"Oh So Very Many Questions Than Before Not Worth Their Own Thread" Thread Vol. XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the phenomena of wearing horse masks start? What started it? About a year ago I even saw someone standing at a bus-stop wearing one (everyone else waiting for the bus was standing in a cluster several meters away from him:D).

I think that refers specifically to grey hair, a lack of pigmentation. I have natural black and blond hair.

Got a picture? Sounds unusual.
Have you fully "grown up"? I was blonde till my teens before i morphed into a swarthy dark Briton.

When did the phenomena of wearing horse masks start? What started it? About a year ago I even saw someone standing at a bus-stop wearing one (everyone else waiting for the bus was standing in a cluster several meters away from him:D).

Link to video.

Got a picture? Sounds unusual.
Have you fully "grown up"? I was blonde till my teens before i morphed into a swarthy dark Briton.

Anything for you Quacks

I'm 21 so I hope I don't still have to grow up :lol:

As you can imagine I've had years of hassle caused by my hair. What annoys me the most is when people say I lie and actually dye my hair.

Attachments

• 20140710_181125.jpg
    20140710_181125.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 77
I know people with more than one natural hair color, though I dunno if I'd say it is as distinct a contrast as blond vs. black. For instance a number of Vietnamese folks (such as my mother) have a bit of natural red hair alongside the usual dark hair; generally speaking though it is extremely subtle so it's hard to see sometimes (actually I have a bit of txt myself, especially when I was younger).

Dunno the term for that though.

Reddit

One at a time.

What about a flash drive?

For anyone who speaks Arabic:

The Lebanese parts of my family, and apparently the other Lebanese they used to spend time with, said something that sounds like "Haddam" to mean something like "You poor thing." Is that correct? No living members of my family speak Arabic, not since the 70's.

What is fiftychat?

Some kind of internet forum, I know.

But why is there significant overlap between that one specific other internet forum and this one, to where there there’s a “fiftychat crew” on CFC:OT? Does fiftychat have a Civ focus also, maybe (not that one needs all that much interest in Civ to be on OT)?

Are those who are regarded as the “fiftychat crew” here regarded as the CFC crew there?

So part of why I’m asking is, why do those people who are on both need both? What do they get at fiftychat that they can’t get here? And what here that they can’t get there?

And again, why is it only that one other internet forum that has a “crew” here? What’s special about fiftychat that has forged that connection?

Help me to understand the relation between this fiftychat place and CFC:OT?

What is fiftychat?

Some kind of internet forum, I know.

But why is there significant overlap between that one specific other internet forum and this one, to where there there’s a “fiftychat crew” on CFC:OT? Does fiftychat have a Civ focus also, maybe (not that one needs all that much interest in Civ to be on OT)?

Are those who are regarded as the “fiftychat crew” here regarded as the CFC crew there?

So part of why I’m asking is, why do those people who are on both need both? What do they get at fiftychat that they can’t get here? And what here that they can’t get there?

And again, why is it only that one other internet forum that has a “crew” here? What’s special about fiftychat that has forged that connection?

Help me to understand the relation between this fiftychat place and CFC:OT?

Fiftychat is a chatroom, not a forum. I can't give you specifics on cause and origin since i participate in it for a year, maybe 15 months.

As far as i know the chat is directly related to and spawned of this forum. Before my time there it was the hangout for a group of people who had some form of cohesion regarding opinions/ their perception of correctness and on occassion inadvertently or not teamed up in debates on the forum. Hence the "fiftychat gang" narrative.
Some of these people are still regulars on the chat and/or the forum, while the famous Fifty himself appears to be largely absent from both.
There is significicant overlap with the chatroom the NES people maintain (to which you can switch from fiftychat directly).
Common activeties include harmless banter, swearing, posting of funny pictures and links, reflection on current affairs (the weirder the better) and lifely but friendly debate of the very issues that are at times hard to debate on the forum in any productive fashion (see: my sig).

Anyway: The thing should be #1 on a simple google search, feel free to check it out. No signing up/account making is necessary.

Thank you, both. That's helpful.

What made Fifty himself famous?

From what I gather from his posts he was an ass. But a fun ass, with a lot of energy in an age when the internet still rocked some of the cool and new vibe.

www.fiftychat.com receiving applications. Getting booted might still be part of initiation.

edit: apparently initiation is a 5 year process :mad: Madviking :fistshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom