New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ilteroi , this version's tactical AI has two tendencies I've noticed that might be problematic:
1.) too risky with its GG placement on the battlefield (very often it leaves its GG undefended or brings it in the first rank of the front instead of the second or third, even though it doesn't use it later to plant a citadel),
2.) too reluctant to pull back severely injured units, instead letting them healing next to or near my cities by 5hp per turn, leaving them easy to pick off one by one.

It's great all in all, though, kudos for all the hard work that has improved the tactical AI so much!

I mean playing devil's advocate a hacker would love to find a way to inject malware into your program without you knowing and get access to all our computers. Maybe getting access to your mega account and replacing the file or something.

Well they'd have to modify my .exe, which is quite tricky. Furthermore, I manually check every file I add/edit, and I never download/remove from github/mega and wholesale use. So the OG files are always on my local machine.

G

So in a couple of my recent games, when choosing authority and getting 10 population I dont actually get the conscripted soldier. In my current game about 1/2 of my cities that hit lv 10 dont receive and the other half do. Is this a bug or are there special exceptions to why you wouldnt get your conscription?

@ilteroi , this version's tactical AI has two tendencies I've noticed that might be problematic:
1.) too risky with its GG placement on the battlefield (very often it leaves its GG undefended or brings it in the first rank of the front instead of the second or third, even though it doesn't use it later to plant a citadel),
2.) too reluctant to pull back severely injured units, instead letting them healing next to or near my cities by 5hp per turn, leaving them easy to pick off one by one.

It's great all in all, though, kudos for all the hard work that has improved the tactical AI so much!

If you want to reach ilteroi, I suggest making a post on Github.

So in a couple of my recent games, when choosing authority and getting 10 population I dont actually get the conscripted soldier. In my current game about 1/2 of my cities that hit lv 10 dont receive and the other half do. Is this a bug or are there special exceptions to why you wouldnt get your conscription?

Was the city a city that you conquered? The policy triggers the first time a city hits 10 population. If you conquer a city, the population loss may take it below 10 population but the policy wont trigger again

I can't attack embarked units with naval units in this version. I can only range attack them. This is especially frustrating when it is civilian units like diplomats that are sucking up valuable ranged attacks, because I can't even use melee ships to kill them

I can't attack embarked units with naval units in this version. I can only range attack them. This is especially frustrating when it is civilian units like diplomats that are sucking up valuable ranged attacks, because I can't even use melee ships to kill them

that's something @ilteroi would like to know

I figured there wasn't any malware, it's just the first .exe from here that's ever returned a (false) positive.

On an unrelated note, how would one go about altering the diplo penalty for "We believe you're building wonders too aggressively". Little tired of losing friends because they have bad production.

I figured there wasn't any malware, it's just the first .exe from here that's ever returned a (false) positive.

On an unrelated note, how would one go about altering the diplo penalty for "We believe you're building wonders too aggressively". Little tired of losing friends because they have bad production.
You could share your wealth with them :D

You can modify nearly all Opinion penalties in (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploOpinionWeights.sql.

If you want to remove the penalty entirely (from both Approach and Opinion) just set the Wonder Spammer Threshold value to something really high like 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom