LK160, CCM, AW, Turkey

After Atomic Theory I think we need :spear: (unless there is a wonder not build in one of the other techs).
I would like to take a chunk out of Russia and the Aztecs.

:trouble: I got it.

Look at the map. Sipahi took at a small chunk of Atzec / Russia already on my set. :)

When we learned Atomic Theory we got a Great Scientific Leader which means we can rush Great Wonders.
Instead of rushing Theory of Relativity (extra research in city that builds it) I am going to save the Leader until we learn Mass Production in 8 turns and rush Ford's Factory for assembly lines in every city on the continent.

I am part way through my first turn and it just occurred to me that as long as I have a Great Leader (of any kind) I will not generate any Military Great Leaders. Given that Lee was rushing Telegraph Stations I do not see not getting Leaders (for 8 turns) as a disadvantage to having a very good chance to get Ford's Factory. Russian could currently be studying Mass Production so the rush might be necessary to beat them to Ford's Factory. This Wonder cannot be prebuilt since it requires the building city to have an Assembly Line (need to know Mass Production to build).

Anyone have any comments on my plan?

100% agree Theory of Relativity is useless. Maybe on the smallest size map going for a space win...

Painful to slow down the Poland rush, but I agree. We need to be ready for the more expensive units. Free assembly lines should hopefully keep us at 1 turn military in cities.
Sounds like the time to many hit with vets to build up elites for when military leaders are back.

If you are only on turn 1, then I hit you at a bad turnover point. I figured you'd be further along. I've had the same issue with bad turn over points. Right before a weekend with no time free...

Yes, some time I would devote to the game did go to socializing. :beer:
Plus, it always takes me longer to play the first turn . Also, I spent time dot mapping locations for settlers and changing some cities to build settlers, and it took me some time to figure out the order in which to attack the 8 cities I captured. One good thing about the AI sending SOD's verse us. They do not have many troops left to defend their cities :lol:

In addition to some new elites, I did get some regulars promoted to veteran while killing the Indian SOD. .

Well if you continued North versus the Dutch they were already spent.

With 8 cities taken, I suspect some of the Indian SoD still alive...

The remnants of the Indian invasion forces are retreating towards India through Russian territory. Which I am going to start conquering since Russia is the only foe I can reach without ships.

The Monguls survive because of the House Boat Bug.

1846 AD (9) The AI gets silly. Spain declares war on the Aztecs. Israel declares war on Spain. Britain declares war on Spain.
I was worried that the game was going to crash. It was a LONG in-between turn. My guess some AI cities swapped owners. I didn't see a war notice, but all of a sudden India and Aztecs are killing each other. Most of the Aztec adventurers are gone.
We lost our spy in Moscow.
The remnants of the Indian invasion forces are retreating towards India through Russian territory.

Sounds like that piece of news from the end of my turn really opened things wide up. Indian stack retreating takes a lot of pressure off of the troops. India was bottleneck during my turns.

I´m reflecting about adding the cultural victory to CCM2, as the Quintillus editor opens the possibility to set higher score values for the single-city and the complete-civ cultural victory than the 50000 culture points that are the maximum with the normal editor for the single city victory and which can be accessed much to quickly in CCM2, considering the 1,000 points given by a single great artist.

At present I cannot open the save files of your current succession game and my old test-save-files, as I have only the files of the next version of CCM2 on my pc to avoid a mix-up between the different versions of CCM2. So can you please give me the current cultural values of the best cities of your empire in your game?

BtW.: The next version of CCM2 also allows the diplomatic victory, but as the cultural victory, can be switched off manually in each started game.

In our Empire, The capital (Istanbul) has the highest Culture 4745. The next 4 cities in our empire: 4182, 3849, 3822, 3143.
The highest ranked city was an enemy's, Moscow. Moscow had culture of 17004.

We currently have 10 Great Artists and during my turn sets I used at least 10 Great Artists, plus the other team members have used Great Artists. Therefore, if we made a concerted effort to get culture into Istanbul, its culture range could easily be 35000-50000 right now. If the buildings that double the effect of Great Artists really work, we could currently probably have Istanbul in the 75000-100000 range.

