1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 12th (1/12)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 13, 2017.

1. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

2. nelletto

nelletto Chieftain

Hi Gazebo, i've made this mod to work in multiplayer with MPMP tool but we have a lot of resyncs (up to one per turn), it's possible to "fix" that?
    Sorry if its a dumb question but im new to this forum :)

3. ashendashin

ashendashin King

It's more like there were too many vulnerable civs that would just sit around waiting to be conquered. Yes, there was some desire to slow things down a bit. Personally, I've had too many games where a simple 20 turn blitz would end with me essentially winning the game. That said, I've never seen as many DPs as you have, so to me this was a genuine problem and it turned out I wasn't alone in that.
    At the moment there does seem to be a bit too many DoFs and DPs could possibly be too centered around specific civs. I will agree that things are a bit messy right now(pretty cool with 43 civs though)

4. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I made a modpack with Flag Promotions added and only have 1 resync in 140 turns WITH Barbarians and Ancient Ruins and EUI. (Standard map, epic speed, Tectonic map script.)

If resyncs are common then try turning off barbs, turning off ancient ruins and/or using a smaller map.

It's unlikely that you'll ever get 0 resyncs, but I think everyone is okay with 1 or 2 minor ones.

5. peterw1987

peterw1987 Prince

This happen to one of my game. Russia is leading in score, and suddenly greece & rome ganking up on her totally eliminated here out of the map. After that, greece became leading, and somehow, rome and assyria swallow the whole out of greece. Poland while peaceful, slowly eaten up by his neighbor indonesia.
    This left me with 1 very powerful rome owning almost 50% of map, indonesia roughly 25 percent, and me & assyria the other 25%. I play tall peacefully with 4 city thou.
    After i finished manhataan project, they start to beware of me. And when i finished my apollo project, indonesia and rome declare war on me.
    Their troops promotions are insanely A LOTTTTTT. Maybe because of constant warfare. Almost 20+ promotion. I have to reload my save and prepare a lot of military before signaling my apollo project.

vyyt likes this.
  6. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

That sounds amazing. This current game I'm playing also has some awesome warfare and geopolitical landscapes.

7. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Yeah, report it on GitHub. In October for me was the same, but in October I don't know where to report about it.

8. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Hi man! Do you have AI working properly when playing this version in multiplayer? Cause me and my friend are experiencing problem with AI, it works different in SP and MP (both with modpack). Here is my issue on github: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/2981?_pjax=#js-repo-pjax-container

9. xkander

xkander Chieftain

Cannot download from Mega, I get this message:
    The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

10. Legen

Legen King

Fun story: in my game (continents, 8 civs), the other continent had the Celts (founder of Catholicism) and Spain (founder of Buddhism), which warred against each other. In the late renaissance, the Celts conquered the holy city of Buddhism and, soon after, Spain was eliminated from the game, unable to defend against the coalition of Celts and Byzantium.

At Industrial, I struck the Celts and conquered their capital and holy city, which had 10 wonders, among them the Cathedral of St Basil. With that, Buddhism was the new official celtic religion. What was its pantheon? Why, Goddess of Beauty, of course!

One turn later, the Celts add a reformation belief to Buddhism: Defender of the Faith. Can't say I didn't feel cheated (and no, Buddhism didn't have the population for the founder building).

11. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

Works for me. Did you follow the link in the OP?

12. xkander

xkander Chieftain

Now the link works for me too, maybe it was a temporary issue.

13. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

14. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Is this actually working or am I too Obama-oriented in my wars? (Got lucky with Oils and can spam a ton of aircrafts upon the skies, so war weariness must be generated from enemy unit killing your unit or?)

15. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Prince

After making a peace treaty, the AI I was at war with is trying to be my friend. Is this some sort of bug?

16. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Two primary reasons:
    They're really friendly and probably treated the war as a misunderstanding if you were forgiving in the peace treaty.
    They respect your army and don't want another mass casualty on their end again so they want you to backstab them if you declare war on them again.

ElliotS and PapaRockett like this.
  17. peterw1987

peterw1987 Prince

in my last game, in deity, by turn 160, everyone is declaring war with each other. it is total chaos.
    my neighbour inca war with me and denmark, while denmark also war with inca and me. spain and greece war each other. indonesia war with denmark.
    shosone also war with spain and inca.
    later, inca is very friendly to me after his 30 turn war got nothing on him. and we push denmark back together. after succesfuly defending against denmark. indonesia already prepared tons of armies and sneak attack me. and i lost 2 of my cities.

need a break before starting a new game.....

18. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

The AI can be bribed by other AIs to go to war with you, even if they have no intention of conquering you. They will usually make peace with you ASAP and then may or may not be OK with friendship afterwards.

This happened in my recent game where Venice went to war with me out of nowhere in the early Medieval era, but was too far away to make an impact. About 10 turns later he asks for white peace, I accept, and then he asked for friendship soon after.

19. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I think the increased number of DPs is a problem -- not so much because it affects warfare, but because it's grossly imbalanced against the human. In effect, the change made a bad thing worse.

20. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

Hello Everyone, I've been having a very frustrating problem with the game for about two months now. I get to about turn 300 and am hit with a CTD. I don't see anything specific in the logs, but I'm not sure of what I'm looking for. I was thrilled that I got past turn 300 with latest version of Vox, but then I hit a wall at 330. I've posted a mod list, a lua list, a database list, and a zip of my log files. I would appreciate any constructive suggestions in helping me to figure about this problem and, yes, I use a lot of mods (all of which are listed as compatible). Thanks!

Attached Files: