• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
When are orders due by?
Whoops, thought I'd replied already.

Dunno, actually. I probably have most players' replies by now, but I'll hold off first call for another day. Gives me time to sort out a few other affairs.

IMPERIAL CLAIMS FOR THE PACIFICATION OF BARBARIANS

-

100 into Industry. This is 2000% of 5, so should bring me up to Industry 21.

The army moves to pacify part of the former Demonic Manchuria.

UGH.

Alright, but you'll be treated as an NPC stats-wise 'til you come back.

100 into Industry. This is 2000% of 5, so should bring me up to Industry 21.
Nerf? Why, yes, nerf. :mischief:

The Knights

New Player

Scientific Dictatorship

Mysterious and isolationist

Dark blue are my starting territories. If I can claim this turn, claim one of the lighter blue territories.

Invest (if I can) half into industry and half into buying land units, bank any remainders.

Background and RP to come when I have time (never soon)

Empire of the Horn Orders

Start: 100 Horns
-30 Horns (Invest in Industry)
-20 Horns and 2 population (2 Land Army Units)
-50 Horns (Land Military Research)
End: 0 Horns

The Glorious Emperor of the Horn, King of the Five Lands, Patron of the Somali Race, and Father of Order in the Horn of Africa does hereby order the Glorious Imperial Armies of the Horn of Africa to bring Peace, Order, and Security of the three following Areas.

Orders for the Integration of said Areas are to be passed along to the Generals of each Imperial Army Detatchment by the Government Webnet.

Good luck and god speed, Generals.

-Imperial Advisor Halil Akbar Ahmed

EDIT: It appears that the Imperial Army will run into complications this turn. As such, for now, only take the large province.

Attachments

• Empire of the Horn Turn 1 Claims.png
    Empire of the Horn Turn 1 Claims.png
    859 bytes · Views: 91
Alright, I thought I was pretty clear in the OP, but as evidenced by recent orders, there's some confusion about claims.

Players can claim up to as many armies as they have at the start of the turn as long as it's contiguous with the capital region (continental) or general vicinity (islands, i.e. Double A, Optical - still working the kinks out in this one). 5-per-turn is the cap for air- and naval-supported claims, which nobody can do right now.

Army purchases are for next turn (excepting the defender scramble during war), so everyone has one claim total this turn.

I'll bump this for you guys.

E.V.I.L is thinking about stealing famous paintings. We are thinking of which ones...

Okayee, 48 hours to lock.

mechaerik, Nedim, hoplitejoe, Farsight, and Robert still pending.

Meanwhile, as Tani has so graciously exposed a mathematical exploit, I will have to look at retooling infra. spending, at least in the first couple of turns, either by lowering the %, setting a cap, or possibly introducing a decay rate for excessively high infra/pop ratios. That, or just bombard him with freak events to compensate. :p While technically it's not breaking the rules, if the rules are broken to begin with, we probably want to revise them.

Okayee, 48 hours to lock.

mechaerik, Nedim, hoplitejoe, Farsight, and Robert still pending.

Meanwhile, as Tani has so graciously exposed a mathematical exploit, I will have to look at retooling infra. spending, at least in the first couple of turns, either by lowering the %, setting a cap, or possibly introducing a decay rate for excessively high infra/pop ratios. That, or just bombard him with freak events to compensate. :p While technically it's not breaking the rules, if the rules are broken to begin with, we probably want to revise them.
Setting a cap % it can be raised by at a time might be a good idea. (Make it a little higher than my infra spending, please. :) I only spend 30 Horns on it, after all. ;))

I totally didn't see this and intentionally avoided using it.

Hey guys! Look at my thread!

It's our thread, Bold.

Technically, I started it.

Well I got you the account!

Doesn't matter, I WIN!

No, I WIN!

I WIN!

I WIN!

Sigh.

Hey...why is the URL underlined?

URLs are my domain, noob.

The Emperor overlooked the above post and has placed an embargo on the nation for terribly formatting.

The Emperor overlooked the above post and has placed an embargo on the nation for terribly formatting.

:sarcasm:
OH TEH NOES! A TWO BIT COUNTRY IN THE CARRIBEAN IS PLACING AN EMBARGO ON US!!! HOW ARE WE GOING TO SURVIVE!?!?!?

Basically, what we're saying, is that we take your embargo and give you another one. BOLD!

Yes?

I need you to do the official red colour!

Okay. AHEM!

The Empire of the Formatting Crew has officially placed an embargo upon the Empire of the Setting Sun. Any citizen of the EFC who attempts to trade with the Empire of the Setting Sun will be arrested. We hope that this will cause your sun to set much, much faster.

The idea that anyone could resist the will of the Emperor was an amusing one. One filled with heresy however and thus, must be purged from the empire using bullets and rockets. Commander Ortiz sat at the ready in the APC with a squad comprised of infantry armed with the latest assault rifles and helmets with HUD face plates to conceal their identities and two soldiers armed with rocket launchers. Artificial lights lit the cramp compartment of the APC as it burrowed underneath the earth en route to the village. Intel says that the heretics may have posts to watch out for government vehicles and troop movements. Did they know about the subterranean APCs? Probably.

Whether they could do a damn thing about it was another question. Several APCs, each loaded up with similar squads, were in this pack. A soldier across from Ortiz grunted, "Do we know of what the heretics will fight us with?"

Castro, a rocket soldier near the back door of the APC, grinned. Ortiz thought that if he could see through the one-way face plate, he would see the shining eyes of the exceptional soldier. "If the Emperor willed it, sticks and stones! But I have a feeling that these heretics will be armed with pistols and submachine guns."

Ortiz nodded, "That is what the Emperor's Hand says the heretics have but they warn us of the possiblity of a rocket launcher. We must evacuate the APC with haste once will burrow out from the earth into the light. I do not want to give the heretics a chance to smite me with a luck shot of an untrained peasant with a rocket."

The APC stopped burrowing for a moment. Lights flashed red indicating the driver is about to emerge into the light of the heretical village. Ortiz readied his battle rifle and the APC moved upward against gravity and soil....

As soon as the APC reached the surface, Castro hit the button and was out into the light. The face plates helped reduced the bright sun's temporary blinding effects. Ortiz, nearest the driver in the APC, was the last one out and the smell of smoke and death already burned his nostrils. The soldiers, fighting in the name of the Emperor, wasted no time shooting the villagers down where they stood, crouched, and ran. The surprised villagers scrambled as best they could.

Ortiz saw Castro crouch and fire his rocket. The rocket flew into the window of a small shack and destroyed the structure with fire and concussion. Secondary explosions ripped through nearby structures and men streamed out of some before those structures were duly destroyed by the secondary explosions. They tried to form a battle line it seems but the skill and mandate granted to the Empire's Soldier-Inquisitors won the day against the heretics.

The fighting lasted seven minutes before the new mayor, the old one found dead with four bullets in the chest and a submachine gun in hand, surrendered the village. As SOP, the people of the village were rounded up and arrested. Their heresy will be punished back in Havana to a crowd hungry for their punishment. It will be public and fiery but most importantly, it will show that the Emperor purges heresy with flame and bayonet. Smoke and rocket.

Across the country, sympathizers to the so-called foreign cult of formatting were receiving the same treatment. In the dead of night, doors were knocked down and black bags placed over the struggling heads of men, women, and children alike as they were dragged out of their homes, thrown into the back of trucks, and never heard of again. People not only vanished, but cease to ever exist despite the fact their heresy were publicly punished sometimes and most of the times, worst punishment existed in prisons in Hispaniola....

Top Bottom