Jersey Joe, thank you very much for this report. :) As the buildings, that double the effect of Great Artists, are 'working', I think I must set the limit for the single-city-cultural victory at least at 150.000. :think:

The service I use to host screenshots lost a server and my previous screenshots for LK160 are not available at this time (I do not know if they will get them back).

Mid turnset report:

Ending 1847 AD:
per “F8” Victory Screen: we control: 34% of world area and 40% of world population.

Change Osaka so it will build the Theory of Relativity 4 turns after we learn Atomic Theory.

Only because I try to avoid inefficiency. Some of our cities (e.g. Tokyo) have forested plains. I am going to chop the forests and mine those tiles for the extra shields.

Between Turns (1847-1848):
The Persians want to talk to us. I refuse and will be refusing all future requests to talk to us. Therefore, I will not post again about any of the sniveling dogs that come begging for peace. If they could totally surrender and give us the remainder of their territory I would talk with them.
We learn Atomic Theory and get a Great Scientific Leader. :dance: Osaka is going to build Atomic Theory. I am saving the Leader to (hopefully) build Ford’s Factory 8 turns from now when we learn Mass Production.

Indian Musketeer kills Aztec Adventurer :lol:
The Russians have Armored Cars.

1848 AD:
Cruiser sinks Southern African Drow (1, 0). Iron clad sinks British Corvette (2, 0).
Sipahi kills Dutch Cannon, that landed by Vienna, (3, 0).

Lawyers kill a Russian Armored car and sign an Armored Car to a comedy contract (5, 0).

We lose 1 Sipahi killing 2 Mongol Firelancers and a Musketeer (8, 1) and capture Brussels.
Build railroad to Brussels and the newly sign comedian starts preforming there.

Sipahi kill 2 Dutch Ballistae (9, 1).

We send a force to repeal a Russian invasion near Wroclaw. We lose a Sipahi and kill 4 Russian Infantry, an Adventurer, and a Late Pike (15, 2).

We send a Lawyer to evict the Dutch Military from Arnhem. He signs a Pikeman to a clog dancing contract (16, 3) and Arnhem joins our hegemony.

Sipahi killed by Greek Late Pike (16, 4); Sipahi kills Late Pike (17, 4); Lawyer kills Late Pike with wrongful death suits (18, 4). Halicarnassus joins our hegemony.

We lose a Sipahi killing 1 Mongol Musketeer (19, 5). Dalanzadgad is added to our hegemony. The city gets a Great Artist to preform there. Lawyer kills Mongol Musketeer (20, 5). Mullah kills Indian Line Infantry (21, 5).

Infantry kills 3 Indian Musketeers (24, 5) that were next to Bruges,

Our combined arms assault force suffers minimal losses (1 Sipahi and 3 Infantry) destroying an Indian SOD (5 Musketeers, 12 Crossbowmen, 6 Spearmen, 5 Pikemen, 3 Grenadiers, 4 Arquebusiers, 4 Medieval Infantry, 1 Tulwer Warrior, 1 Musket Infantry, 1 Siege Crossbow, 1 Catapult, 1 Cannon, and 4 Archers) near Ghent (72, 8).

Sipahi attack the Mongol city of Tabriz killing 2 Musketeers and a Musket Infantry (75, 8). Tabriz joins our hegemony.

We lose 1 Sipahi attacking the Mongol city of Almalik. Sipahi kill 3 Musketeers (78, 9). Almalik is added to our hegemony.

The Mongol city of Daidu is added to our hegemony when Sipahi kill a Musketeer and a Musket Infantry (80, 9).

Sipahi kill a Swiss Mercenary and a Dutch Spearman (82, 9). The Dutch city of Groningen is now part of our hegemony.

Between Turns:
Infantry defends Zonguldak against amphibious attack by Egyptian Infantry (83, 9).

Infantry kills Mongol Cavalry (84, 9); Infantry killed by Mongol Cavalry (84, 10).

1849 AD:
Horse Artillery kills Russian Horse Artillery (85, 10).

Sipahi kill 2 Mongolian Cavalry (87, 10).
Sipahi liberate Ulaanbaatar from the Mongols by killing a Musketeer (88, 10).

