Leugi's Israel for VP

Hello,

So finally I wasn't able to find a save before the first Theocratic Rule event that worked anyway but I managed to reload before the second one.
So as you could expect, Temples are ignored BUT the bonus on the Grand Ossuary is working WHILE the 3rd event is fine
Spoiler :
the Free policy

I then stopped there, the party being of no interest.

So yeah that's annoying especially if you go wide, but still it's a niche problem, especially since it doesn't suit David's civ so well in most circumstances, and should only have a genuine impact on higher difficulty levels in my opinion.

Cheers! :queen:

I'm not getting faith for clearing barb camps in the latest version. I'm also not getting the bonus from Milhemet Mitzvah.

I retried with a minimum number of mods enabled (VP, 4UC and Isreal basically) and the problem is still occuring.

I'm using the 4UC version.

Sounds to me like your lua is just straight up not working at all. The only other lua functions in the game are if you park a shofet next to a city and if you lose your capital.

Can't reproduce on my end; it's all working just fine over here in Western Canada :D.

VP(5-19-2) + Really Advanced Setup (v 15) + (VP) Leugi's Israel Civilization (v 12) only
01.png

When I select Israel in RAS(v15) I can't select any other civ below (whatever the civ selected, "RandomCiv" is forced) :
02.png

All is fine with other civs (like JFD's The Papal States (Pius IX) for Vox Populi (v 5))

Attachments

• Logs_israel_190521.7z
    16.5 KB · Views: 157
Lol, so you have to make Israel the last player slot? That is so weird.
Didn't try
Dropped because "That is so weird"

Edit : Sukritact's Khmer Civilization for VP (v3) instead
Edit2 : It doesn't happen if I don't load RAS(v15) :dubious:
Edit3 : All is fine with Sukritact's Khmer Civilization for VP (v3)

Last edited:
I think something similar is happening to me. Adding Israel removes other mod civ's 3&4th uniques.

Which is a pretty strong ability.

Haha. Leugi's code has some interesting things in it that could be causing some problems. First off, there's a CityBummerManager that is specifically there for E&D compatibility which can be deactivated until E&D compatibility for VP gets working. You could also try deactivating all the sql/xml/lua for E&D if you aren't using it. That will all have to be rewritten for VP E&D when it's ready, but since I don't play with modpacks, multiplayer, or E&D, I've never seen a reason to deactivate it. There's also the 3D leader screen, which is a very large and complex. None of the other custom civs have something like that, so reverting to the 2D leader screen seems like a place to start, maybe?

Just a few places to trim the fat off that mod and see if you can't get it working.

It's a slow process, need to restart the game every time.

I'll just build up a mod list without Israel for the time being.

I think something similar is happening to me. Adding Israel removes other mod civ's 3&4th uniques.

Which is a pretty strong ability.
The only civ this happens to for me is JFD's Japan with Meiji, and it's continuing to happen with Israel disabled. Not convinced the Israel mod is the problem.

4UC update is live
The recent agribusiness yields argument has made me reassess what an industrial UI should have for yields. It’s the latest UI by 2 full eras, so it has to pack a whallop.
Old Base stats: 5:c5food:3:c5science:3:c5culture:1:c5production:
New base stats: 7:c5food:3:c5science:3:c5culture:3:c5production:
reduced the number of tech yield changes to just ballistics and mobile tactics, but increased each to 1:c5culture::c5science::c5production:

contemplating removing the milhemet shofar bonus. It’s just a bit too lolrandom. The new judge of Israel and shofar promotions are potent enough on their own and more consistent. Maybe milhemet mitzvah has its defenders tho?

also contemplating reducing shofar’s damage to 20, but doubling its effect vs blockaded cities.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of randomized bonuses anyway, so I think the mitzvah bonus can go, or as an alternate, give a much smaller amount of GP points to all GPs.

Shofar is excellent--useful, flavorful, evocative. Mitzvah just feels random and not terribly useful as a result. It's not bad, really, and it does feed into the UA, but "random GP points" just feels like a shrug. I have not yet gotten far enough to evaluate kibbutz yet, but I'm chopping down every forest I can for farms and GPI in anticipation.

I like this civ a lot. It plays nicely with my preferred style:

Even more updates:

Text:
Solomon's Temple renamed to Beit HaMikdash
City list overhauled
- Expunged all cities from the Philistine Pentapolis
- Increased the total number of cities to 31
- Reworked city order​
Added Israel Civilopedia entry - That hadn't existed before. Wow!

Shofet:
Removed Milhemet Mitzvah - random promotion that was both unreliable, computationally intense, and not all that fun/interesting. It also didn't have much to do with Shofets.
Shofar promotion changed to 20 damage to cities, but increased to 40 damage if city is blockaded

I finally was able to get to the kibbutz after restarting a couple times for updates to Israel and VP, and w o w. Wowie wow wow. What a great UI! It's own yields are out of this world, and it isn't to hard to get it surrounded by GPIs when playing as Tradition, for a nice hit of bonus production. The model looks great too.

Just FYI: the text that shows up when hoving over the kibbutz icon in the tech tree has a typo, it says "provices" instead of "provides"

‘Circumcised’ is also spelt wrong in the macabee’s civilopedia text. I’ll push an update that rectified these egregious errors soon!

Having performed hundreds of them in my career, you'd think I'd have picked up on that, but lol nope.

Trying to load this in the 12/1 patch, I'm seeing two Shofets and no Temple.

This is with no other mods loaded except the VP core files and 4UC:

The latest MUCfVP integrated Israel's 4UC there. Try this:

Attachments

• (7c) Leugi's Israel for VP.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 282
Top Bottom