League of Legends

Very much depends on what style you like playing in. Good, cheap, easy to play champs that I've found are Annie and Master Yi, Nunu is good too but is just a smidge more advanced than those two. Once you get beyond the cheapest tier of champs your options open up so much that's it's just impossible to say, try free champs until you find some that you like :).

Ok thought that might be the case. The other question I have is when should I start buying runes? I'm assuming it makes sense to wait until level 20.

Ok thought that might be the case. The other question I have is when should I start buying runes? I'm assuming it makes sense to wait until level 20.

Don't bother with runes till 20. And when you get there, buy armor pen or magic pen reds, mana regen yellows and magic resist blues. Those tend to be the most used. For quints, get armor pen if you play a lot of AD, or just flat health can be very useful.

As for champions, Annie is nice and cheap. Garen is super easy and now only 1350. Ashe is a great AD carry, for only 450. Alistar is my favourite champion, he's only 1350. Oh and if you like League of Legends on facebook, you can unlock tristana for free. :)

Cool will wait then before buying runes.

Sorry what does AD mean? Don't think I've come across the abbreviation before. Also is the variation in price of champions simply a reflection of rariety or are the more expensive ones meant to be slightly better?

AD = attack damage

Attack damage means how much damage your champion will deal with a normal attack.

Cool will wait then before buying runes.

Sorry what does AD mean? Don't think I've come across the abbreviation before. Also is the variation in price of champions simply a reflection of rariety or are the more expensive ones meant to be slightly better?

There are a few different categories of champions, for example: tank, support, jungler, AD ranged, AD melee, Assassin, Off tank, AP mage. Some (most) champions fall into multiple categories. AD is attack damage, ie champions that do the a lot of damage from auto attacks, or primarily physical damage abilities - Champions like Caitlyn, Tristana, Tryndamere, Yi etc. AP is Ability power, champions that do a lot of damage through magic damage - Such as Annie, Brand, Anivia, Veigar etc. AP champs tend to do a lot of burst damage, whereas AD champs do sustained damage through the fight.

Champion price doesn't correlate with power. Annie is 450 I think, and one of the most powerful champs in the game. Twitch on the other hand is 6300 and absolute garbage.

Thanks for the info its a bit odd then that there is such a variation between the cheapest and most expensive champions.

Latest question is how is IP calculated after each match? I just had a game where I couldn't connect for the first half (not sure why) but the others were good so we ended up winning. I did get a kill and an assist late on with no deaths and got over 200 IP which is better than quite a lot of my other recent wins where I've been around all the time.

IP gain is only influenced by type of game (5v5, 3v3, custom game, bot game) and game length as far as I can tell, with 5v5 normal and ranked games giving the most IP. Longer games obviously give you more more IP, though there is small bonus for "winning fast". Personal performance doesn't factor into it.
Also, you get an extra 150 IP for your first win each day.

I actually bought most of the 450 champions when I could get afford them, since it made it easier to grap one that was needed on our team, and I had some more to get familiar with. The rotating championsystem is a great way to introduce a lot of new champs to new players. But it also makes it a bit difficult to learn how they work properly. Especially if you have to compete with others about the one or two you got a hang of.

Anyone play Petroglyph's Rise of Immortals game?

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/

I got invited to the alpha/beta, but killing Soviet tanks>>>killing orcs.

A slight bump but I'm curious what people do when trying out new characters? Do you have a separate logon for trying out new characters or just go straight in to playing public games? I've found that people are far less forgiving when trying out new characters as my level increases.

I try them out in a custom game all by myself first, to get an idea of what the champ can/can't do. Then I jump into a normal game, sometimes I look for a guide first. If someone whines at me for trying out a champ in a normal game, I ignore them.

I usually play a Coop vs AI game first, then normals. It's OK to except people to play their best champions in Ranked, but in normal games this attitude is just silly.

NO WAY, LOL IS SRS BSNS!!!

Seriously, like someone said, if anyone gives you grief just ignore them. Just don't do this in ranked matches, always always bring your A game to those.

Just played in the dominion beta. It's great, so action packed. It's not very balanced, but that's not unexpected.

Dominion beta today was super fun. I played maybe 5 matches, and it was just soooo action packed, not a dull moment.

Will play it next time its available.

Btw have any of you spent money to get characters etc or do you just wait until you accumulate enough points?

Will play it next time its available.

Btw have any of you spent money to get characters etc or do you just wait until you accumulate enough points?

Yeah I got bored of waiting for all the characters, so I spent about £40 at a time when I had a lot of money spare on a whole bunch of them.

I have bought some skins with RP, but no champions. By the time i've mastered one, i have enough IP for the next.

Top Bottom