Partisan kills Russian Armored Car (89, 10).

Sipahi kill 2 Mongol Firelancers (91, 10); Sipahi kills Musketeer (92, 10). Kazan is added to our hegemony.

Lawyer kills Russian Armored Car (93, 10).
Lawyer kills Indian Musketeer (94, 10).

Sipahi kill 4 Mongol Musket Infantry (94, 10). We add Karakorum to our Hegemony. Karakorum has the Wonder “Worldreligion Buddhism” which adds a Buddist Community to our cities.

We need Combat Settlers. City founding plans for the homeland are postponed.

Heavy Artillery kills Mongol Musket Infantry (95, 10). Sipahi kill 2 Musket Infantry (97. 10).

Once again our combined arms assault force suffers minimal losses (2 Sipahi) destroying an Indian SOD (5 Crossbowmen, a Spearman, a Swordman, 3 Pikemen, 12 Arquebusiers, 6 Medieval Infantry, 1 Tulwer Warrior, 2 Longbows and a Settler). Also, we got 2 Great Artists. (128, 12).

Between Turns:
Spanish Infantry lands next to Vienna.
Egpytian Cavalry lands next to Zonguldak.
2 Magherb Crossbowmen and a Musketman land next to Marseilles.

The Indians withdraw their troops from our territory.

1850 AD:
The towns of Sugar Shack, San-Ho Zay, and It’s a Loney Town are founded on our Island. Also, on the Mainland Wolverton Mountain, Nome, and Anchorage are founded.

Infantry kills the invader at Vienna (129, 12).
Infantry kills the 3 invaders at Marseilles (132, 12).
Sipahi kills invader at Zonguldak (133, 12)

We lose a Sipahi and kill a Mongolian Line Infantry (134, 13). Darkhan is added to our hegemony.
Infantry killed by Mongolian Firelancer (134, 14); Sipahi kill the Firelancer and a Musketeer (136, 14). Hovd is now part of our hegemony.

Sipahi kill Mongolian Musketeer (137, 14) at Mandalogov. However, the attack is called off.

We cannot fully assimilate the Mongolian empire owing to the House Boat Bug. :cry:

In an Amphibious assault, we lose 1 Infantry and kill 2 Persian Late Pike (139, 15). Bactra is captured and our task force sails on towards Tyre.

Improved Armored Cruiser sinks Indian Medieval Naval Explorer (140, 15).

At Yakutsk, Heavy Artillery kills Russian Infantry (141, 15); Horse Artillery kill 2 Infantry (143, 15); 1 Sipahi is killed and Sipahi 2 Infantry (145, 16); Infantry killed by Armored Car (145, 17); Sipahi kills Armored Car (146, 17). We liberate 1529 Gold and raze Yakutsk.
Smokey Joe’s Cafe is built on the ruins.

Infantry kills Indian Arquebusier (147, 17); Lawyer signs Indian Medieval Infantry to performance contract (148, 17).

A Sipahi dies in the assault on Tver` and 2 Russian Infanty are killed (150, 18). Tver` is captured.
Sipahi kills Armored Car (151, 18); Sipahi kills Musket Infantry (152, 18).

Lawyer kills Spanish Late Pike (153, 18).

Gatling Gun kills Indian Arquebusier (154, 18); Infantry kills Indian Arquebusier (155, 18); Sipahi kills Medieval Infantry (156, 18); Mullah converts a Crossbow (157, 18); Infantry kills Crossbow (158, 18); Lawyer signs Bombard to play 1812 Overture (159, 18).

Sipahi kill a Russian Infantry and an Armored Car (161, 18); Infantry kills Rifleman (162, 18).

Between Turns:
Steamer sinks Pirate Ship (163, 18).
Infantry killed by Russian Armored Car (163, 19).
Dutch land a Ballista by Warclaw.
Russian Spy caught trying to sabotage Theory of Relativity production in Osaka.

1851 AD:
The cities Hot Rod Lincoln, Peppermint Twist, Slippin’ and Slidin’, The Flying Saucer, and Blue Monday are founded.

