Netflix's diminishing subscribers and its response

Never been a Mac user, but I love my iPhones and my AppleTV device (except for that dangblasted remote control)

I don't like Apple because it feels so much like a cult to me (was worse when Steve was around) kinda similar to how I feel about Elon Musk.

A former co-worker in Iraq told me Netflix didn’t work with her VPN and it’s something else I’d have to pay for.
That's frustrating to hear the VPN doesn't work in Iraq. And that's a good point about cost, can't imagine Netflix worth their subscription price + a VPN

That's frustrating to hear the VPN doesn't work in Iraq. And that's a good point about cost, can't imagine Netflix worth their subscription price + a VPN

I think she said Hulu didn’t work with her VPN something like that, the VPN worked in general. Yeah I just don’t know how much I’d want to pay on top of the subscription cost I especially since I have so much to watch already.

Can you imagine Netflix going under while the last Blockbuster in Oregon is still open?

While I have nothing against Netflix, you've now inspired me to get everyone to quit it so that we can have this happen. For the sake of making history interesting in these boring times.

It will take a lot to safeguard against any web-only service, with current tech. And afaik a very significant percentage of any such service's viewers are pirates (very notably in the GoT case, of course).

While I have nothing against Netflix, you've now inspired me to get everyone to quit it so that we can have this happen. For the sake of making history interesting in these boring times.
#DeleteNetflixForTheLulz

Well you probably could get more people to pay for CNN than the product that was CNN+. CNN+ very much does not include CNN, either live or on demand, in the same way that ESPN+ doesn't include the stuff that's on regular ESPN.
Lolwut

I've used Netflix since their beginning. I see no reason to drop them.

I've used Netflix since their beginning. I see no reason to drop them.
I've never understood the people who say the rate hikes are too much for what you get. No matter how many of these apparently cataclysmic license lapses happen, my To-Watch List is perpetually at over 100 titles on Netflix alone. I literally cannot watch fast enough to keep up.

I've never understood the people who say the rate hikes are too much for what you get. No matter how many of these apparently cataclysmic license lapses happen, my To-Watch List is perpetually at over 100 titles on Netflix alone. I literally cannot watch fast enough to keep up.
For me, I feel like Netflix has chosen quantity over quality and it shows through more and more. They just care about "content". Netflix and HBO have comparable prices, but HBO's quality is much higher so why pay as much for less quality at Netflix? Honestly though, Criterion Channel is my preferred streaming service anyway and it's cheaper than either

At some point during the pandemic I cancelled my cable completly and signed up for several streaming services instead. Altogether they are costing me less than 50% of what cable used to cost. The content is also a lot better, so overall I'm pretty happy with the new arrangement.

One streaming service I'm not paying for is Hulu, since they have ads. If Netflix made it so that I had to pay more or I will see ads.. Then I will quit. I am paying to not see ads already..

The password sharing thing doesn't affect me currently, but I agree they are stupid to attack it the way they did. Streaming service brand loyalty isn't that strong, people are going to move to alternatives since they now exist.. even if it means not being able to watch some new Tom Hanks movie in which he fights a gorilla, or whatever. If you really want to see it you can always head behind the sketchy bar down by the river and talk to the guy with the one eye and one leg

At some point during the pandemic I cancelled my cable completly and signed up for several streaming services instead. Altogether they are costing me less than 50% of what cable used to cost. The content is also a lot better, so overall I'm pretty happy with the new arrangement.

One streaming service I'm not paying for is Hulu, since they have ads. If Netflix made it so that I had to pay more or I will see ads.. Then I will quit. I am paying to not see ads already..

The password sharing thing doesn't affect me currently, but I agree they are stupid to attack it the way they did. Streaming service brand loyalty isn't that strong, people are going to move to alternatives since they now exist.. even if it means not being able to watch some new Tom Hanks movie in which he fights a gorilla, or whatever. If you really want to see it you can always head behind the sketchy bar down by the river and talk to the guy with the one eye and one leg

Actually, you aren't paying for it since Hulu doesn't exist outside of the US. :p The closest we get is the Star addon via Disney+.

Top Bottom