New Civs [Suggestion/Request]

Custom quotes would be great!

Impact? sheer size and resources.
UU avro arrow-best jet of its time
UB hockey rink
these are already included in the canada civ mod on these forums
UP peacekeeping or something along those lines maybe a bonus to relations with leaders?

uhv 1 control alaska before america
uhv 2 keep up with americas pop
uhv 3 be top 3 in production by 2000
These are some suggestions

Try to move discussion here. You gained my interest, although I still believe Canada won't be inserted and shouldn't be inserted to the game.

Adding Canada will add Canadian/USA conflicts in the game. So this can be an interesting UP.

UP: Peaceful indepedence: Share friendly or pleased relations with neighbours.

Neighbours can be through land or sea borders, so this definition includes USA and England and France as well. The UP applies to the neighbours and to Canada itsself (well, the AI, because the human is an other story). Human can't declare war to neighbours as well.

Impact: sports, so it is a good idea for UB and goal

UB: Stadium/Sports stadium: (replaces amphitheatre) +1), +1:health:, +1:hammers:

Most Canadian land is unsettable, so this could be a good idea for UU. Canadians are famous for not involving in war themselves, so a military UU isn't appropriate.
UU: Ice settler: (replaces settler) Can settle on tundra and ice.

What should Canada achieve? Winning a competition with USA. Something about Sports and an unhistorical goal. Something peacekeaping comes in mind.

UHV:
1st: Control 8 stadiums and an olympic park by 1895AD.
2nd: Control more population and land than USA in 1920AD.
Given that Canada can't declare war on USA the above is a harder goal than usual.
3rd: Make sure there are no wars in the world by 1970AD.
Given Canada can't declare war on USA and England the above will lead Canada to take the part of USA and England, and eliminate the rival.

Could they spawn as really strong independants - so that they would be very difficult to conquer but hold desirable map resources (and fill up the map)? I don't think they warrant "civ" status.

Hmm, I want to ask a question to Leoreth.

Do you considering about adding Canadian and Australian civilization?
I don't know if it makes sense to answer this question.

I'm considering lots of things. But I have to prioritize which of these things I can actually do.

hey Leoreth can please add a Caribbean country?
reason:it always fill empty and plus its the only place that you will never encounter spawn or respawn so its the best place to colonize

I think that would be too underpowered. If they spawn on Cuba they would have only 4 land tiles, and not enough :hammers: to grow before europeans conquerors.

I suggested in wrong thread :)

As for the civs:
- australia would be nice, and imho would work great... no idea about unique powers, historical victory...
- imho it would be nice to have some of the siberian khanats to pop up possibly after the mongolians collapse to take over
- carribean country i don't think there is enough of space for this, and there is already plenty new civs in the south / central africa

well what about a strong united island nation?
Spawn:1795 on Hawaii
UP: The power of air and navy:all air and sea units gain :hammers: bonus
UB: Dock:replaces harbor and grants extra trade route and 15% :commerce:
UU: Any ideas?
UHV:
1st: control 10 islands(Japan,UK and Australia doesn't count)until 1930
2nd: Do not allow any civilization control an island in 1990
3rd: Do not lose a city until 1959

There's a guide already, so maybe you guys can try for yourself :)
Feel free to bug Leoreth at his Modmodding Q&A Thread if you find any difficulties.

Anyway, VGL, looking from your post count, Welcome to the DoC Community!

Top Bottom