Poland mod for Varietas Delectat

I wish Boleslaw Chrobry was one of the leaders, but no matter. I think the UU is overpowered btw. A bonus against one or the other is sufficient for balance.

Yeah Bolesław Chrobry would be cool :)

I want to make a varietas delectat mod for Canada (And then maybe israel), but I want to know your design process for your expansion. When did you cite historical references for unit designs and when did you use your imagination? For Canada most of the units would probably be reskinned british units, with some of the more modern units being american, so that should make it somewhat easier. Israel might require more unit models.

Poland updated to v2.0
-------------------------

Changelog

- added Pilsudski (Ekmek)
- refreshed almost half of the unit roster (units mainly from Total Realism)
- optimizations to units (removing not needed meshes, files, textures)

Poland updated to v2.0
-------------------------

Changelog

- added Pilsudski (Ekmek)
- refreshed almost half of the unit roster (units mainly from Total Realism)
- optimizations to units (removing not needed meshes, files, textures)

Avain, I made new versions of Casimir and Jan Sobieski, if you haven't seen them you should probably check them out (link in my signature).

Avain, I made new versions of Casimir and Jan Sobieski, if you haven't seen them you should probably check them out (link in my signature).

Nice ones.
Two questions:
Can Casimir have a crown instead of a hat?
Sobieski resembles the real Sobieski (good work!), but the hair and moustache are a bit like "glued" to the leaderhead, or better said, those parts differ from the rest as if they are separate objects. Also the eyebrows are not thick enough and seem like "hand drawn" to the face. Can you revisit this one please, because it has the potential to be really authentic and great?

Nice ones.
Two questions:
Can Casimir have a crown instead of a hat?
Sobieski resembles the real Sobieski (good work!), but the hair and moustache are a bit like "glued" to the leaderhead, or better said, those parts differ from the rest as if they are separate objects. Also the eyebrows are not thick enough and seem like "hand drawn" to the face. Can you revisit this one please, because it has the potential to be really authentic and great?

Casimir is based on this image:

I decided to give him a fur hat also because everybody else has a crown, and I wanted my LH to look special. I know about the problems with Sobieski, but currently I'm not planning to do any work on him because I'm tired of modding Civ. I disagree the moustach looks like it is not a part of the LH because it is Bismarck's moustache, I didn't take a moustache from another LH. The hair is from Pacal, and tried to make it look like a Polish haircut. I realise it is far from being perfect, but this is what I managed to make after a lot of trials to make it as Polish as possible. The eyebrows, as much as I understand, are a result of an animation problem I don't know how to fix- this why they look the way they look.

No offence IgorS, but I actually like kodzi's old Casimir and Sobieski more than your new LHs...

EDIT: And I'm perfectly aware that you based them on real images, but overally the older ones look much better for me.
How should I put this... I guess I mean even if I know that they are not as accurate as yours, they seem much more accurate

No offence IgorS, but I actually like kodzi's old Casimir and Sobieski more than your new LHs...

EDIT: And I'm perfectly aware that you based them on real images, but overally the older ones look much better for me.
How should I put this... I guess I mean even if I know that they are not as accurate as yours, they seem much more accurate

I hate the old Casimir- he looks too much like Brennus, and is not that good at all, IMHO. The old Sobieski I like too, but I grew tired of it and wanted to make something more accurate and more "modern" (I mean with shaders and all that). I also didn't like that he was based on Augustus, when Bismark is much more appropriate.

A little advice based on the screenshot from the person making Polish units in TR. :D

You are using varied unit art for some units (like Spearmen or Axemen there), but not for others. I can spot at least Macemen, Horsemen and Knights that originally had three variants you didn't use.

A little advice based on the screenshot from the person making Polish units in TR. :D

You are using varied unit art for some units (like Spearmen or Axemen there), but not for others. I can spot at least Macemen, Horsemen and Knights that originally had three variants you didn't use.

Yep, good observation;) I 101% agree with you that having all the three figured variants would be cooler... but this is something coming from VD. I had to restrain myself at some point (i.e. I have Spearmen varied, but not Maceman), because even now I'm dangerously high on used units (in Mb, even after working my a!+"!"+ off on optimizations), so I had to cut somewhere... :(

PS: Thanks for the excellent units, WH!

It appears that this Polish civ is not compatible with the latest version of Quot Capita. There is no prehistoric age - game always start at ancient era - prehistoric techs are still available and ready to research, but cities are growing normally and use ancient era graphics (instead of slow growth and prehistoric era graphics).

EDIT: I think I fixed it.

Top Bottom