New Tech Tree Playtesting + Feedback

Now that Crossbowman are the defending units instead of Longbowman, the Longbowman in Rome in the 600 AD scenario (possibly other cities as well) should change to Crossbowman.

Quick question: why doesn't the Weaver building give a bonus for silk?

I think because Markets still do, let me think about that.

Noted, I think starting civics are off in a couple of instances. Please report if you run into other cases, it helps me make more targeted fixed without having to start up every single civ.
Okay, after starting up all starts, I have compiled the following list of tech/civic conflicts:

3000 BC:
Phoenicia - City States without Tradition
Rome - City States without Tradition
Maya - Pantheon without Divination
Byzantium - Theocracy without Theology (WARNING - giving them Theology will make them auto-found Islam)
Vikings - Vassalage without Feudalism

600 AD:
Japan - Absolutism without Civil Service
Arabia - Fanaticism without Clergy, Vassalage without Feudalism
Tibet - Theocracy without Theology

1700 AD:
England: Representation (Civic) without Representation (Tech)
Argentina: Autocracy without Journalism
Colombia: Autocracy without Journalism

In addition, when the Inca respawn as Peru, they only have three techs.

Okay, after starting up all starts, I have compiled the following list of tech/civic conflicts:

3000 BC:
Phoenicia - City States without Tradition
Rome - City States without Tradition
Maya - Pantheon without Divination
Byzantium - Theocracy without Theology (WARNING - giving them Theology will make them auto-found Islam)
Vikings - Vassalage without Feudalism

600 AD:
Japan - Absolutism without Civil Service
Arabia - Fanaticism without Clergy, Vassalage without Feudalism
Tibet - Theocracy without Theology

1700 AD:
England: Representation (Civic) without Representation (Tech)
Argentina: Autocracy without Journalism
Colombia: Autocracy without Journalism

In addition, when the Inca respawn as Peru, they only have three techs.
Wow, that's very thorough, thanks for making the effort!

Russian UHV1(7 cities in Siberia) doesn't finished in 1700AD Scenerio in Victory Condition Screen.

Spoiler :
Weird, they should start with it completed, the new tech tree shouldn't have any effect here. Noted.

Indonesia : the orang laut comes too late (cartography) to be used for the UHV, compass would be better.

I just included all the changes to develop (i.e. the normal mod with the old techs) here, which should include some fixes but nothing else noticeable. If something went wrong, please let me know.

Note to git novices: your pull may be rejected, try to do a force pull (depending on if your tool gives you the option) or delete the branch and pull it again.

I'll address the feedback from this thread next.

New updates:
- fixed UHV tech goal descriptions
- wonders only grant buildings to valid locations
- reduced Turkish tech speed
- fixed Babylonian tech goal display
- added missing Marine Reserve art
- fixed pink building buttons on city tooltip
- Orchards can be built on Rainforests with Bloomery now (like Plantations)
- fixed Incan UB

Expect more later today!

I'm not familiar enough with TortoiseGit, but here's a guide on how to delete branches. You need to delete your local branch, skip the part about remote branches. After that, simply fetch and switch to the hrtechs branch again as I have described in the initial post.

New updates:
- corrected units in the 600 AD scenario
- Rome starts with Tradition
- Autocracy requires Nationalism
- corrected starting civics for available techs in all scenarios
- fixed Russian first UHV Siberian colonies goal display
- Orang Laut requires Compass

New update: rebalanced tech costs across all eras

I somewhat increased the costs of classical techs and significantly increased them for ancient techs. Costs for Renaissance, Industrial, Global and Digital era techs were reduced to progressively larger degrees. I hope you give it a go and share if the balance works better now.

New update:
- changed Guilds construction bonus from Grocer to Pharmacy
- changed Harappan UHV description from Baths to Reservoirs
- new Babylonian UP: receives a free tech after discovering the first four techs

Babylonian UHV1 can't count in latest version.

Unfortunately I can't enter CFC on my PC today(don't know why) so I post on my mobile phone, I can't upload saves here. You can find it on my pictures, I discover calender and contract first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 304
New updates:
- religions can only be founded by controlling a city in the core region for that religion
- fixed first to discover UHV goals

Another new bug:

Now when AI discover the UHV tech before human player, there is no message display to remind it, also no failed display in victory info.

I find it when play Babylonia
Do you have a save with this situation? When I give China Arithmetics through the console, the Babylonian first goal immediately fails.

Do you have a save with this situation? When I give China Arithmetics through the console, the Babylonian first goal immediately fails.
Pity that I can't upload saves from my PC. Seems there some problem on my network, I can only browse on my PC. I'm trying solve it.

Top Bottom