• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Moderator Reorganization

Taking Birdjaguar away from us NESers is a sad thing. :*( He has responsibilities beyond moderating this place you know.
Generally, forum assignments aren't changing as a result of this. Mostly it organizes things we were already doing so that some progress can be made.

If it's useful to the mods, I'm sure this is great. I always like a bit of extra variety in terms of colour. :p

But why doesn't the announcement link link to the OP of this thread?

The PM requesting me to be a supermod seems to have got lost in cyberspace Ainwood, can you resend it?

I think it would be helpful if you made the moderator guidelines public knowledge.

Possibly. We're looking at how the forum operates and see how we can make good effective changes. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but we'll consider it.

Keep in mind, however, that a lot of our guidelines are just general, there's a lot of gray in the enforcement of them. So we may publish a list, and have some reason why what the guidelines suggest something should be a 1 pt infraction or a warning, may end up being a tempban. It would look like we're not trying to be consistent. And given how PMDA is not allowed here, it could possibly be counter productive to have them publicly published.

I don't know... we'll see how it works out. But we will consider it. :)

I was hoping some of the more ridiculous written and unwritten rules would be tuned down to bring back the forum in it's glory days, but meh. Whatever floats thine boats.

The PM requesting me to be a supermod seems to have got lost in cyberspace Ainwood, can you resend it?

You're already busy moderating another forum :p

This forum already has the heaviest moderation i've seen. Seems very unnecessary, but then again I don't care.
OT is very heavily moderated and it's still a hideous moshpit where a large amount of idiots with nothing better to do try to destroy all sensible conversation. Imagine how it would be without moderation.
You'sa back! But I wouldna make you a mod :p

I thought we already had a super moderator in the past, namely Lefty.

I thought we already had a super moderator in the past, namely Lefty.
CG, you've been in this forum too long not to know that Lefty Scaevola is Thunderfall's evil twin.
Guess we'll have to promote some Senior Trolls to Super Trolls to even things out.
Ooohh yeah!! Fiftychat mafia, to the rescue!!!

Guess we'll have to promote some Senior Trolls to Super Trolls to even things out.

I'm not sure if anyone but you, Fifty, and Perfection have reached the level worthy of being called Super Trolls.

I must be a Junior Troll then.

Note: Wow! 11 super mods that seems like a lot.

Taking Birdjaguar away from us NESers is a sad thing. :*( He has responsibilities beyond moderating this place you know.
Bangka Island Indonesia Spring 1511
Wu khan and his daughter Mei Mei had spent the day watching the fleet of Chinese junks making their way into the harbor all day. It was a large fleet and prepared for war. From the packed decks, it was evident that each ship was packed with soldiers who had suffered on the long voyage south and for whom the prospect of shore leave was earnestly anticipated. The crowded the decks and called out to the locals, especially the boats full of women advertising the on shore brothels. Khan had not expected such a fleet and wondered just where they were bound. He knew that the Chinese were vesting themselves in Ceylon and there had been talk of further efforts on Java. But he knew that Java was only necessary because Malacca controlled the straits. Mei interrupted his thoughts as if she could read his mind: “Wouldn’t it be simpler to vanquish Malacca than to secure passage around Sumatra and be forever fighting the pirates who infest the southern shore?” He smiled at her remark and nodded.
“Perhaps, but we do not know the mind of the Emperor. Those soldiers just might have the task of building a bridge from her to Ning-Po so in the future his armies can march all the way to Bangka.” Tomorrow he would find some captain, get him drunk, and get all the details. Such information would have its price among the kings and princes of Indonesia.

This ^^ fits here.

What is the goal of this, to reduce the intensity of moderation, to increase the intensity of moderation, neither but just to make it easier, or something else?

I also agree with whoever said moderating could be toned down a bit. But overall, I should tell you all good job!

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy

Top Bottom