New Beta Version - August 19th (8/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New beta version inbound. Is the same as @Recursive's latest hotfix 6, with the latest promo icons from @Asterix Rage included.

My apologies for my absence lately, it's been a complex summer! I'm getting back into the swing of things, however.

Cheers,
G

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xqehdyFNug70jCScidqMqv87OOj1G10G

Welcome back! :)

In addition to the changelog for 8-12 with Hotfix #6, there is now an option to hide all opinion modifiers in DiploAIOptions.sql, for those who want to add challenge or feel the list breaks their immersion (someone requested this).

Excellent news! Were you able to fix the issue (probably in the non-EUI DLL) preventing notifications from appearing? Bug reports related to it have been uploaded by others to the Github; my own research on the issue can be found here.

Awesome news! I haven't gotten to planes in the 8-12 beta yet but in the previous patches I've noticed the AI rarely uses the fighter line of units. I'd happily be a test dummy for some tweaks in this area, but I'm not sure which lines of code refer to the fighter line.

- does MilitaryAIStrategy_need_antiair refer to building planes, or the SAM line?

- same question for flavor_antiair

- does flavor_air refer to both lines of planes, just the bomber line, or planes and the guided missile line?

Any idea why my improvement tooltips are making completely ludicrous claims about what they'll do?

Spoiler :

I've also had my farms claiming +5:c5food:+1:c5production:. The actual yields when finished are correct, so it seems to be a purely visual bug. Seems to be confined to my coastal cities, near as I can tell.

EDIT: Another example.
Spoiler :

EDIT2: lol
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Welcome back Gazebo!

Recursive, you have done an amazing job with your hotfixes.

The separation of options for the community has been a godsend for tweaking to find a specific balance for conditional playthroughs in the future :)

Question as I can't see if this was in my mind or not, was someone submitting to capitulation while still in control of their capital still count towards domi victory for the master?
That being said having alot of fun with denmark but having to restart cause no iron is annoying lol. I really recommend either removing the requirement so that only if you have iron early will you get to train them ahead of time (as swordsman are the only unit that can promote into them) or maybe changing the runestone as to enable this? (i really love runestone though as is).
As is they seem really hit or miss to a unfair degree by gating them from their UU because of rng.

Edit: Also, this could be done through bog iron ore extraction that was extracted from wetland areas i.e. lakes, marshes, and rivers could enable deposits by tying it a UB or something or the other im just throwing ideas out. https://www.dandebat.dk/eng-dk-historie10.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: 4CV
I really recommend either removing the requirement so that only if you have iron early will you get to train them ahead of time (as swordsman are the only unit that can promote into them)
Somewhat off-topic here, what about the notion of moving the iron requirement to the UU instead of the base swordsman?

Question as I can't see if this was in my mind or not, was someone submitting to capitulation while still in control of their capital still count towards domi victory for the master?

It's intended to, but I'm not certain that it's functioning correctly.

It's intended to, but I'm not certain that it's functioning correctly.

I think all vassals should count towards domination. If I'm so freaking awesome that people are coming to me and asking to be my vassal, is that not still dominating them/the world? Why should it matter how they got under my thumb?

I think all vassals should count towards domination. If I'm so freaking awesome that people are coming to me and asking to be my vassal, is that not still dominating them/the world? Why should it matter how they got under my thumb?

They're intended to; what I mean is that I suspect it's currently bugged.

Also, welcome to CivFanatics! :)

bumping this, just because the previous hotfixed version is over this one, while the latest patch is halfway down the front page

Okay, so barbarians have felt like... a little much, since I started playing again last week. I thought maybe I just needed to re-adjusted to VP and whatever changes they had made, and maybe I do, but...

Spoiler :

Not pictured: at least ten brutes all hunting around in that jungle, and two other nearby encampments that were already cleared. Even Israel's love for eating barbs doesn't seem like quite enough to poke that hornet's nest.

I've started a couple of games on this version and finding the Barbarians a bit more numerous but with the right defensive play and going after their camps earlier it still feels tuned very well. If the City States would attack the units a bit more that would feel more realistic. Still, I really enjoy the fun mini game of the Barbs.

Okay, so barbarians have felt like... a little much, since I started playing again last week. I thought maybe I just needed to re-adjusted to VP and whatever changes they had made, and maybe I do, but...

Spoiler :

Not pictured: at least ten brutes all hunting around in that jungle, and two other nearby encampments that were already cleared. Even Israel's love for eating barbs doesn't seem like quite enough to poke that hornet's nest.

Is it communitas_79? I can tell you in certain map settings and conditiosn barb numbers can be quite high on certain starts.

Is it communitas_79? I can tell you in certain map settings and conditiosn barb numbers can be quite high on certain starts.

It is, yeah. Feels worse than it used to be, but maybe that's all in my head. :crazyeye:

It is, yeah. Feels worse than it used to be, but maybe that's all in my head. :crazyeye:

My money is its all in your head. I have seen several games with absolute swarms of barbs in games several versions ago, and sometimes I'll go through several games with nothing much. Its a highly variable situation, so its more likely observer bias than anything actually changed.

Raising the sea level improved that a lot for me.

Looks normal. It's a huge jungle after all with limited visibility, and camps only spawn in the fog of war.

Recursive brought it up in another thread, but there should be a better versioning system.

@Gazebo This version could have been made as an official version, unlike any other version you *knew* when posting it there weren't as many bugs because it had already been playtested and hotfixed.

But in future, we don't have the luxury of knowing whether a version will be bug free. So, I think the "Official Version" tag should be added retroactively, or a new post/version can be made after the dust has settled with the hot fixes with no code changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom