Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s at least an improvement over the motherland calls’ free police station and -1 unhappiness.

I think you underestimate the free police station. It allowed you to skip all the techs that lead to police station and still pick up the National Intelligence Agency (which is the real prize for having a police station). You could get the NIA a good bit faster than any of the other ideologies which leads to a pretty sizable bonus. I found it quite useful.

Now the +33% armor bonus is certainly stronger....whether its better we will see.

Ironclads have 5 move, Missile Cruisers have 6. Is there a good reason for Destroyers being slower than Ironclads at 4 move?

Battleships also have 5 move. Cruisers have 4.
Eh fair point, I hadn't thought about the relative speeds of other ships in a while.

Version 1.2.1 posted. Link in OP updated.

Changelog:
Code:
Trained Units can now move immediately again
Spy success notifications are now only sent to the city owner and the spy owner, not everybody else
Expansion bickering "pissy range" reduced by 1 tile across the board (now 5-7)
Cities closer to the other player's capital than the AI's closest city are ignored for expansion bickering
Karlstejn now uses a regular s in the name since the game doesn't render the special one properly - also corrected "Orders" to "Order"
Fixed a database error
Fixed typo in Motherland Calls text
Fixed typo in Raider promotion text

Online as of 5:09 PM CST. Savegame compatible.

Did this also fix the AI always offering deals to other AI before the human player?
So it's been mentioned that it doesn't directly fix it, but I think it indirectly does. I'm still in the middle of my first game on the version, so looking at an n of 1, but trading in that one game has been remarkably different. The AIs always have luxuries available, and they're buying and selling strategics at consistent and sensible prices so far. I've actually been gifted multiple luxuries in the classical era.

Last edited:
This is an incredible patch notes list, even more-so as it's just a point change on an existing mod, when there's enough content here for it to be a mod in it's own right. Amazing work and thank you!

@Recursive is CustomModsOptions.xml the correct file to change for Alternative Difficulty?

You need to actually install Milae's mod or it won't work. This just removes the need to use a different DLL.

From what I can see - this is quite the major update, isn't it?
At the same time - I see some nerfs

- Removed >10,000 lines by replacing all the icky Firaxis code with macros
This part will be pretty good - I suppose this puts less stress on your ram? I'd download but I'm too exhausted, - any differences ya'll notice while playing with this patch?

Is it just me or does anyone else experience a CTD on start with this patch? Have tried running VP with no mods, but still can't get a game started. Clearing the cache and reinstalling also to no avail.

Running the 43 Civs installation if that matters.

**EDIT** Seems to only happen when I run a game with 43 civs total. Same exact settings with 42 works just fine.

Last edited:
Man everyone who's played this for a long time knew there was something iffy about how the AI treated eachother and how they treated human players. Unbelievable work that you managed to find it after all this time. It is incredible how a mod of a more than 10 year old game is so vibrant and makes such strides to this day

An issue not just from this release but already in 1.0.3 is that in cities on a lake, may even be just 1 tile, I can build lighthouse, harbor and also cargo ships. Seems to count as costal city.

From what I can see - this is quite the major update, isn't it?
At the same time - I see some nerfs

- Removed >10,000 lines by replacing all the icky Firaxis code with macros
This part will be pretty good - I suppose this puts less stress on your ram? I'd download but I'm too exhausted, - any differences ya'll notice while playing with this patch?

Mostly bugfixes, not balance changes - but fixing the bugs did nerf the AI to AI deals (also exploitative vassalage by humans).

It does reduce RAM consumption a bit, yes, and there might be a slight performance buff as well, but mostly it was to make it easier to modify. Previously it was a giant mess.

Is it just me or does anyone else experience a CTD on start with this patch? Have tried running VP with no mods, but still can't get a game started. Clearing the cache and reinstalling also to no avail.

Running the 43 Civs installation if that matters.

**EDIT** Seems to only happen when I run a game with 43 civs total. Same exact settings with 42 works just fine.

I tested a game with 43 civs earlier and encountered no crash. Bug report?

Man everyone who's played this for a long time knew there was something iffy about how the AI treated eachother and how they treated human players. Unbelievable work that you managed to find it after all this time. It is incredible how a mod of a more than 10 year old game is so vibrant and makes such strides to this day

I'm really happy we finally pinned down the issue. It's been plaguing us for literal years and was responsible for nonsensical bribed wars and some of the "AI declaring war on vassal" bugs as well.

An issue not just from this release but already in 1.0.3 is that in cities on a lake, may even be just 1 tile, I can build lighthouse, harbor and also cargo ships. Seems to count as costal city.

Yeah, this is intended.

Just wanted to shout out huge kudos to everyone involved and participated in this particular version release!
Apart from all other improvements/bug fixes - the removal of unnecessary code actually did improved performance of the game in terms of processing and RAM usage.

Great stuff, probably the best release so far since I found this gem of a mod.

:bowdown:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom