Modern Alliances

Well if this isn't a fine family reunion. :)

How's things going? I see 2.9 finally got published. Did you end up using the revised warship strengths that we had been corresponding about way back when, or did you end up starting so much from scratch that that work was no longer relevant?

One thing I remember lobbying for was the "+" bonus (50%?) vs. large warships for the German Pocket Battleships because in fact they had capitol ship armament- but then, I don't even know if they ever made it into the game!

How is it playing? I've just found the LoR mod, which allows you to play out the broad stretch of time leading up to the ships of steel age. Its pretty nice, though I miss my pre-dreadnaughts.

:lol: I've just given up attempting to make a WW1 scenario in Modern Alliances, as creating a WW1 scenario to be accurate and play well on a world map with a tech tree that stretches from 1900-2014 simply doesn't work. It just isn't specific enough. You cant experience a technology progression between 1914 and 1915 when the tech tree stretches over 114 years.

Modern Alliances will be slightly altered to a custom game/fantasy (random civs on random maps) mod. You will start in 1900 and play until present day, just not through realistic scenarios

A separate mod will incorporate a WW1 scenario. This mod will have a tech tree specifically for the 1914-1918 era. The mod is already in the works, the tech tree is set up and looks very nice, units (not UU's) are in, civilizations and leaders are finishing as we speak. This is going to lead to a much nicer realistic technology centered game. Now Britain can discover how to make the Mark V tank, without France being able to create the FT-17 at the same time, there is a difference and it will be more accurate

The part that Aob will not like is the fact its going to be on an Atlantic map. There is just no way that you can create an accurate Western Front border of trenches on a world map. It just isn't going to happen. American and Northern Africa will be in, so the only thing it really will be missing is Japan.

Civilizations will be done soon, then on to the map tonight. Im hoping to have a working version by the end of this week.

Did you have a chance to fix those little bugs I was finding- St.Louis Arch, certain Missionaries, the Heavy Machine gun button, Heavy Cruiser button and such, or in the new build did you start from scratch so you didn't have to look for scripting issues like that?

I pretty much started from scratch, go through it and tell me what you think, mod is very clean, no crashes i know of, and runs smoother

The actual modding of it is perfectly organized as well, which lets me create smaller mods (such as ww1) much quicker then from scratch

:lol: I've just given up attempting to make a WW1 scenario in Modern Alliances, as creating a WW1 scenario to be accurate and play well on a world map with a tech tree that stretches from 1900-2014 simply doesn't work. It just isn't specific enough. You cant experience a technology progression between 1914 and 1915 when the tech tree stretches over 114 years.

Modern Alliances will be slightly altered to a custom game/fantasy (random civs on random maps) mod. You will start in 1900 and play until present day, just not through realistic scenarios

A separate mod will incorporate a WW1 scenario. This mod will have a tech tree specifically for the 1914-1918 era. The mod is already in the works, the tech tree is set up and looks very nice, units (not UU's) are in, civilizations and leaders are finishing as we speak. This is going to lead to a much nicer realistic technology centered game. Now Britain can discover how to make the Mark V tank, without France being able to create the FT-17 at the same time, there is a difference and it will be more accurate

The part that Aob will not like is the fact its going to be on an Atlantic map. There is just no way that you can create an accurate Western Front border of trenches on a world map. It just isn't going to happen. American and Northern Africa will be in, so the only thing it really will be missing is Japan.

Civilizations will be done soon, then on to the map tonight. Im hoping to have a working version by the end of this week.

:rolleyes: European scenario's for the world wars are fine in my book as long as they come with a world map scenario since it was a world war and not a European war

but since you don't need my help with scenarios anymore since your doing them your self now then I can either just use another WW1 mod or if need by make my own world scenario for your mod :p

Top Bottom