Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Well mt graphical issues with the Tupi are gone now thanks to my new computer, but for some reason the Maloca are NOT connecting the luxuries they are built upon!

I just realized that I was building it on top of a mod added luxury. That's probably why it wasn't adding it.

Just finished a TSL Americas map as Mexico with Canada, Gran Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, America, Chile, Texas and Paraguay starting in the Industrial Era.

Was flippin' fantastic!

Few bugs I need to iron out though (like forgetting to add in world wrap and fixing up start positions). Also I need to add in some more city-states in Middle America (already have Cayenne, Los Angeles, Havana, St. John's and San Juan).

However, the reason for not doing a Colombia split yet is because I have yet to think of great enough gameplay differences... and, to be fair, the current build represents Venezuela more than Colombia culturally so I'd actually need modern Colombian suggestions.

Well, I can help you with that ;)

So wait, there are so many new civs being discussed that I've lost track of what Leugi is currently working on. Is it still the Uru?

I will actually be releasing 2 new civs soon; one of them has been worked out with the More Civs team, and the another one is made by myself. Don't worry though, neither of these were on the list yet, so they are a surprise.

I'm also working on the Uru, the tinkering and the leaderscene is done, but I must make some tests to see if the UA is possible, if it is I will comment it here :D.

If you want approximate dates, the 2 secret civs will be released by next week most likely, then I will have lots of updates until the end of that week, and then I will focus on Uru and Guaraní to finally finish South America for now.

Is one of those updates for Israel? I keep getting a feeling that as soon as I start a game with them you'll update it and break my save..........

So, any ideas for the Toltec colours?

I will actually be releasing 2 new civs soon; one of them has been worked out with the More Civs team, and the another one is made by myself. Don't worry though, neither of these were on the list yet, so they are a surprise.

Hopefully the Inuit should be done soon too - though I'm not sure if Leugi wants to link that through to Patria Grande (like with the Cree/Anish).

TPangolin, how's Vietnam going? ;) In the weekend I am going to return to my heroic attempts at converting Vietcong :lol:

I can prepare civilopedia text as well.

What colors do you think suit them? It's your mod pick a unique color scheme and go nuts.

I was thinking green and brown or reddish brown and blue but they seem a bit too... Aztec like and Indonesian.

I was thinking about what colors they should be today actully.

Then I got a crazy idea. What about light orange (peach colored) and dark pink. May as well go for something crazy.

How about a forest green and a really, really bright blue? I know the old saw about blue and green never being seen, but it'd be distinctive at least. =]

Any of these tickle your fancy? (based on suggestions above)

Of those, #2 is my favorite. But I think an inversion of #1 has potential assuming flipping the colors doesn't make it too close to someone else's colors.

@JFD: Carloso is. I hope it's going well, he's got some really interesting ideas. =]

@Wigwam: I think I prefer #2 as well, partly because the emblem is minty fresh. I really like #1 as well, but it does look a bit similar to Songhai. Maybe inverted?

Top Bottom