LK160, CCM, AW, Turkey

1505 AD (0)
I wake up some elite troops in our rear. While leaders aren't as good as the base game, I still appreciated the extra shield from rushed buildings.

I move Royal Tournament to Pig and Cow. It can complete it 2 turns quicker.
(IT) We lost a cataphract. (0-1)

1510 AD (1)
We kill Brazil: 1 crossbow, and 1 invisible. (2-1)
We lost: 1 enslaver. (2-2)

1515 AD (2)
We capture Curitiba. We get $21. We hit the jackpot with 5 workers.

We kill Brazil: 1 pike, 1 bow, 1 spear and 1 monk. (6-2)
(IT) We lost: 1 cataphract. (6-3)
Russia completes Sacred Music. They are clearly ahead of us in tech. :(

1520 AD (3)
No action, just walking up to the next city of Brazil.
(IT) We kill Brazil: 1 enslaver. (7-3)
We lost: cataphract. (7-4)
We complete the Royal Tournament. This covers the military portion of our golden age.
Brazil lands by Curitiba.

1525 AD (4)
We capture Fortaleza. We gain $24 and 2 workers.
Ultimate Eastern Ballista arrives. Curitiba gets a rush coliseum, the most expensive building available.

We kill Brazil: 2 spear, 1 bucket, 1 pike and 2 crossbows. (13-4)
We lost: 1 cataphract. (13-5)
(IT) We lost 1 cataphract. (14-6)

1530 AD (5)
We kill Brazil: 2 crossbows and 1 monk. (17-6)
We lost: 1 druid. (17-7)
(IT) We get another silly landing by Fortaleza.

1535 AD (6)
Forest Sea Port is founded. We need to start developing more spots that can build ships long term.

We capture Salvador. We get $26 and 2 workers.

The north of our landmass has been found.

We kill Brazil: 1 pike, 1 spear and 5crossbows. (24-6)
We lost: 1 cataphract, and 1 druid. (26-6)

Both of the druid losses were attacking 1 defense units. :(
(IT) :sleep:

1540 AD (7)
We capture Recife. We gain $28. We destroyed as least 1 ship in port.

We find another civ, Indo-China.

We kill Brazil: 1 spear, 1 crossbow and 1 pike. (29-6)
(IT) :sleep:

1545 AD (8)
We capture Belo Horizonte. We gain $48 and 2 workers.

We kill Brazil: 3 pike. (32-6)

The remains of Brazil. They have just 4 cities left. By the end of my set they were feeling gassed.

The pathway to the new lands:

Part 1 of the overseas war prep.

We need the road in red to get to the closest collection point on our side. I have a few workers heading that way.

I have our only monk heading this way to bomb overseas.

We should reserve our next settler to go over seas. We need one city with zero flip risk.

Our new troops should all head this way.

We need to start building ships that can handle seas soon. Stockholm should be ready to do this soon.

Summary:
I am turning this over a bit early. I am not sure when the next day I can play is. I don't want to delay it over 2 turns.

The workers south of Salvador are working to chain water to Curitiba and Fortaleza. Both cities are pretty growth constricted, and those plains need to be irrigated.

The two spears in the desert are trying to finish mapping that area.

JJ should have the honor of killing Brazil. After that we will a few veteran mobile troops up north. The rest begin the slow march south.

Tech is easy right now. Anything that gives us another building is good. Gunpowder is also good to locate the salt peter. We should have it, but it is probably on an unconnected tile.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium
TheRat

Attachments

• LK160-1545AD.SAV
    1 MB · Views: 74
Forgot an important one:
The ship is heading away from Indo-China. I don't want to risk having multiple civs hitting our landing zone on that island. Let us get a solid city, with decent troops over there before we getting into multiple wars.
The troop shuffle will really slow us down over there.

Nice progress. :goodjob:
Sailing ships down from Stockholm is going to take several turns.
I am not sure Navigation will give us transport Ships that can enter/ cross oceans. We might need at least Naval Guns (I think it also gives better transports) for that ability. So after Navigation I will research Gunpowder to have the prerequisites for Naval Guns
Should our next city get built close to the launch site so we can upgrade ships?

I got it.

We need 2 cities, one at the launch site, and one on the other island. I just got a settler my set, so it will take a bit to get both. Yes, we need to build the next city at the launch point. The settler won't arrive your set, but it would be nice to get roads closer.
The port city was built before I knew where the next land mass was.

IIRC we don't need to cross oceans for that land, only seas. That is why the explorer got over there.

Don't forget we also need to research more buildings to keep out cities busy. I don't want the economy to collapse from troop support.

Navigation gives Cogs which can do "short hops" over Ocean. I think they're OK for sea, too, but you'll want to double-check that.