Sipahi kills Russian Armored Car (164, 19).

At Orenburg, Sipahi kills Russian Line Infantry (165, 19); Infantry kills Rifleman (166, 19). Orenburg provides us with 2 Zeppelins ;) (which are used to bomb St. Petersburg) and becomes a member of our hegemony.

In an Amphibious assault, we lose 2 Infantry while killing 2 Persian Late Pike and a Medieval Infantry (169, 21).

Predreadnought sinks a British Brimingham Class ship that was bombarding Bactra (170, 21).

Lawyer signs Russian Armored Car to appear on FantomWorks (171, 21).

We lose 1 Sipahi in a Combined Arms assault on the Russian city St. Petersburg, that kills 4 Infantry and an Armored Car (176, 22). We liberate 879 Gold and raze St. Petersburg gaining 15 slave workers. Hernando’s Hideaway is built on the ruins and FantomWorks begins filming there.

Partisans loss a member killing a Russian Infantry and a Rifleman (178, 23). Vladivostok is liberated along with 879 Gold.

Watch Dog is built next to Moscow (so troops can easily retake Moscow if it flips).

In a bloody battle in which we lose 3 Sipahi, a Horse Artillery and 3 Infantry and kill 6 Russian Infantry a HMG and an Invisible unit (probably a Lawyer) we capture Moscow and 2 Happiness Wonders Sacred Music (Doubles effect of Great Religious Centers) and Code Civil (doubles happiness of Courthouses) (186, 30).

Partisans kill a Russian Infantry and a Pikeman (188, 30). Novgorod is captured.

We lose 2 Sipahi and kill a Russian Line Infantry, a Spearman, a Musket Infantry, and an Armored Car (192, 32). Yekaterinburg is captured and we get 1165 in Gold.

We lose 1 Sipahi and kill 3 Russian Infantry (195, 33) when we liberate 1263 Gold from Russian coffers and raze Rostov. C’mon and Swim is founded next to the ruins.

Only 2 Russian cities left that I know of and we have to go through India to get to them.

Infantry kills Spanish Infantry and captures Settler (196, 33).

Lawyer kills Russian Adventurer (197, 33).

Infantry kills Indian Arquebusier (198, 33); Lawyer sign Crossbowman to singing contract (199, 34).

Monk converts the invading Lowland Ballista (199, 33).

Sipahis kill 3 Indian Sepoys (202, 33) and capture Hyderabad.

Infantry kills Aztec Adventurer (203, 33); Sipahi kills Adventurer (204, 33); Sipahi kills Villista (205, 33); Infantry kills Adventurer and kills Aztec great leader Acamapichtli (206, 33).

Sipahi liberate Punjab from Aztec rule by killing 3 Villistas and 2 Adventures (211, 33),

Between Turns:
Predreadnought sunk by Dutch Ship (211, 34).
Mongols build a town next to the 1 I had to leave standing.

1852 AD: Assimilation of India
Drinkers of Australia is founded.

Infantry captures a Southern African Settler who was next to Tyre.

A Sipahi is killed and Sipahi kill 3 Indian Line Infantry (214, 35). Lahore is captured. Also, in Lahore is Worldreligion Hinduism. This should give our cities 1 extra culture per turn.

Infantry kills Aztec line Infantry (215, 35).
Lawyer kills Russian Late Pike (216, 35).

A Sipahi is killed and Sipahi kill 3 Indian Line Infantry (218, 36). Calcutta is captured.

We lose a Sipahi and an Infantry kill 4 Indian Sepoys (222, 38). We capture Bombay and take possion of Ganges Pilgramage (gives all cities 1 happy face, which appears to work in all our cities).
Bombay is renamed Bimbombey.

We lose 2 Infantry an assault which kills 2 Indian Sepoys, 2 Line Infantry, and a Siege Engine (227, 40). Delhi is captured.

Sipahi capture Jaipur by killing 2 Indian Line Infantry (229, 40).
Lawyer signs wounded Indian Line Infantry to preform Magic (230, 40).

We kill a Mongol Pike (231, 40) and Mandalgovi is auto razed. Old Dingo is built from its ruins.
We find the House bug still exits and have to let the newly founded Mongol city survive.

