Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Kinda =/

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I dont know :p

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Alpha Killer II

My avatar is a insigna...
Well have anyone been noticing those weird songs that mix up techno/rap (Example(s): "Stronger" -- Kayne West, and "I got it from my momma" -- I dont know :lol:) but there are seeming to be more and more of them and less and less of rap/RnB songs (Im not sure about rock, I dont listen to alot of it) does this mean there is another new music genre starting up?
well..?

I don't like techno or rap!

So it naturally follows I won't like it.

:installs logic-proof software on computer:

Well Kanye totally murdered that Daft Punk song. In general I think American Hip Hop has been going down hill for a while. Especially with the whole krunk/hyphy scene.

There are a few bright spots but, ...... not on the radio.

As far as becoming a little more electronic, if it goes down the path that UK hip hop went down then I think we would be moving in the right direction.

As it stands now I don't even listen to my top 40 stations.

techno rap? let's see some youtube examples

i mean hear

Why would you ever listen to that crap anyway? :)

They are not bad .... okay the spanish top 40 (rock,pop) is not so bad.
The Rn'B - Hip Hop top 40 stations are pretty much just straight up pants.

i thank people are getting a bit tired of gangsta rap, but a new era? No, cause it's still popular but there are new good things going on in France at the moment so..;

"I don't know :p"

but, I'd be more likely to say...

God, I hope not.

"Stronger" -- Kanye West
First of all - that song is a piece of crap and a mockery of the original. With that out of the way, let's note that the Daft Punk song is awsome.

Second that song doesn't even have techno music in it.

Third - even Daft Punk as a band is not quite techno. If you want to tag it with a music genre then say it's house or smthing (even tho that's not entirely true either). However it seems very easy to make techno remixes of their songs.

You should've said electronic music which (IMHO) reffers to a very wide assortment of music sub-genres.

EDIT: lovely poll results

You guys need some good country because rap completely sucks. Rock is pretty good so long as you stay away from anything sounding like rap.

Never heard of Pop Will Eat Itself? Rap/Electro-Pop/Dance/Rock by skinny white brummies? Their "Cure for Sanity" album is very dance-oriented and was out around Italia 90, in fact, they claimed "Touched by the hand of Cicciolina" was an unofficial world cup theme song. They had been going for 3 albums before that though.

At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be TIME TO GET UGLY!

I don't listen to music that hasn't aged 30 years. I'm no snob, I just know what I like.

Techno-rap? :thumbsdown:

I once read an article which said Hawkwinds "In Search of Space" album was the first techno album (I think it was 1973/4 or something). Basically repetitive music for people on drugs to dance to. I think Lemmy of Motorhead fame played the bass on that album too (not sure about that though, I know he went out with the naked dancer who featured in their stage show at the time and was definitely around the band at that time). I think they still had Dik Mik on "electronics" on that album.

But I think Kraftwerk have to count as the first techno band. They have been going an awfully long time too (since 1970 in fact).

Despite the fact that I like techno, Rap is ******ed by definition, so no.

I don't think there's been a significant revolution in music since the late 80s.

Techno and rap are the devil.

i like kanye

i love daft punk

stronger doesnt do it for me. but this is pointless, people arent talking about this "new sound" so it's not gonna stick, more than likely.

Top Bottom