Where is Forest Sea Port? I don't see any signs of it in the screenies :(

Navigation gives Cogs which can do "short hops" over Ocean. I think they're OK for sea, too, but you'll want to double-check that. I checked and found that we will be able to build Dhow's (no movement restrictions but should not end turn in ocean square) which carry 3 land units and move 3.

Where is Forest Sea Port? I don't see any signs of it in the screenies :(
Forest Sea Port is west of Istanbul.

After Navigation I am going to research Engineering (for Windmills) and then Gunpowder.

Nice progress. :goodjob:...I am not sure Navigation will give us transport Ships that can enter/ cross oceans.

:yup: Yes, that´s a nice progress in that game.

If you want to receive any informations about new units and their abilities, please simply klick in the techtree the techbox with that tech (in this case Navigation) and you will see, that Turkey with Navigation receives Dhows and you easily can see all informations about that unit, too:

Attachments

• Dhow.jpg
    Dhow.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 243
Hmm...that gives me an idea...put the 'pedia file on a web server and have a script to parse it and serve all the entries as web pages!

https://example.com/CCM2/Civilopedia/Dhow would show the same data as Civinator's screenshot above.

For bonus points, also include the images needed for the thumbnails (need a bunch more storage, though).

Ending 1545 AD:
Reduce Research to 50%, increases cash flow from -44/turn to +59/turn. Navigation still due in 2 turns. Move tiles being worked from dry to wet through out our empire to get a small increase in cash flow.

Between Turns:
2 of our Knights (Cataphract?) killed by Brazilian troops (0, 2). :mad:

1550 AD:
Capture of Sao Paulo:
Ballista kills Meso Pike (1, 2); Ballista kills Spearman (2, 2); Catapult kills Spearman (3, 2). Sao Paulo is captured.

eSwordsman kills Crossbow (4, 2). eChariot kills Trebuchet (5, 2) and finds Brasilia.

Between Turns:
eChariot killed by Missionary? (5, 3).

1555AD:
We learn to Navigate the seas and start researching Engineering.
eBallista kills Missionary? (6, 3);

1560 AD:
Some troops heal and others move toward Brasilia.

Between Turns:
Swordsman killed by Crossbow (6, 4).

Persia completes Islamic Art.

1565AD
eEnslaver kills Crossbow (6,4); eKnight kills Crossbow (7,4);

Troops still healing and moving toward Brasilia.

1570 AD:
Capture of Brasilia:
We lose 2 Catapults, 2 Knights and a Cataphract killing the 7 pike, 1 Spearman and 1 Crossbowman defending Brasilia (16, 9). Brasilia is capture and we now control Circus Maximus. :dance: (Doubles happiness of Colosseums, gives a happy face to every city, and produces settlers every 20 turns. Made obsolete by Free Artistry.)

Between Turns:
We learn about Engineering. Our people want fireworks displays so we start researching Gunpowder.

Circus Maximus produces a Settler for us. :smug:

1575 AD:
Settler begins long walk (about 20 turns) to the southern tip of our Lands.
Wounded troops rest the other troops march into Brazilian territory searching for the enemy.

1580 AD:
Wounded troops still rest the others continue their search for Brazilian cities.

1585 AD:
We find Rio de Janeiro.
Cataphract kills Spear (17, 9); Cataphract killed by Pike (17, 10); Enslaver kills Pike (18, 10); Cataphract kills Spear (19, 10). Rio is ours.

Our exploring ship meets:

:trouble:

1590 AD:
Battle for Porto Alere:
Cataphracts kill 2 Pike (21, 10); Chariot kills a Crossbowman (22, 10). Porto Alere is captured.

1595 AD:
We learn about Gunpowder and start on Religion.
I see 6 sources of Saltpeter. The Saltpeter by Edrine is already connected. :woohoo:

1600 AD:
We continue to fog bust on our land mass.

Here is a what our Northern Territory looks like:

And the save:

Attachments

• LK160-1600 AD.SAV
    1 MB · Views: 77
Our exploring ship meets:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
:hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:
:gripe::gripe::gripe:
:aargh::aargh::aargh:

Totally sucks big time we met another civ. I was withdrawing the exploring ship away from Indo-China to avoid just that. Did they stumble on to us?

I don't want to meet anymore civs. Picking them off one at time is the easiest way to victory.

I started to move a Mullah and Enslavers toward the South. We should consider leaving most if not all of the troops in the North up there, just in case of invasion. Without rails it is 20+ turns to move from northern tip to southern tip of our land mass.

We several cities attached to Silver, so I moved the Spearman off of the Colony.
Kyoto and Stockholm have started to build Dhow.
Our Settler is near Lyons.

Theology was the only Tech available to learn in 4 turns. Naval Guns was going to take 8 turns (hiring Scientists could probably knock it down to 7 turns and maybe even 6 turns by hiring many Scientists.

We have positive cash flow because Circus Maximus allowed me to reduce the luxury tax.

That is great news in death of Brazil. :thumbsup:

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
TheRat

Top Bottom