New Tech Tree Playtesting + Feedback

CvPlayer.cpp starting from line 5878, in canTrain().

There's an overflow bug happening in Wien in this game

Attachments

• Montezuma AD-1610 Turn 303.CivBeyondSwordSave
    975.5 KB · Views: 44
Do you also have any previous saves from that game?

Where do I disable this worker limit? I personally think for small civs the time required to improve the empire will be short anyways and for most larger empire barbs and near-constant warfare in the late game make this unnecessary.

The limit will also significantly inhibit economies from bouncing back after being crippled by improvement destruction caused by barbarian/enemy pillaging, or even random events. I think maybe 2 per city will do at the most?

As I said, it's just one of the many solutions I'm testing to make it harder to be maxed out on improvements. I'd like to test it like this for a while, if other approaches prove to be sufficient I can easily disable the rule or make it more lenient.

Too bad :/

It isn't, I have made a note.

New updates:
- adjusted the civics AI
- work boats do not count as workers

Why are slaves included within the Worker limit? The opposite seems to make more sense to me?

I also came to the same conclusion, I'll change that when implementing the new slave ideas.

Also, I found the bug that caused Orthodoxy to spread all over Western Europe. In short, I tried to implement a rule where Catholicism could spread like Protestantism in all areas where Protestantism spreads more easily than Catholicism, before Protestantism is founded (Orthodoxy gets the same deal with Catholicism before the schism), but accidentally gave the benefit to Orthodoxy instead. Still testing the fix but it should be up soon.

(I implemented this in this branch for no good reason, but since I'll merge soon anyways that doesn't matter much.)

Also, I found the bug that caused Orthodoxy to spread all over Western Europe. In short, I tried to implement a rule where Catholicism could spread like Protestantism in all areas where Protestantism spreads more easily than Catholicism, before Protestantism is founded (Orthodoxy gets the same deal with Catholicism before the schism), but accidentally gave the benefit to Orthodoxy instead. Still testing the fix but it should be up soon.

(I implemented this in this branch for no good reason, but since I'll merge soon anyways that doesn't matter much.)
And it's up!

Looks like I missed that while rebasing, will fix.

The branch is merged into develop now.

Has the palace commerce overflow bug been fixed already? I assume that's the overflow bug some have mentioned earlier. It's a game wrecker, especially since you can't catch it right away unless you notice someone's way too ahead of tech, and even if you fix it through WB it returns after a few turns.

(Or maybe I can move this question to the bug reports thread since this is already merged into develop? :))

Either is fine. I still could not fix it because I need a save where it occurs first, as I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. I don't even need a save where it first appears, it's sufficient if it reproducibly reoccurs in a city.

Could the Palace overflow be connected to lines 10963-10973 of CvPlayer.cpp? (@ void CvPlayer::setCapitalCity() )
When the palace moves, the commerce of the building changes. But there is no check if the civ is running Tributaries or Colonialism, so IIRC, it will always change the commerce of the new palace.

I haven't looked at the code, but that wouldn't explain the frequency with which the error seems to occur. Capitals are moved very rarely.

Top Bottom