Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Just to complicate things more - I am running fine with the base Moar Units mod going. Have graphics, no crashes. However, I was getting crashes before getting into the game with the Even Moar Units mods active. Not sure which one was causing it though, as I disabled all of them and then everything worked just fine.

Yes but they didn't work before that either, last time I played was in 2016 before Poland DLC

@Deliverator

What are your thoughts about the new Australia civ?

I have ideas for two new units for Australia, both involving the Australian Aborigines: a boomerang thrower (replacing the slinger, but has two range instead) and a scout replacement that can enter shallow water and ignore rivers from the get-go.

This would help balance Australia a little in the start, and because unmodded Australia doesn't have any Aborigine representation.

If you were going to give Australia an indigenous themed ancient ranged unit, it would be better to give something that was actually used for combat.

Personally I'd probably like to see a tracker unit, with extra sight, around the Musketman mark, and which upgrades to keep the extra sight.

Any chance the Moar unit mods will be up again this week?
I`m delaying playing civ 6 currently. This mod is essential for civ 6 for me.
Just asking. If more time is needed it is alright. I`m very happy this mod excists :)

Just asking. If more time is needed it is alright. I`m very happy this mod excists :)

Deliverator is out of the country in South Africa this week and said he wouldn't be able to start in on updates until next week. It plays fine for me as is though.

Deliverator is out of the country in South Africa this week and said he wouldn't be able to start in on updates until next week. It plays fine for me as is though.

Yeah, i should probably give it another go. Game is very playable for me as well.

Deliverator said this last week by the way

Last edited:

I agree. The addition of a rifleman unit which addresses the huge gap between musketeer and WWI infantry makes it a must for me too. I can't believe the game was released without this intermediate unit. Then you get the bonus of all the extra units this mod gives as well.

hello, game crash , play this mod with R.E.D. modpack. Its possible any solution, thanks..

Probably not this week I'm afraid. I'm quite busy at the moment and don't have much modding time. If the processes of re-creating the mod using Modbuddy isn't too horrific then next Monday 6th March is a possibility. I'm not sure why the patch has broken the mod or what needs changing as I haven't had the time to look yet.

If people don't mind playing with a load of additional stuff as well as Moar Units then you could try Ananse's BFG Modpack.

Are the any plans to add portraits for the new units (beside the new icons)? :)

Not at the moment. I'm not much of a 2D artist so I'd be looking for someone to take on the challenge! Also it might not be worth doing unless/until the 3D models are finalised. Hopefully we'll figure out how to edit/import new models eventually for improved accuracy and it would be better to have portraits that reflect the finalised models.

Not at the moment. I'm not much of a 2D artist so I'd be looking for someone to take on the challenge! Also it might not be worth doing unless/until the 3D models are finalised. Hopefully we'll figure out how to edit/import new models eventually for improved accuracy and it would be better to have portraits that reflect the finalised models.

Thanks for the explanation! The unit graphics in MOAR Units look great to me already, even without new models. I love the variety (and having Bandeirantes as a Brazilian UU is a must) :)

I wonder how feasible converting portraits from Civ5 would be (removing the background and adapting the colors to better match the Civ6 palette)? Another possibility might be using the portraits from Age of Empires Online, as they seem closer to the Civ6 style (though it is not an exact match, they might need recoloring to fit, too). There are some Norse axeman units there that could provide a portrait for the Hird, for instance.

What happened to Ananse's BFG Modpack? Is it taken down? This morning it is gone from steam

Deliverator, can you please upload the latest version of "Moar Units" here? I do have some problems with steam workshop right now... The 0.73 version doesn't work correctly with the summer update. Horsemen becomes invisible. Very like your modification.

Hi, could you consider add the "Even Moar Units: The Aztecs" to the main mod as they are part of the base game now?

Top Bottom