Navajo are still 1 of my top 3 native NA civs (my top 3 are the Iroquois, Tlingit, and Navajo unless we find out if the Hopi or Acoma approve of appearing) with plenty of potential as a fun civ. They can be powerful raiders with a focus on being able to build farms in deserts, natural wonders, etc! Narbona and Manuelito would be cool leaders and their hogans and capital would be neat to see.
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

EdmundIronside likes this.
  2. Itsjustanick

Itsjustanick Chieftain

Ashanti - 11 (14-3) Well, I am not expert in african history, but they don't seem special in my opinion. Nothing against them, althrough they empire's size seems a bit small in comparision to they power.
    Navajo - 24
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 21 (20+1) It may sound insane, but I would prefer Vietnam to Siam or even ndonesia. And- protective, naval powerhouse (with some comercial or maybe better- agricultural elements) is something which civ 6 definitly lacks in.

3. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Ashanti - 8 (11 - 3) Not all that interesting better candidates exist like Oyo or Sokoto
    Navajo - 24
    Tibet - 26 = (25+1) Again a very fascinating history
    Vietnam - 20

4. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

@fredrikslicer, you can only vote once every 24 hours. Also, Itsjustanick's vote in Vietnam was skipped. Correcting the score and giving my votes.

Ashanti - 12 (11+1) Probably the next to fall, but I can not back down in supporting more African representation in the game.

Navajo - 21 (24-3) It would be interesting, andi it is probably my favorite for the next North American native alongside Iroquois. But it is not in my Top 3 of civilizations never before seen. It is a hard choice.
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 21

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. Amrunril

Amrunril Warlord

I wonder if it would be possible to do these threads in such a way that upvotes and downvotes were of equal value, but scores automatically ticked down over time. If calibrated right, such a system could be equally capable of forcing eliminations as the thread progresses without being weighted so heavily against options that attract strong feelings in both directions

Ashanti - 13 (12 + 1) I'm not as familiar with African options as American ones, but I know its a region with massive and underappreciated cultural diversity that could support many more civs.
    Navajo - 21
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 18 (21 - 3) No bad options at this point, but I don't think Southeast Asia needs more civs as strongly as the Americas or Africa do, and I can envision a clearer mechanical focus for Tibet.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  6. Terminacarnival

Terminacarnival Chieftain

Ashanti - 14 (13 + 1) While it was my least favorite of the African picks, I do feel they would still add to a criminally neglected continent.
    Navajo - 21
    Tibet - 22 (25 - 3) I have no qualms with them, but I honestly think all 4 left are rich enough to deserve more equal footing. I personally am not the biggest fan of religion focused civs, so they also are a weaker link for my shallow preferences.
    Vietnam - 18

EdmundIronside and TahamiTsunami like this.
  7. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Perhaps all civs could lose 1 point every 24 hours?

Ashanti - 11 (14-3) I agree that they are in an area of the world underrepresented in Civilization. However I personally would favor the kingdom of Benin over the Ashanti kingdom. It was much longer lasting and had more interesting art (and realistically its unlikely we would get both).
    Navajo - 21
    Tibet - 22
    Vietnam - 19 (18+1) I think the Trung sisters could make a very unique and interesting leader for Vietnam.

8. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Ashanti - 8 = (11-3) Dont find them the most intreresting
    Navajo - 21
    Tibet - 23 = (22+1) Out of all these I like these ones the best
    Vietnam - 19

9. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Ashanti - 9 (8+1) for me it should be in top3
    Navajo - 18 (21-3) 4th position is good for them,may be I am biased towards old world
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 19

10. Doclea

Doclea Chieftain

Ashanti - 6 (9-3) Others are now much more interesting, 4th place is enough for them
    Navajo - 18
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 20(19+1) I would like to see Vietnam and the Trung sisters sitting on elephants when you aproach them, also maybe even a late game biased civ with Ho Chi Min as a leader could be nice.

11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Wow surprised the Ashanti went down this fast especially since many want more African civs, though maybe not this one in particular.

Ashanti - 6
    Navajo - 18+1=19. Native North America is lacking. We only have one tribe and they are from present-day Canada. We need one from the U.S.
    Tibet - 23-3=20 I just don't find them as interesting as the others on this list.
    Vietnam - 20

12. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

Ashanti - 7 (6+1) They probably won't be in the list much longer, but they are pretty interesting and have fun mechanical space. Plus we could for sure more representation from Africa in the game so let's try and keep them going a bit longer.
    Navajo - 19
    Tibet - 20
    Vietnam - 17 (20-3) In contrast south east asia doesn't feel too badly represented at the moment IMO.

13. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Ashanti - 4 (7-3) There are better candidates
    Navajo - 19
    Tibet - 20 +1 (21) I reitterate that they have quite the history
    Vietnam - 17

14. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Ashanti - 4 . The game could really do with more African civs but the Ashanti don't excite me enough to vote for them.
    Navajo - 19+1=20. My clear favourite from those left. They have the history and they fill in an empty part of the map.
    Tibet - 21-3=18. Another defensive, religious civ? No thanks.

Vietnam - 17

15. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

@fredrikslicer, you can only vote once every 24 hours, your last vote was only 12 hours ago. Correcting the score.

Ashanti - 7
    Navajo - 20
    Tibet - 17
    Vietnam - 17

16. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

Ashanti - 4 (7 - 3) - Again, no interest. Morocco, Ethiopia, Swahili/Oman are all far stronger concepts within VI's design.
    Navajo - 20
    Tibet - 18 (17 + 1) - Idunno, I don't hate Vietnam, but I also think its fans tend to focus on pretty superficial or irrelevant things. Like the fact that it resisted Chinese invasion doesn't actually improve its chances since the "stubbornly independent civs" expack was R&F. That ship has sailed as far as VI is concerned, and even then all of the R&F civs had a pseudo-expansionist/imperialist bent that Vietnam never really had, which to me suggests city-state. I'm not saying it can't join the party, but it needs a lot more work put into framing it that many just aren't bothering to do (which, granted, is true for quite a lot of highly requested civs).
    Vietnam - 17

17. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Ashanti - 4
    Navajo - 20
    Tibet - 15 (18-3) From Asia I want Vietnam..
    Vietnam - 18 (17+1) Good female leader choice. Also room for civ from asia getting smaller...maybe only one civ can get in from this region..

18. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Chieftain

Ashanti - 4
    Navajo - 21 (20 +1) I've already stated my reasons why I've wanted this civ (historical legacy, fill gaps in the map, modern success). Barboncito could be a great religious and diplomatic leader, a combination unknown to the game as of late.
    Tibet - 15
    Vietnam - 15 (18-3) Not that I hate Vietnam (even though I would have preferred Burma over them...), but its just that the remaining civs all have the ability fill out clear gaps in the map that Vietnam clearly lacks.

19. Itsjustanick

Itsjustanick Chieftain

Ashanti - 1 (4-3) I don't get why people want them that much. I don't find them that intersting.
    Navajo - 21
    Tibet - 15
    Vietnam - 16 (15+1) Civ 6 lacks in defensive civs and we need one additional naval power from Asia wouldn't hurt.

20. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Ashanti - 1
    Navajo - 18 (21-3) It would be an interesting inclusion, but I think this shouldn't be in the lead.
    Tibet - 15
    Vietnam - 17 (16+1) I can't save Ashanti, so I go on this. Vietnam is my favorite among the top3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.