Sipahi kill an Indian Line Infantry, an Arquebusier, and a Musket Infantry (234, 40). Madras is captured.

One Sipahi is killed and we kill an Indian Line Infantry, an Arquebusier, and a Musket Infantry (237, 41). Karachi is captured.

Sipahi kill 2 Indian Arquebusiers and a Lawyer signs a Pike to an acting contract (240, 41). Bangalore is captured. The Artist is sent to entertain in Karachi.

Infantry kills Spanish Infantry and captures Settler (241, 41).

One Sipahi is killed and we kill an Indian Line Infantry, an Arquebusier, and a Musket Infantry (244, 42). Kolhapur is captured.

Sipahi kill 2 Arquebusiers (246, 42) and Chittsgong is captured.

Sipahi kills Indian Line Infantry and captures a Settler (247, 42).

Sipahi kill 2 Indian Arquebusiers ( 249, 42) and Indus is captured.

Sipahi kill 2 Indian Arquebusiers ( 251, 42) and Bengal is captured.

Lawyer kills Spanish Firelancer (252, 42).

Sipahi kills Aztec Villista (253, 42).

Between Turns:
2 empty Steamers are sunk by Lowland Ships (253, 44). :sad:

Aztecs are building Ford’s Factory (the race is on).

1853 AD:
We lose 1 Sipahi and kill 3 Russian Infantry (256, 45). Krasnoyarsk is captured along with 3043 Gold,

Sipahi kill a Russian Line Infantry and a Musketeer (258, 45). Khabarovsk is captured along with 9129 Gold.

Now it is :hammer: time for the Aztecs :D

That is an unreal set so far.
Looks like the combo of AI fighting each other together with combat settlers broke things open.

Great report and a great progress! :)

He signs a Pikeman to a clog dancing contract

:lol: Jersey Joe, it´s astonishing, that you always find some new and fitting comments to that combat situation. What a creativity! :clap:

Great report and a great progress! :)
He signs a Pikeman to a clog dancing contract

:lol: Jersey Joe, it´s astonishing, that you always find some new and fitting comments to that combat situation. What a creativity! :clap:

We are the only nation with cities on the Land mass were Poland was and I am reasonably sure we have the only troops on that land mass.

We now have 53% of the worlds land mass under our control. This will grow a little with border pops but it looks like we need to conquer more land.

From what I can see Germany looks like it should be out next target. I have some steamers ready to ship troops over but we need many more. Both to move troops from our Homeland to old Aussie land and from there to Germany. We should be okay with he steamers available to move troops from Poland back to our Homeland.

Greebley: Do you want me to start moving the troops from Poland to "Aussie Land and beyond or do you want to start the invasion of German (if that is where we are going).

I will post my report later today with so screen shots.

Germany is exact where I don't want to hit. Way to many nations with full troops. What are our prospects for stray nations above Poland?

The nations may not have full troops as they have each other to fight. I think the nations that are one per continent are going to have more troops.
However a nation really behind in tech might be worth attacking.

In any case make your best judgement call and I will likely follow through with it. You know more about the world at this point than I do.

Based on Mapstat, the 4 "Island Nations control about 7.4% of the world's land.
Spoiler Canada 2.1% Land Mass and Israel 2.6% Land Mass :
Spoiler S. Africa 1.2% Land Mass :
Spoiler Maghreb 1.5% Land Mass :
This leaves us about 5% short of victory. The only place I can see to get the extra land is the German Land mass.
Spoiler Germany 1.6% Land Mass :
Just 4 of the nations (Germany 1.6%, Egypt 3.4%, Britain, 4.8%, and Korea 2.2%) control about 12% of the land. That would get us to about 66%.
Also, there are also at least 2 other Nations on the German land mass we have not met. The Arabs (appears they have a large amount of land) and S. America (Inca)

If we invade Germany it could be like it was when we invaded Poland. For the other nations to get to us they have to send troops through Germany.

Therefore, I think we should invade GEEK (Germany, Egypt, England, Korea). :D
Spoiler GEEK 12% Land Mass :

Top Bottom