1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - June 14th (6/14)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Maybe, they use Segways? ;)

2. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Human Being Supporter

The tech tree interface only supports up to 5 items per tech. As far as I know, that's hardcoded and there isn't a way around it.

3. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

I think the AI could do a better job moving around his ships out of harms way. I quite often find that he puts his ships in range of my ranged units and get himself killed. I can see that he somewhat tries to avoid it, but more often than not, he contradicts himself and just unnecessarily moves a unit to die like in this picture where his low health corvette decides to let himself die against my musketeer.
    upload_2018-7-12_12-9-0.png

I'd probably never would have taken this city without a navy myself, if he didn't let a ton of ships die like this.

Asterix Rage likes this.
  4. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes Chieftain

I have not read the whole thread, yo apologies if it has been brought up already.

I really like the additional writing slot for amphitheatres, as the ratio of art/writing slots was off before.
    However, I think the theming bonus should be lowered slightly, as the optimization routine currently prefers to fill those before wonders, which I think shouldn't be the case.

5. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Chieftain

@Der_Zorn_gottes I don't think it was discussed here, but Pineappledan and others had a good long discussion about rebalancing all of the theming bonuses in the recent Theming Bonus thread in the Balance forum. So it's definitely a known balance concern. :thumbsup:

6. black213

black213 Chieftain

Notice me senpai @Gazebo :)

7. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

Venice is unique, and so not the best example. Speaking generally, though, I know what you mean. My guess is that achieving this sweet spot is way too complicated.

As far as the AI making demands, you're absolutely right. I think this was inadvertently lost -- maybe with "afraid" adjustments? Regardless, it should be much more prominent than it is now.

black213 likes this.
  8. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

They would rather die than submit.

tu_79 and vyyt like this.
  9. black213

black213 Chieftain

It could be as simple as letting the AI capitulate, regardless of the war score, if they're about to be killed off, like in my example.

10. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

Always? Shouldn't there at least be a small chance that they will rather fight till bitter end than submit?

11. black213

black213 Chieftain

Yes, sure. Perhaps the leader's boldness could have an effect on that.

12. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Yeah if last city is projected to fall in a few turns AI should be willing to capitulate. I agree that it's annoying and pointless when they don't. It's not even good for you as a player unless you want to give them back most of their cities as your vassal either, because of the negative modifier the other AIs get towards you for having vassals.

black213 likes this.
  13. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Chieftain

Yeah, i had multiple games where i had to wait 30-40 turns not making peace deal and not attacking because i was waiting for Medieval Era to start. I knew that i will not be able to get that magic warscore 100 again because defeated AI will not have enough units for that

14. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Which is why I dislike the medieval era for starting vassals since vassalage even existed in the classical era (See Ancient China for example where a number of "bloodline" states pledged loyalty to a stronger state that deserved the mandate of heaven and overthrow them when the mandate of heaven is lost to that stronger state. It's also really simple to change it to classical era as well, but I'm not one to ask for that.

P.S. if you want European examples, you could argue classical Greek city-states like Sparta and Athens(although to a lesser degree) used their allies like vassals as they taxed them and provided them protection in the same essence.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Hinin and Owlbebach like this.
  15. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

I think we all have some of that frustration, but my fear is that it's too easy to vassalize a neighbor in Classical, if you decide going in that this is your strategy.

16. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Chieftain

It is so much more interesting to wait 30 turns trying NOT to kill him and NOT to loose 100 warscore! (it is not)

17. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Human Being Supporter

I'm a bit confused, so it is not not. So it is? I'm just confirming because sarcasm doesn't sometimes work well on text (doesn't not).

vyyt likes this.
  18. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Chieftain

Yes it was sarcasm (it wasn't was not)

vyyt and ryanmusante like this.
  19. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

[SARCASM] It requires proper html tagging [/SARCASM]

vyyt and Wasteland_Wanderer like this.
  20. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Chieftain

Hmm...you could always brutally murder him and all of his people like an uncivilized pre-Medieval Era brute? :)

In all seriousness, I agree, if their last city is about to fall, I think they should capitulate.

And the no-vassals-before-Medieval thing is relatable, I usually wait before going to war if I can to avoid that situation.