New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Description is inaccurate. It got changed relatively recently because people have complained that the food corporation is a trap.

Good to know. I just found the change notes for this in the June version. Apparently it also reduces the empire size modifier by 5% in addition to the needs modifiers for each office. So I think in total it is more like a 10% reduction in all needs per office.

I certainly agree that 2Kay needed some sort of buff, I never even played with it because I would have only taken it if it was the only option. I'll look forward to trying out the buffed version.

I don't think 2Kay needs a nerf. (or at least much)

You're paying in opportunity cost. If you can manage your happiness without it you're able to get a lot of good yields.

I don't think 2Kay needs a nerf. (or at least much)

You're paying in opportunity cost. If you can manage your happiness without it you're able to get a lot of good yields.

Yep. I mean even if the corporation basically turns unhappiness "off"....its still not REALLY helping you win with yields like science or culture.

Yep. I mean even if the corporation basically turns unhappiness "off"....its still not REALLY helping you win with yields like science or culture.
It potentially has a synergy with a civ like Brazil that benefits from frequent GAs, because all your :c5happy:happiness translates directly into GAPs.

I’ve always felt like the late game should open up on happiness. A lot. For everyone. It’s never made sense to me that happiness should be hindering people from racing towards those last victory conditions.

It potentially has a synergy with a civ like Brazil that benefits from frequent GAs, because all your :c5happy:happiness translates directly into GAPs.

I’ve always felt like the late game should open up on happiness. A lot. For everyone. It’s never made sense to me that happiness should be hindering people from racing towards those last victory conditions.

Yeah, because the world is just chock-full of unhappiness in 2020...

obviously the police station shouldn’t just give -1:c5unhappy: distress, it should give at least -5:c5unhappy: distress, or a -50% :c5unhappy:distress needs modifier in that city. Because, as we are all well aware, the police are the universal answer when society is in distress.

obviously the police station shouldn’t just give -1:c5unhappy: distress, it should give at least -5:c5unhappy: distress, or a -50% :c5unhappy:distress needs modifier in that city. Because, as we are all well aware, the police are the universal answer when society is in distress.
I guess you are right and the police in your country is doing its job without creating social distress . But in some other countries the police action and brutality is creating exactly the opposite effect - more distress, unfortunately.

I wish I could do that. When i know there's a "better" version of something on the way, I lose all confidence in the current version. I have tinkered with Skyrim modding for like 6 years and never actually finished a playthrough for this reason. In case your not familiar with Skyrim modding, the new and better mods are constantly released in an endless cycle of one upsman-ship. Its what I like to call a "good problem."

Edit: Random Relevant Quote: Perfection is the enemy of good enough

-Someone smarter than me

I was actually very proud of myself for finally finished my Skyrim modlist. Then, my task completed, I went and played something else instead XD.
Of course picked Progress, got first Pantheon just by going Shrine first (this never happens in my usual games)

I got 2nd religion, not used to getting it so early.

Can confirm, religion can be a challenge for me on Huge/Epic as well. Although it's been a bit easier recently!

Anyways, your post and summaries have been very descriptive. Thanks for sharing! :)
(my nation looks like an eagle, you see that, right?

I did not, thank you for mentioning it haha.
I'll chime in to second others who are confused as to why Progress' culture from technologies has been nerfed. I had hoped it would be fixed on this hotfix.

I'm pretty sure the hotfix only fixed a couple of things like the worker bug. There's a bunch of stuff coming in the next release which shouldn't be long :). I trust it's in there.
I guess you are right and the police in your country is doing its job without creating social distress . But in some other countries the police action and brutality is creating exactly the opposite effect - more distress, unfortunately.

I kinda get the feeling PDan's comments were ironic.

I was being facetious.

