1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I wasn't arguing that it should. Just that if you're crossing an ocean it should look more or less like what you posted. Happy with Ocean Liners as well, that at least gives us a point of comparison in the real world for what troop transports are actually like which is useful IMO.

Not intending to bicker. I like having a visual for embarked units. It surely varies between eras and it's not alway obvious what that would equate to. I agree that a caravel sinking from attacking embarked spearmen seems silly.

Edit: I do think embarked units should do some damage to melee ships because there is a chance units in transports would be able to repel boarders to some degree (and boarding other ships is what "melee" naval units attacking replicates, at least in earlier eras). In particular troops with war canoes, viking longships, and the amphibious promotion should be able to fight back in some way. But it should be relatively minimal in most cases, not their actual CS.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    vyyt and Recursive like this.
  2. 2506

2506 Warlord

You're bickering.

Moderator Action: This is inappropriate. If you have an issue with a post, please report it and allow staff to work on it. This post is off topic and is considered trolling. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2020
  3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

4. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Just a little more info would be nice...

Save game compatible?

\Skodkim

JamesNinelives likes this.
  5. LucidAPs

LucidAPs Chieftain

Has something changed on the latest versions of VP? The AI is declaring wars really really frequently.

6. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

I'm playing another game while finishing with Rome domination to test air units disappearing or not.

This time Korea/Emperor/Standard/Continent plus. Raging Barbs, kept all Events and Ruins, 3/4UC, Great writers mod and some UI improvements.

Poland and Greece went for Tradition, Morocco, Russia, Indonesia and Inca Progress. Zulu Authority. Good variety. AIs went slow on expanding but this was good for a lot of them.

I grabbed a lot of land but as soon my happiness went under 50 got a chain of 4 DoW. Phony wars in Classic and Medieval mostly on a heavy water map. I'm the leader land wise (8 cities) but Morocco with 6 cities and Progress/Statecraft is the top dog leading with 3 tech and 3 policy over Korea and an economy that's a beast (244 gold/turn). I'm investigating why he's so successful. Indonesia second with a ton of Luxuries on a water map. Ok.

Founded 4th on Religion and battling over the seas with Morocco and Indonesia. Veneration/Abode of peace (Statecraft as Morocco, need to stop him on Council)/Defender of the Faith.

Very stable so far (Advisor screen does not crash the game this time). Tactical AI is very good sniping every single unit i leave undefended or simply uncovered.

Games are dynamic with plenty of DoW but still Morocco got 5 def pacts.

I'll post some screenshots.

I tried Communitu 2.0 map but after a few rolls gave up. It tends to spawn on a isolated island/continent alone with max 1 AI. Sometime connected with a thin line of coastal reef. If AI found a city on that it cuts you from the world for 3 Eras.

7. DaniSciB

DaniSciB Chieftain

Is there a "changelog"? Just to know what to expect haha.

bigcat88, skodkim and JamesNinelives like this.
  8. Necamijat

Necamijat Warlord

Is anyone else experiencing the UI/pather thinking your civilian units have 1 more movement than normal? I'll load up a new game and see if I can reproduce the error and post to GitHub, just asking if someone else came upon the issue.

9. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Funny you mention that, I got 5 defensive pacts at one point in the Morocco game I'm playing at the moment. The most I've ever had before this was 3!

SuperNoobCamper likes this.
  10. Recursive

Recursive Deity

Willingness to be bribed into war was greatly increased. The latest hotfix reduces this willingness to civs that are nearby and favorable targets.

a3kov, glider1 and JamesNinelives like this.
  11. Recursive

Recursive Deity

Bug, fixed in the latest hotfix.

Should be (no new/removed memory elements), but can't 100% confirm.

I'm working on this next.

12. DaniSciB

DaniSciB Chieftain

Well, well. Played early game with Rome and:

AI Slow Expansion was fixed ^^

AI is willing to go Progress again.

Religion Race is Hardcore again.

So far, so good.

Erikose and vyyt like this.
  13. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

Is the horrid save game compatible?

14. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Are you saying those fixes are in the newest hot fix?

\Skodkim

15. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

I love the resource distribution :

Spoiler :

upload_2020-8-24_17-39-58.png

JamesNinelives likes this.
  16. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

I had a civ for the first time in ever suggest a trade of cities. The deal was still impossible lol and he wanted one of my cities for free and he said the deal was impossible lol.

17. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Ya, pretty sure it's bugged out.

18. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

Thank you so much for fixing the AI bartering wars

19. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Two years ago there was a possibility to trade cities. I remeber my game for Venice where I bought one city after another from Mongolia Empire(for really fair price), that they captured from other AIs... It was wonderful!
    And then someone reported some situations where AI didnt do a good jobtrading of cities right and Bum! Impossible deal!
    Happy that now they try to trade. ) Let AI trade cities...

20. ICanHasName?

ICanHasName? Warlord

I had ai Mongolia make peace with a city state then attack it again on the same turn. I assume they arent being bribed into doing that.

vyyt likes this.