1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - February 18th (2-18)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Feb 19, 2020.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

First impressions :
    • Holy, the 4 CS archers are one shot by literally every single unit that is not warrior! ... a 50 HP spearman attacking my archer on hill and killing it in one attack ..... my spears tearing through archers while taking negligible damage .... they are not even doing outstanding damage anymore .... pretty much they are built to get upgraded to composites the moment yo unlock mathematics.
    • Founding a religion without using a religion-focused civ is extremely difficult on emperor i have not tried immortal yet, in the two games i started as japan i built shrine first and i was the 8th and the 7th to get a pantheon respectively .... the last try using Japan i managed to found the third religion after Spain and Carthage using god of commerce I still think it's the ideal pantheon for founding if you are playing progress, 4 or 5 cities will always get you a religion.
    • Annulling pledge of protection de to lack of sufficient military strength makes the CS treats you like you attacked them, sets the resting influence to -20 and the CS stops giving quests for like 40 turns .... i have never had this issue before.

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I can’t hear your complaints while swimming in my gold coin pool. Begone peasant.

G

Viralvoid, WarDude76, Hinin and 15 others like this.
  3. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

No wonder Enginseer left your crap project. More to follow fella

4. Arthur Jama

Arthur Jama Chieftain

*Uses level 1 spy to steal G's entire gold pool in a single turn*

WarDude76, SupTo, Voremonger and 13 others like this.
  5. ASCII Guy

ASCII Guy Chieftain

Being hostile when requesting something doesn't lead to anything. It just makes the developers not want to work on the mod anymore.
    Questions like this are quickly answered in the Quick Questions / Quick Answers thread. You don't have to stay wondering.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-questions-quick-answers.573489/

6. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

At least, it doesn't work unless you have military force to back it up. Otherwise...DEMAND_RESPONSE_REFUSE_TOO_WEAK

WarDude76, Hinin, Skidizzle and 9 others like this.
  7. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

3 VS 1 ganging ..... this is a good example of how January beta diplomacy was in the renaissance era and the kind of diplomacy that i don't want to see in the game anymore.

8. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

He always answers serious questions with sarcasm and narcissistically like that. Sight to see.

9. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I see no one took my Official Medical Advice(TM) of taking some kitten time and some brown liquor seriously.

10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Liquor is bad for your liver, Mr Medical advices! ... i advice replacing it with wine for the +2 :c5faith: on monopoly

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Moderator Action: Stop trolling and be more respectful to the work of modders next time
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

12. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Fair point. I am now officially deputizing you as a doctor.

It's a little known fact that doctors can make other doctors, sort of like knights. Med school is a scam.

13. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Why not learn the code, decipher the rules, and update the civolopedia yourself? Be the change you want to see. It's a win for everyone. You get your updated, accurate rules. The devs have more time to make the game better. We get a forum that doesn't have your whiny posts.

14. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Dogpiling? Moi? Nonsense.

I was merely trying to make my recent diplomatic actions please @ASCII Guy, so as to increase his DealLeewayPercentWithAI value, enabling me to trade my Whales for his Salt without adding an extra 1 GPT on my side of the deal.

My empire needs it to preserve our stores of whale meat, and I'm a cheapskate! A very cunning diplomatic strategy on my part, except for the part where I'm openly telling him my plan. :shifty:

Note: It isn't always a bad strategy for the diplo AI to gang up on a single player, the problem was that it was always targeting the human for non-strategic reasons (poor strength estimate and some other issues) and going a little too far with it. :)

CyberPhy and JamesNinelives like this.
  15. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

We're out of brown liquor but the kitty and I are straight chilling on this new beta :smoke:

Guynemer and JamesNinelives like this.
  16. MEGADOLLAR

MEGADOLLAR Chieftain

If you so tough why do you make 100 betas ?

Biteinthemark told you that you have no plan at all. A person starts first with the rules and only then makes a beta around those rules. Not like you making 100 betas and no rules mess.

Peasant

Gazebo likes this.
  17. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Immortal AI absolutely wrecked me. Medieval weapons when I had only 11 techs. Even if I didn't lose that war I don't think I had a chance though, I just can't catch up in anything really. Authority seems like the only option to me. Maybe India with some stupid pantheon can snowball?

Stalker did a good job explaining, I'll just add that one of the appeals of VP is the constant difficulty curve, not just overcoming the initial hurdles. These patches have big initial hurdles.

To be honest I don't think the instant yields on settle would be that bad if you removed culture from it. It is what really snowballs. I really don't being a tech behind, and I'm always going to have a smaller population. It also seems like tradition is more OP than the others when you get it on turn 1.

18. Balint2

Balint2 Chieftain

In my first Immortal game this patch im pretty solid with England
    Im like 5 techs behind the the AI at turn 230 and doing pretty good in votes (actually best with 14) pop\production too having finished most of my building in my cities

But wonders are super hopeless to get legit it seems 2 me (I even went tradition for the fast early policies cuz I wanted the great lighthouse but the AI beat me to it it by like 15 turns)

Overall still seems much easier than prev version diety
    Especially that my units are not getting oneshot by cities

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  19. andersw

andersw King

Recurring crashes in early game, I've posted on github.

WarDude76 and JamesNinelives like this.
  20. Balint2

Balint2 Chieftain

Dude are you serious? What are you talking about? What plan lol? Also G doesnt even take donations. He literally said just donate to charity instead. I strongly doubt he makes a considerable ammount of money from this.. addressing you seriously.
    And if you are trolling just stop please.

CyberPhy, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.