New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler Embarkation :

This thing does not harm nearby ships too much.

I'm pretty sure in WW2 they used Ocean Liners to move troops, and they had to be protected by destroyers.

I wasn't arguing that it should. Just that if you're crossing an ocean it should look more or less like what you posted. Happy with Ocean Liners as well, that at least gives us a point of comparison in the real world for what troop transports are actually like which is useful IMO.

Not intending to bicker. I like having a visual for embarked units. It surely varies between eras and it's not alway obvious what that would equate to. I agree that a caravel sinking from attacking embarked spearmen seems silly.

Edit: I do think embarked units should do some damage to melee ships because there is a chance units in transports would be able to repel boarders to some degree (and boarding other ships is what "melee" naval units attacking replicates, at least in earlier eras). In particular troops with war canoes, viking longships, and the amphibious promotion should be able to fight back in some way. But it should be relatively minimal in most cases, not their actual CS.

Last edited:
I wasn't arguing that it should. Just that if you're crossing an ocean it should look more or less like what you posted. Happy with Ocean Liners as well, that at least gives us a point of comparison in the real world for what troop transports are actually like which is useful IMO.

Not intending to bicker. I like having a visual for embarked units. It surely varies between eras and it's not alway obvious what that would equate to. I agree that a caravel sinking from attacking embarked spearmen seems silly.

Edit: I do think embarked units should do some damage to melee ships because there is a chance units in transports would be able to repel boarders to some degree (and boarding other ships is what "melee" naval units attacking replicates, at least in earlier eras). In particular troops with war canoes, viking longships, and the amphibious promotion should be able to fight back in some way. But it should be relatively minimal in most cases, not their actual CS.

You're bickering.

Moderator Action: This is inappropriate. If you have an issue with a post, please report it and allow staff to work on it. This post is off topic and is considered trolling. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Has something changed on the latest versions of VP? The AI is declaring wars really really frequently.

I'm playing another game while finishing with Rome domination to test air units disappearing or not.

This time Korea/Emperor/Standard/Continent plus. Raging Barbs, kept all Events and Ruins, 3/4UC, Great writers mod and some UI improvements.

Poland and Greece went for Tradition, Morocco, Russia, Indonesia and Inca Progress. Zulu Authority. Good variety. AIs went slow on expanding but this was good for a lot of them.

I grabbed a lot of land but as soon my happiness went under 50 got a chain of 4 DoW. Phony wars in Classic and Medieval mostly on a heavy water map. I'm the leader land wise (8 cities) but Morocco with 6 cities and Progress/Statecraft is the top dog leading with 3 tech and 3 policy over Korea and an economy that's a beast (244 gold/turn). I'm investigating why he's so successful. Indonesia second with a ton of Luxuries on a water map. Ok.

Founded 4th on Religion and battling over the seas with Morocco and Indonesia. Veneration/Abode of peace (Statecraft as Morocco, need to stop him on Council)/Defender of the Faith.

Very stable so far (Advisor screen does not crash the game this time). Tactical AI is very good sniping every single unit i leave undefended or simply uncovered.

Games are dynamic with plenty of DoW but still Morocco got 5 def pacts.

I'll post some screenshots.

I tried Communitu 2.0 map but after a few rolls gave up. It tends to spawn on a isolated island/continent alone with max 1 AI. Sometime connected with a thin line of coastal reef. If AI found a city on that it cuts you from the world for 3 Eras.

Is anyone else experiencing the UI/pather thinking your civilian units have 1 more movement than normal? I'll load up a new game and see if I can reproduce the error and post to GitHub, just asking if someone else came upon the issue.

Has something changed on the latest versions of VP? The AI is declaring wars really really frequently.

Willingness to be bribed into war was greatly increased. The latest hotfix reduces this willingness to civs that are nearby and favorable targets.

Is anyone else experiencing the UI/pather thinking your civilian units have 1 more movement than normal? I'll load up a new game and see if I can reproduce the error and post to GitHub, just asking if someone else came upon the issue.

Bug, fixed in the latest hotfix.

Just a little more info would be nice...

Save game compatible?

\Skodkim

Should be (no new/removed memory elements), but can't 100% confirm.

but still Morocco got 5 def pacts.

I'm working on this next.

Well, well. Played early game with Rome and:

AI Slow Expansion was fixed ^^

AI is willing to go Progress again.

Religion Race is Hardcore again.

So far, so good.

Well, well. Played early game with Rome and:

AI Slow Expansion was fixed ^^

AI is willing to go Progress again.

Religion Race is Hardcore again.

So far, so good.
Are you saying those fixes are in the newest hot fix?

\Skodkim

I love the resource distribution :

Spoiler :

upload_2020-8-24_17-39-58.png

I had a civ for the first time in ever suggest a trade of cities. The deal was still impossible lol and he wanted one of my cities for free and he said the deal was impossible lol.

I had a civ for the first time in ever suggest a trade of cities. The deal was still impossible lol and he wanted one of my cities for free and he said the deal was impossible lol.
Two years ago there was a possibility to trade cities. I remeber my game for Venice where I bought one city after another from Mongolia Empire(for really fair price), that they captured from other AIs... It was wonderful!
And then someone reported some situations where AI didnt do a good jobtrading of cities right and Bum! Impossible deal!
Happy that now they try to trade. ) Let AI trade cities...

I had ai Mongolia make peace with a city state then attack it again on the same turn. I assume they arent being bribed into doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom