One small step for man, one giant leap backwards for mankind

Of course not. But you said no reason, not better reasons not to.

OK sure. It's just that space exploration costs so much money and usually they don't find very much.

OK sure. It's just that space exploration costs so much money and usually they don't find very much.
You're just saying that because you haven't been let in on the big secret: All the chimps they sent into space came back superintelligent. Keep it on the QT, would you?

You're just saying that because you haven't been let in on the big secret: All the chimps they sent into space came back superintelligent. Keep it on the QT, would you?
Dumbass, everybody knows all the chimps they send into space end up in the future on the Planet of The Apes.

We don't wanna bear the cost of space exploration. The most effecient means of moving around in space consists of nuclear bomb propulstion, with it we could get a cryo ship to the nearest star at around .5c for a one way ticket of several years here on earth, maybe more taking into account time dilation.

But nuclear is evil, must be exterminated! Must never be used. We could get to the moon in a lot less time and to Mars in a few days if I remember correctly.

That's a good flick! I remember watching that ages ago, and then it was on just a few months ago on AMC. The very idea of a death 'squad' scouring the desert trying to shoot Brolin (an astronaut) in America just cracks me up!

How come the Russians never went? How come we are not still going today? How come we don't even have a very small mine on the moon?

Money. Huge costs, few incentives.

Russians didn't have the money and once the Americans got there first, there was no reason why to waste insane amounts of money in a race which had already been lost.

I think I told this story once before, but I once met a fairly intelligent and well-read guy who insisted electricity wasn't real, and demonstrated this fact to me by touching high voltage power lines, naturally resulting in electrocution and hospitalisation. People believe lots of stupid things.
I'd have loved to hear his reasoning how electric devices actually work then...
:rolleyes:

I'd have loved to hear his reasoning how electric devices actually work then...
:rolleyes:

Magic. Touching a high voltage line in itself won't shock you. Look at how birds land on them and squirrels run across them. Touching a high voltage line and anything else, like the ground, the poll, another wire, that will not end well for you.

The Russians watched the broadcast from the moon. Had the signal come from elsewhere, they would have been quite happy to say "hey, that footage isn't being broadcast from the moon."

This is what frustrates me about so many conspiracy theories is that I don't actually need physical proof of anything when logic disproves it outright

This is what frustrates me about so many conspiracy theories is that I don't actually need physical proof of anything when logic disproves it outright

The cost of falsifying it would be equal to the cost of going to the moon. Think of all the people that would be involved in such a conspiracy. Where are the whistle-blowing insiders?

The easy answer is that we actually did it. We actually launched three men on a journey to an extraplanetary body, landed on it, explored it and brought things back home.

Some people cannot accept that. A dead family-member said God would never have allowed it, made us too prideful in ourselves, He would send a calamity like He did with the Tower of Babel.

It is just like those who believe in the supreme competence of government and thus the only answer to something like 9/11 is an inside job or government allowed it to happen. A lot of the same conspiracy theories was thrown around about Pearl Harbor, including that Navy carried out the air-strike on Pearl.

We watched a documentary on FOX about whether or not the moon landings were a hoax. The documentary said: yes.

Out of the entire class of Theory of Knowledge students (this is like some philosophy class--or more precisely epistemology), I was the only one not taken in by its inherent bull poop.

Oh Christ, this is ridiculous. The astronauts left some laser-mirrors there, it's pretty easy to check if they're there. Plus, as somebody mentioned, other things left there are visible through powerful telescopes.

We don't wanna bear the cost of space exploration. The most effecient means of moving around in space consists of nuclear bomb propulstion, with it we could get a cryo ship to the nearest star at around .5c for a one way ticket of several years here on earth, maybe more taking into account time dilation.

But nuclear is evil, must be exterminated! Must never be used. We could get to the moon in a lot less time and to Mars in a few days if I remember correctly.

I would say solar sails are a LOT more efficient. Nuclear bombs would first have to be built, and when used in a spacecraft there must be someway of containing the explosion (or at least focusing it). Current nuclear stockpiles are aging

I would say solar sails are a LOT more efficient. Nuclear bombs would first have to be built, and when used in a spacecraft there must be someway of containing the explosion (or at least focusing it). Current nuclear stockpiles are aging

Solar sails are one way, like canvas sails were back in the day. And I bet the solar winds can be calmed like atmospheric winds were back in the day. Nevermind that one would have to have a fairly substantial knowledge of solar wind currents which would always change with planetary movements.

Orion propulsion drops a .33Kt thermonuclear weapon behind the ship which when it detonates plasma hits a shock-absorbing pusher-plate which imparts velocity to the craft.

There was a lot of research on it. They theorized that a ship with about 3000 weapons could get very close to the speed of light. How fast could a solar-wind space-craft get up to?

A launch of a multi-million ton interstellar capable craft from earth surface would be reguire roughly a megaton worth of thermonuclear weaponry and if we get fusion weapons then it'd be extremely clean. The only problem is not to be staring at the space-craft as it launches.

They did small scale experiments with conventional explosives and it worked.

I can't even begin to explain how ridiculous I think this attitude is. Do you also think we should get rid of foreign aid because "the money could be better spent here"?

Wikipedia has an article on everything, it seems

Only thing listed that sounds believable:

# Actual lunar landing - faked filming – Still others believe that men did land on the moon, but that the photography was of very low media quality and in most cases unsuitable or even unusable. Therefore the U.S. government (NASA), since it had to present proof of the space program's success to justify taxpayers' money and keep the program alive, altered, modified and even faked many of the pictures and video, launching a subsequent media campaign with great success.

Of course, I don't believe this either.

Of course we went to the moon. There's a great deal of evidence, including the fact that artifacts left behind on the moon are clearly visible through telescopes, of that fact. The only good thing about this conspiracy theory is watching 70-odd year old Buzz Aldron KTFO a guy half his age who was dissing him about it. Instantly made Buzz the best astronaut ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKedyQQkZQ&feature=related

The REAL conspiracy:

What NO ONE wants you to see

What the US GOVERNMENT DOESNT WANT YOU TO FIND OUT

WHAT THEYVE BEEN HIDING FOR YEARS and even SCHOOLCHILDREN have been SHOT and KILLED and SCOLDED and been given TIMEOUTS for thinking it

If you want to know the SHOCKING TRUTH, scroll DOWN

8**
8*

They tell you the moon is a large chunk of rock "orbiting" the "Earth." But what they don't tell you, that myriad scientific studies tell us now, is that the MOON is made of CHEESE.

Why don't they tell us this? Because they can't let it out. The government is intentionally keeping quiet the biggest foodsource not on this planet so they can intentionally starve its people. If the cheese is harvested, world hunger is OVER, the economy will BOOM, and people will be HAPPY. It will be a UTOPIA. But they don't let this happen.

Write your representative today demanding that the moon's cheese stores be harvested! Do your part to SAVE THE WORLD NOW!

Top Bottom