We have our own issues with police in Canada that are quite distinct from American and other countries’ issues.

that being said, I would support a change where end-game buildings end unhappiness so civs with strong infrastructure can focus solely on winning in the end game:
  • -50%:c5food::c5production: distress from police stations
  • -50%:c5science: illiteracy from medical labs
  • -50% :c5culture:boredom from stadium
  • -50% :c5gold:poverty from power plants

Last edited:
If you want to change progress yourself, you can find the Liberty.sql file and change the following

Spoiler Values :

VALUES
('POLICY_LIBERTY', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 10),
('POLICY_COLLECTIVE_RULE', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 10),
('POLICY_MERITOCRACY', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 10),
('POLICY_CITIZENSHIP', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 10),
('POLICY_REPRESENTATION', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 10),
('POLICY_REPUBLIC', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 10);

Just change the 10's to 15's

Are you really arguing with realism for in-game design decisions?
If the world wide happiness would work like in Vox Populi, almost all man inf Africa couldnt be happy, cause all of them get less money than the world median.

I was being facetious.

We have our own issues with police in Canada that are quite distinct from American and other countries’ issues.

that being said, I would support a change where end-game buildings end unhappiness so civs with strong infrastructure can focus solely on winning in the end game:
  • -50%:c5food::c5production: distress from police stations
  • -50%:c5science: illiteracy from medical labs
  • -50% :c5culture:boredom from stadium
  • -50% :c5gold:poverty from power plants
The solution is Robocop :borg:

Plus they don't catch coronavirus

Obviously the answer is adding a Skooma Distillery building to VP. Unlocks at Chemistry, gives -100% unhappiness and production in this city, can be bought with faith or gold

Hmm, someone once gave a brief introduction to what ABC bonusses (DifficultyBonusA, DifficultyBonusB and DifficultyBonusC from Handicaps) are and I can't find it anymore. Can anyone help? Furthermore how does AIPerEraModifier work?

Having a great game, but I'm seing one runaway Civ tech-wise and it isn't even a tech Civ (custom civ from mod). They have a science output/turn of 240, while I focus heavily on science and have an output of 540/turn. Nonetheless they have 43 techs now and I have 31, which is really annoying me to the point where I'm considering starting a new game. All 8 other civs have between 21-27 techs and an output between 76 and 136 (numbers fro Info Addict).

Should note that I run mod and have modified the VP files rather a lot, so I'm not complaining (allthough I've seen other reports with runaway civs tech wise) or asking for your help on balance as much as I'm asking for help understading what "goes wrong".

\Skodkim

@skodkim

If the AI is leading you in tech 43 to 31 you can resign this game. Discouraging lead, true snowball avalanche. Sounds like a lot. No idea what can cause such a discrepancy. The other Civs being in the 20s.

@HixBozo, Yeah I think this game is toast but I'd still like to understand why, to see if there's anything I can tweak (sorry for modding such a fantastic mod, it's just my passion I guess) to prevent it from happening the next time too.

One thing I did mod heavily before this game is the (almost absolutely) removal/conversion of instant yields from policies and standards buildings (haven't touched wonders and beliefs), so I'm guessing the tech outputs I see in info addict should be closer to actual yields than in the base mod.

\Skodkim

what does this mean?

and why do i get such a diplo bonus?

Attachments

• spies.jpg
    spies.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
@HixBozo, Yeah I think this game is toast but I'd still like to understand why, to see if there's anything I can tweak (sorry for modding such a fantastic mod, it's just my passion I guess) to prevent it from happening the next time too.

One thing I did mod heavily before this game is the (almost absolutely) removal/conversion of instant yields from policies and standards buildings (haven't touched wonders and beliefs), so I'm guessing the tech outputs I see in info addict should be closer to actual yields than in the base mod.

\Skodkim
Not to discourage you actually. Some of the most interesting and dramatic and memorable games happen when you are losing and when you are fighting back. When you lead all the way in the game and nothing can stop you it is sometimes boring a game. So maybe you can try to fight back. It seems the AI is leading you with a whole era but if your troops are super upgraded and if the terrain is on your side a war with the leader can be won. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom