1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

I had it in one of my games in the previous builds of this patch, pretty in consistent but it's an instant restart for me.

2. skodkim

skodkim Deity

I'm not sure I would have noticed if it wasn't my own religion that was affected but the AI's. But it was pretty noticeable then. I quickly lost my religion entirely - while building up faith dir my second prophet. Shortly after getting this even my holy city lost my religion. Only managed to build one missionary or so but since I had no passive spread using it was a fruitless attempt anyway.

Anyway it should have been fixed, but not released. Since its dll I can't even do anything myself code wise. And I just don't feel like putting in hours of play just to scratch the game again due to the bug.

\Skodkim

Erikose and JamesNinelives like this.
  3. Patee

Patee Chieftain

I can confirm religion pressure bug.
    Mine religion had +1 pressure in the city closest to capital/holy city, where neighbour's religion had like +47/+55

4. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Yes, sounds very much like what I was/am experiencing.

Sorry, sorry, sorry for being pushy, but I really hope we can have a fix for this soon :-O

\Skodkim

Novntis and Erikose like this.
  5. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

For anyone wanting to play despite encountering the religious pressure bug, I recommend playing:
    - as Spain or the Celts or some other religious civ, or
    - as the opportunity to learn how to play against a dominant religious civ (let's say for example you start next to Spain). In that instance, when I know I'll struggle with hostile religious pressure all the time, I try to select a founder that works even if I only have it in my holy city (for example way of the pilgrim, divine inheritance or hero worship), religious buildings followers (first and foremost pagodas, and a 2nd religious building for my other follower), and lastly an enhancer that works even if I only have it in my holy city (zealotry, syncreticism or inquisition). You can do wonders with religion even if you don't have a dominant religion within your own cities.

6. skodkim

skodkim Deity

You can't counter the religious pressure bug. Tried that in a game and though I tried spreading my religion using Ingame Editor to give myself missionaries and free temples my religion was toast in a few turns. Even my Holy city. It's not just that your religious pressure is decreased by say 10-30 % - its more or less gone.

\Skodkim

7. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Are people getting all the bonuses from God of Commerce?

8. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Skodkim, in my recent game, my holy city was doing more or less normally, I only needed to purge it with an inquisitor every 40-60 turns, so not that often. I just had a game with way of the pilgrim, orders, pagodas and syncreticism where I used my missionaries to amass enough culture throughout the game for extra 5 or so social policies. So yes, the bug makes the game harder, but you can "work around" it and still be very competitive. It's not that different to playing a small-tradition game against a 10-city Spanish neighbour that picked orthodoxy - you can learn to adjust to a neighbour with overwelming religious pressure and win the game.

9. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hmm, in seeing a 40-50 pressure holy city losing it's religion in e.g. 20 turns. 0-1 pressure from it in adjacent cities

\Skodkim

10. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Ok, that's worse than in my recent game(s), that is quite tough to lose it every 20 turns. I agree, that makes it borderline unplayable, unless you take inquisition enhancer.

11. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Can you share the starting turn save or a save from just before you founded your religion? I'd like to give it a try.

12. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Sorry - I use a number of other mods (not religion/bug related) so....
    \Skodkim

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  13. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

14. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

I had some break from civ 5 and now I cannot find changelog for 9-8 beta. What was changed? Any Wonders or Promotions?

15. maxf

maxf Chieftain

I think that value of resources should scale with era. From 3-5 gpt in first two eras to 21-35 in last.

SwirlSlayer likes this.
  16. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

we’re in testing on some changes right now. Tough to get things coordinated

Novntis, Erikose and JamesNinelives like this.
  17. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

I think that's definitely on the high end, they shouldn't be paying 10+ GPT for a single horse in the Renaissance Era.

I don't think AIs should be consistently paying for strategics, unless they have a UU that depends on it or something. I think lower prices are good, even if they feel a little paltry sometimes. After all, you usually can make do without strategics, or obtain them from city-states before you have to trade. Most AIs get their hands on at least some strategics anyway.

18. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

If i remember correctly there used to be a notification when an AI gets bribed to DoW on you but i don't seem to get it anymore even though i get DoWed by a lot of AIs that are bribed to do so.
    May i ask why was it removed and if there is a way to bring it back?

19. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

The Faith and Gold in Capital after second City is founded isn't working for me. Maybe time for me to clean the cache.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  20. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

It hasn't been removed. You only get the notification if you have a spy in the right AI capital.