1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - November 6th (11-6)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 6, 2017.

1. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Quarries are always on ressources, giving already a lot of yields, especially production. Extra production on this early building would make quarry heavy starts kinda imbalanced.
    I think, the +1p for mines is mainly for normal mines on ressourceless hills.

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

In my current game a city state is giving a reward of 48 experience to all my military units for bullying his neighor. Isn't that a little bit too high? For comparison his neighbor has offered me 4 gold to connect a luxury.

However I cannot get tribute from him. Even with 8 horsemen in the vicinity (I have by far the largest military in the world) I'm not scaring him at all, the modifier remains at +0 for nearby units. Did this change? Also how close am I supposed to be to a CS to be considered nearby? It used to be 8 tiles, but now it looks like units within 5 tiles don't count

3. Deadstarre

Deadstarre Chieftain

are there any deity players who see the the AI choosing Fealty?

the last 5 or 6 games I played i have had zero competition for the fealty wonder, because not a single AI in the game chose Fealty. it feels like more than coincidence at this point, and I know it would be deity-specific issue because deity is tied to lowering randomness of AI - so now im wondering does the AI really think Fealty is never the best choice? Every game I choose it and every game i'm the only one - anyone else noticing this or is it just super rng?

4. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Chieftain

Playing on deity, have seen at least 2 AIs in each of my last 3 games picking fealty (including some that weren't founders).

Deadstarre likes this.
  5. ElliotS

ElliotS Warlord

We've noticed this as well. Two weeks ago it was super apparent as We had Greece (Me) and Zulu (Ashendan) and neither of us could get tribute at any point in the game. (Both of us had largest army at a point) Zulu actually killed a city state's army, had the largest army AND was zulu and still couldn't demand tribute from the city state. (It had an ally, but that shouldn't be enough.)

It was a 3 player human only game on tiny FWIW.

6. vuko

vuko Chieftain

I was able yesterday to demand tribute, large game emperor, everything work like expected.

7. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

Irrational CS.

Troll CS knew it.

I manage to ask for a small tribute with #1 military, horsemen close by, and 3 quinquiremes in the water next to a CS. And that was a first. Tribute is definitely (too?) hard to ask for.

8. bigcat88

bigcat88 Chieftain

I have no problems to demand tributes in my games. Only in one game was the problem, by that's was my fault, cause before I gifted 3or 4 units to CS... but war with CS help me to demand tribute.

9. ElliotS

ElliotS Warlord

Does tribute scale based on difficulty? I think it's a bit too hard, but I'm not sure if it's just scaling with difficulty too much or generally a thing. It just seems impossible to make a bunch of spearmen and run around collecting tribute, even if you go straight for bronze working. I seem to need massive armies to get tribute, so no sooner than Medieval/Renaissance.

10. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I know, but I don't really care. It still seems really high. Like, if I could demand tribute I'd pretty much just win just from that one quest reward. And for the quests that give like 4 gold, honestly why even include the quest?

11. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch

That's irrational of them to just give 4 gold!

12. infidel88

infidel88 Chieftain

Is there somewhere some list, which shows starting city yields depending on what's beneath it?
    Right now I have grassland/hill/river and 1:c5food:2:c5production:. That's kinda lame, especially 1 food, considering city on desert has 2:c5food:. It wasn't like that in previous version. Can someone confirm?

13. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Chieftain

@infidel88 I think that is normal, as I thought the idea that that cities founded on hills (regardless of terrain type) get less total yields to compensate for the higher base city Defense. However, I don't know what the actual specific yields are. I don't see it anywhere in the Wiki. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

14. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Chieftain

I think if you go on the civilopedia, on the "game concept panel", maybe on "settling a city". I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

15. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

Hey it's been a while since I last played. Did Emperor get additional barbarians?

16. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Chieftain

Every difficulty get additional barbarians. There is now an option in advanced setup "chill barbarians" if you want to go back to vanilla standard spawn rate.
    You probably also had bad luck.

17. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I thought it was a city on a hill got 2:c5food:2:c5production:
    City on fresh water got 3:c5food:1:c5production:
    City on no fresh-water or hill got 2:c5food:1:c5production:1:c5gold:

In my current games hills still gave me 2:c5food:/2:c5production:, so I can't explain why you didn't there (it definently should stay at 2/2 in my opinion)

18. H3LLBL4Z3R

H3LLBL4Z3R Chieftain

Appologies for the wait...

CBP Version (2017-9-7 *to* 2017-11-6) Modpacks,
    so you can play Multiplayer and/or Quickly Load etc.

This is my catch up post for anyone who would want to possibly use the previous patches,

Links:
    ***9-7*** https://mega.nz/#!ZPxVgYoR!6IO2a2vbYa4aJUuTLGLHrKsHmFg5qDIUSzjJVyeu4os ***9-7***
    ***9-17*** https://mega.nz/#!RKhGnKpA!8kjXOsnqEpVuDUsZizbMeMRGgTLTUjqdV1JAdpurNHY ***9-17***
    ***9-27*** https://mega.nz/#!xCpHSbLB!2B9-dSRnHoO40aJ1UgnXzM2EMAWOwIgyIAelp7Kj3f8 ***9-27***
    ***10-9*** https://mega.nz/#!JaxUkJqA!DV93__f79FCrrvEVWXfUa1-rR67PefAuqmpt4SZ9GLw ***10-9***
    ***10-17*** https://mega.nz/#!9awFHKxY!LKWQDGMm1ZghDMci_1ciZNp6lyj4nD-KL4SWoTh3t8c ***10-17***
    ***11-6*** https://mega.nz/#!dXAXgQDJ!oXNV_bnjt5XmEWXM8H2oPTmsSJF3HtMqO5TkrgP-b2c ***11-6***

Let me know if they work good, I provided a Readme for people who are less experienced with this.

P.S: Will most likely be making my posts in both the "New Version" thread posts and the "DLC Modpack and 43-Civ Version Repository"

I'll try and keep on top of creating and uploading Modpacks as the glorious patches come in.
    :)

Cheers,

19. Tybor

Tybor Chieftain

Bumping, cause this version should be on top :)

20. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Chieftain

Is anyone else getting weird forms of declarations of war, where sometimes DoW is preceded by an "empty" trade screen (picture in the thumbnail).

Attached Files: