1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

@pineappledan

I am playing with 4UC mod. Indonesia has a special building that gives one extra unique luxury. So in these island scenarios don't you think Indonesia should get a luxury count at least under the city ?Otherwise is such a waste not cool. Nor getting a count beneath the city naturally, nor getting a count with the unique building.

2. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

I should really stay up to date on these issues. Had no idea Avast bought AVG. I've used Avast for 15 years so lol just never bothered changing. Will definitely think about it now.

CyberPhy likes this.
  3. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Wow. Just built Candi in my city and the unique resource was placed in Montezuma's territory ?!? So many issues are not right with Indonesia.

@pineappledan

4. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Candi is a base Vox Populi building by the way, not a 4UC building. And yes, sometimes the resources will spawn outside of your territory (particularly the second one from the Candi). So if there is another civ's territory near to your city, the resource has a chance of spawning there.

What map are you playing on? I'm on Continents Plus and so far I've only seen one case of the resource not spawning at all. It's probably more likely with little islands. In my games it works at expected at least 95% of the time though. That's reasonable IMO.
    Here's an example of an Indonesia game I'm playing on Continents Plus. All resources have spawned correctly so far.

Spoiler :
    20200920231552_1.jpg

5. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Shouldn't all my cities get my Pantheon belief? Some don't - I think its related to cities built after I founded my religion.

\Skodkim

6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

It’s intentional. Cities founded after religion require spread to get any belief.

vyyt and skodkim like this.
  7. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

I play on Tectonic mapscript. The luxury spawns in general but on islands it has problems, like either not spawning under the city, or spawning in enemy territory. This is just not right, a gift for Montezuma. Yeas this happened after I built Candi which is another mod so people who don't play with it disregard. It is not sure if it is 4UC mod issue or in general Civ 5 engine handles Indonesia's ability inconsistently and in some cases with absurd results like the image below. Spoils the fun playing with Indonesia due to unpredictability and inconsistencies but I am sure Montezuma doesn't mind that.

First time I play with Indonesia and I am very disappointed.

Indonesia.jpg

Bromar1 likes this.
  8. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Another issue with Indonesia. It is 4UC mod so @pineappledan might be curious to know that the ocean tile improvement doesn't work correctly either. If you have 2 fishing boats and you built the special ocean improvement between them the extra enhancement applies only for one of them, even though it is placed between them. In general such improvements affect all nearby resources, examples like Kasbahs and others out there.

9. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

And another example of totally unfunctional Candi. Just built it in this city and nothing. Could have placed it either under the city or at the available location inside the territory where the workers are building a lumber mill to the west. But nothing. After I finish this game I will never touch Indonesia again. Full of inconsistencies.

Indonesia2.png

10. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I think one post, detailing your frustrations in a clear way, would suffice. This is now bordering on whining.

Moderator Action: Please do not characterize other forum members as "whining". That borders on trolling. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2020
    tommytoxen, Hinin, bigcat88 and 3 others like this.
  11. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Or at least keep your complaints to the relevant civ-specific thread so they don't clutter up general discussion. And again, the Candi is part of the base VP mod, not 4UC. I'm pretty sure the resource placement is as well. PDan is not at fault there.

By the way, posting full images takes up a lot of space. You can use the spoiler function around images so they don't take up half a page every time you want to post one.

Spoiler :
    sefrdgdht.PNG

Spoiler :
    sergdht.PNG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Kim Dong Un and 2506 like this.
  12. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Didn't you just a few posts above right in this thread asked me to post more issues with Indonesia ? I thought you said so. Anyways I posted these issues in Indonesia's thread.

13. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Cut it out Mr. Salty Bear. And take my advice, avoid Indonesia on naval island maps. Chances are you will run into these same issues and make these same posts trying to figure out why things don't work as expected. I don't have a Github account where I know bugs/issues can be posted to help the devs.

Moderator Action: If you have an issue with a post, please report it and staff will handle it. leif

14. salty mud

salty mud Deity

If I did, I'd try to go about it in a more constructive and respectful way than you are.

15. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Okay that's fine. I was just running into them one after another. I actually said there are issues with Indonesia yesterday but pineappledan questioned them. So he challenged me and I provided further evidence so he can really see there are multiple problems. This of course is in the interest of the game. Plus JamesNineLives asked me specifically in this thread to provide further evidence of issues with resource placements with Indonesia. As you can see, there is no shortage of problems with Indonesia.

16. 2506

2506 Warlord

Based on these posts and an earlier complaint you had that turned out to be your misunderstanding of the mod, it's pretty obvious that you're just learning how it all works. Which is fine. Asking questions is fine. But persistently arguing from a limited knowledge base doesn't add anything to the community as a whole.

Hinin, bigcat88, JLazeZ and 3 others like this.
  17. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Please stay on topic and discuss the issues with Indonesia's placement. I am not interested in generic consultations of personal nature. Many people raise many issues with the versions, all the time. Some discussions go for pages. Anyways ... totally uninterested in personal generic discussions and mentoring, especially out of topic. This is more akin to trolling when someone throws irrelevant comments, it is called baiting and derailing threads. So have a nice day and if you know the answer to these issues with Indonesia let us know.

Moderator Action: You are not a staff member, please report posts and allow staff to handle it. This is inappropriate. leif

18. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

There's a lot I'd like to say, but this is going nowhere. Let's please end this here and try to move on.

InkAxis and salty mud like this.
  19. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

None of this looks like bugs to me, @HixBozo. Indonesia doesn’t work the way you want it to or expect it to, but that doesn’t mean it’s broken.

4uc doesn’t change anything about Indonesia’s base components (Sumpah Palapa, Kris, Candi), except it’s gives Indonesia a coastal start bias and increases their naval flavor.

Further, Indonesia uses fully integrated code for all of his components, so any bug with Indonesia would strictly be a problem with VP’s DLL. The kampung giving :c5production:production to adjacent fishing boats is the exact same code that is used by Dutch polders you give :c5gold:gold to villages. So, if that is actually not working, then polders are also broken, and it is perfectly reasonable to discuss that here. You have not posted a picture of this issue with yields on tiles turned on, so no one can verify your claim. I have played Indonesia myself several times (Indonesia was my first and oldest addition to the 4UC mod), and have not come across anything I would consider a bug.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  20. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

I will post a picture of Kampungs in Indonesia's thread so stay tuned there. I see an issue with them, so maybe you can explain why.

I am positive I never said whose problem it is, 4UC mod or VP, I even suspect vanilla engine. But it is not important to me as long as can be fixed some day. It affects Candi and more broadly speaking the resource placement. I suspect vanilla engine handles that.