New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't need it, why majority of them ask for resources, and some of them asked 2-3 times every 2-4 turns. And they don't have the it, I am still in Ancient and most AI lack iron or horses

Yeah. Conflict gets more common as the game goes on, and friendships become more rare. (Whereas earlier in the game they are quite common). Kinda makes sense in some ways I guess. Looking forward to the diplo changes in the next version! :D

It makes little sense at all.

If we are using the "makes sense" in the "like the real world" meaning, it's way off. The modern world is all about countries working together and being "friendly" (even if it's fake). The never ending royal rumble that occurs often late game is gamey has heck. Open conflict is rare in the modern world that when it happens it's note worthy and the exception.

If we are using the "makes sense" from a game play prospective, it's also way off. The AI often is very poor at deciding when it's time for open conflict, open distain, hidden distain, actual friendship. From a game play point of view for example, if you are going for a culture victory it makes zero sense to engage in multiple random wars.

It's sad we can't form long term friendly alliances with the AI the same way we can form long term grudges with the AI. Alliances/friendships almost always seem to break down at some point. Regardless if you are a threat or not.

It's sad we can't form long term friendly alliances with the AI the same way we can form long term grudges with the AI. Alliances/friendships almost always seem to break down at some point. Regardless if you are a threat or not.

Yes, I agree. I would like it if there was a sense of peace or resolution towards the end of the game.

I meant in a gameplay sense - as you get to the end of the game, the world is literally ending soon so there's little sense in hiding your feelings towards someone. Certainly for AIs going for diplomatic victory they will want peace, but many others will want war. Particularly if they are not in the lead and want to try to impair the player in whatever way possible. So I've found the best way to avoid getting into constant wars is just to make sure the AI dislikes each other more than they dislike you. The AI diplo logic has improved recently, and while the AI may not like you they won't focus on you if they feel they have better targets to bother.

I'm playing a game where I paid Denmark to quit attacking a CS. The CS is allied to Byzantium, who failed to get involved.

Recursive, shouldn't a civ that "saves" a CS get a large gain, if not an outright alliance?

I'm playing a game where I paid Denmark to quit attacking a CS. The CS is allied to Byzantium, who failed to get involved.

Recursive, shouldn't a civ that "saves" a CS get a large gain, if not an outright alliance?
This would be cool!!!

Yup. And by the way...

Do you obtain a positive diplo modifier with the victim and the world if you ask a civ to sign a peace deal with other? Never tried...

But if the answer is no, it might be a great mechanic, and also an incentive to do so.

So i am attacking Brazil's last city and they are buying like 3-4 units per turn to defend themselves? how is that possible? I thought you can only rush build a single unit at a time. they don't have authority so its not that either.

So i am attacking Brazil's last city and they are buying like 3-4 units per turn to defend themselves? how is that possible? I thought you can only rush build a single unit at a time. they don't have authority so its not that either.
Are you razing a city nearby? Partisans can spawn. Also If you are unhappy they can spawn.

How do you update vp? asin till now i just download the setup for each version, clear the mods folder and the cache and then install the new version and restore other mods. But is there a better way like can i just run the installer without clearing my mods folder? will it remove other mods?

How do you update vp? asin till now i just download the setup for each version, clear the mods folder and the cache and then install the new version and restore other mods. But is there a better way like can i just run the installer without clearing my mods folder? will it remove other mods?

VP won't remove other mods. You don't need to clear the mod folder.

You can see the VP files in your mod folder numbered 1-7. Just delete those and then proceed to install the new version. Deleting Cache and ModUserData is safe and recommended.

What if the attacker goes right back to war? This would be exploitable if a deal is made between humans.

Yup. And by the way...

Do you obtain a positive diplo modifier with the victim and the world if you ask a civ to sign a peace deal with other? Never tried...

But if the answer is no, it might be a great mechanic, and also an incentive to do so.

Yes. Maxes out "recent diplomatic actions" modifier.

VP won't remove other mods. You don't need to clear the mod folder.

You can see the VP files in your mod folder numbered 1-7. Just delete those and then proceed to install the new version. Deleting Cache and ModUserData is safe and recommended.
I think you don't even need to delete the 1-7, no?

Bitdefender Total Security 2020 doesn't show anything wrong with the latest versions of VP, Dailyminerals, so I'd recommend you try another antivirus program just in case.

What if the attacker goes right back to war? This would be exploitable if a deal is made between humans.

The theoretical simple fix is that there be a cool-down period, just like with every other peace treaty. But if this isn't possible, are you saying it's not a good idea because it might be exploited in Multiplayer, and for no other reason?

AVG is detecting "FileRep" malware on the 9-8 beta .exe, but only AVG.

However, when you sandbox the exe on MetaDefender, it actually returns malicious activity...So...What's going on here?

https://metadefender.opswat.com/res...M2ZBYlBzdGF1dG83MXYw/regular/overview?lang=en
"FileRep" means file has a low reputation score (AVG does not think many people are downloading this file)

From what I can tell AVG is giving you a false positive. I've gone though it manually and found nothing malicious
Also you probably should get a different AV that is not AVG or Avast, both of them sell your data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom