[NFP] March Update Video Discussion

If you check the Civ Wiki and look for NFP, you'll see it says two Wonder and one Map.

You mean, aside from the fact that the NFP literally stated from the start back in the summer of 2020 that this last update would feature wonders and a new map? Yeah, I had a hunch too : P

my bad I was just going off the civ twitter graphic for the packs which just mentioned new content. genuinely didn't know they mentioned wonders and map already

So Torre de Bélem looks great on its own, but for me the most exciting thing about it is that it implies that the "+Gold for international trade routes for each luxury resource at the destination" mechanic won't be Portugal's CUA or LUA, as I'd feared. It's a good bonus (and the free buildings are obviously a great windfall value-add) but I'm happiest to see Portugal's mechanics more likely to go in a more interesting direction than straight-up international trade bonuses.

You know a real asset would be to improve naval importance and usage of navy in addition to implement Portugal. I enjoy naval action and always feel AI is not truly up for it.

Zombies. As many said: meh. Count me out.

Concerning further content for civ6: I would say: go for it! :king:

OK..

Portugal as the last installment , expecting a stereotype design (nau + feitoria) and gameplay focused in trade + exploration

two new world wonders (just two : minimum effort and dedication from Firexis to announce "world wonders" instead of "wonder" ) and another uninspired boring game mode...

as usual... all of this deliberately leaked and presented in a infantilized cheesy vid..

You know a real asset would be to improve naval importance and usage of navy in addition to implement Portugal. I enjoy naval action and always feel AI is not truly up for it.
We still haven't seen the patch notes, so we can't officially count this out yet. But don't hold your breath.

I will assume that this is a unique "sea trading post - fort" on neutral territory. Collects taxes from the routes of other civilizations and gives protection to its ships. What do you think? I think this is interesting
+881 gold/turn is a lot
In addition, there are 14 caravans and a total of 8 cities
upload_2021-3-15_21-28-44.png

OK..

Portugal as the last installment , expecting a stereotype design (nau + feitoria) and gameplay focused in trade + exploration

two new world wonders (just two : minimum effort and dedication from Firexis to announce "world wonders" instead of "wonder" ) and another uninspired boring game mode...

as usual... all of this deliberately leaked in advance and now presented in a infantilized cheesy vid..

Portugal -- good.
New map type -- I could take it or leave it, but that is fine.
Two new wonders -- good.

Zombie mode -- will likely never use.

What is disappointing is that after the first two modes and the backlash about the historical realism of those modes, were told the other modes would be more historially realistic. I really don't think that ever fully happened, and frankly, Zombies is a step way back. I don't understand nor want to understand Zombie culture, so it is what it is.

Two big misses on the game-modes that if this is end of life for Civ VI development, were big misses.

1. Ideologies -- similar to BNW on Civ V -- the formation of blocs and pacts
2. Revolutions -- almost got there with dramatic ages, but instead of forming non-aligned free cities, actually forming new civilizations.

Both were major influences in the later part of historical development -- it would have been great inclusion.

Now if there is a new season pack -- maybe there can be focus on more historically based content instead of these "gimmicky" game.

I think the feitoria will be something similar to an industry that the Nau can build on a neutral luxury resource while claiming the tile for Portugal
But there are no Luxuries near the Nau... :shifty:

Ok, so Feitoria is an improvement of the Nau, probably, which means Portugal will have another piece of unique infrastructure (maybe). Btw, it will not be a Harbor UB, pretty sad.
To be fair they could get a unique shipyard as well as the unique improvement. I think I only saw a lighthouse building in a Portuguese harbor.

To be fair they could get a unique shipyard as well as the unique improvement. I think I only saw a lighthouse building in a Portuguese harbor.
1:32 There is indeed a Shipyard that doesn't look unique.

I'm still not sure why they went with Joao III. He's gonna end up looking a lot like Philip II, even if he has a hat and whatnot.

It must be for gameplay/ability reasons.

Ok, so Feitoria is an improvement of the Nau, probably, which means Portugal will have another piece of unique infrastructure (maybe). Btw, it will not be a Harbor UB, pretty sad.

Where did the confirmation of Feitoria come from? None of the achievements I recall mentioned it... or did i miss it somehow.

Also bit disappointed with the Zombies mode, it's probably going to be the only thing I am not going to ever keep on.

I wonder if there indeed was a Disease Mode that was scrapped last minute and pushed to the end because COVID, because I just find this mode to not even be that thought-out. it's just more units and few improvements and that's it. It's not nearly as engaging as other modes.

Top Bottom