I mean, I guess. It seemed obvious to me, but fair enough. I guess the ability doesn't specifically say "water only". For what it's worth, your trade route actually can go over land from your city to the water. It just can't cross other land.
I'm assuming though it can still reach a foreign city that is inland, but who has built a harbor, as long as it passes through the harbor to reach the city center. At least I would hope so.

Has anyone had problems with city-states being squished together? I took this screenshot on the first turn after a "reveal all". The Venice and Akkad settlers are within spitting distance of each other.
Spoiler clicky clicky :

turn1spacing.jpg

Hoping it's just a one-off and I don't have to go digging through the config files to fix it.

Has anyone had problems with city-states being squished together? I took this screenshot on the first turn after a "reveal all". The Venice and Akkad settlers are within spitting distance of each other.

I've started games either spawning next to a city-state or another civs a couple of times. It's very rare but does happen.

I am not so sure. Can you elaborate? Do you see it all over the map? Occasional improvement was there even before.
I think it's definitely improved (when I wrote the original post, I was in turn 50 on marathon), because all the AI civs I met had a luxury improved (even different kinds), one even had two silvers mined near their capital by turn 200 (so in the classical era).
But it's clear now that the majority only improved one of a kind, and they did not have copies.
I think this is a deliberate restriction from the devs to keep the AI away from monopolies.

I think it's definitely improved (when I wrote the original post, I was in turn 50 on marathon), because all the AI civs I met had a luxury improved (even different kinds), one even had two silvers mined near their capital by turn 200 (so in the classical era).
But it's clear now that the majority only improved one of a kind, and they did not have copies.
I think this is a deliberate restriction from the devs to keep the AI away from monopolies.

If it's deliberate, which I doubt, it's a pretty bad idea. The player already has an advantage over the AI, because we happen to have a brain (it's really OP), so it doesn't make any sense to keep the AI away from monopolies. It also break the whole trade mechanic, considering that luxuries is one of the main things that we can trade with the AI and, if the AI doesn't have extra copies, you don't have any luxury to buy, which also mess with the amenities mechanic, since buying luxuries is a really important source of amenities in early game.

So I fire up a Portugal game, and the very first AI civ met is...my Mini Me, Pablo of Brazil...:)
You need him, Hojo and India for achievement, so rejoice. And he is ungrateful break away anyway, who needs to be brought to his knee and thought it's you who found Rio, not him.

Is it a thing that AI mines multiple luxury resources normally unless Monopolies and Corps mode is turned on?

Or was it something that broke across the entire game?

I mean every game I’ve tried the last two months I have a monopoly immediately on every luxury I get for the rest of the game because I’m the only one who has them.
Yes, it is exactly like this: AI is improving their luxeries just fine with Corp mode disabled, but will only improve one of each luxery when playing with Corp mode on.

I'm assuming though it can still reach a foreign city that is inland, but who has built a harbor, as long as it passes through the harbor to reach the city center. At least I would hope so.

That's wrong, though: in my first game with my boyfriend, he played the Netherlands and while Haarlem or Amsterdam were inland they had a harbor... But I couldn't send a trade route to them. Not until Haarlem built a canal that linked the city center to the sea.

In fact, in French, it doesn't say "International Trade Routes can only be sent to cities on the coast or with a Harbor", it specifically says that international trade routes can only go over water, meaning that if your city is inland, even with a harbor, you'd have to go on 1 or 2 tiles on land, which forbids you.

Which is way more limiting that I imagined, and I'm asking myself if it works as intended or not...

A question to those who have already had the chance to play since the new patch:

Has the bug been fixed according to which in the "barbarian tribes"-mode no new barbcamps did spawn after the first camp had converted into a city-state?

A question to those who have already had the chance to play since the new patch:

Has the bug been fixed according to which in the "barbarian tribes"-mode no new barbcamps did spawn after the first camp had converted into a city-state?
So many questions about bug fix, and my general feel is no. You know why? Patch notes. If they don't say specifically they fixed something -- assume the worst. Like Culture Industry card from Dramatic Ages bug. They never mentioned the fix, so I assume bug is still there.

So many questions about bug fix, and my general feel is no. You know why? Patch notes. If they don't say specifically they fixed something -- assume the worst. Like Culture Industry card from Dramatic Ages bug. They never mentioned the fix, so I assume bug is still there.

Yeah, my pessimistic side does assume the same, but my optimistic one hopes for an entry into the "unmentioned changes"-list ... so if maybe someone of you already playing comes across a fix to this bug, please tell us here. I shall not lose hope lightly ;)

All I know i
I haven’t tried playing a game without monopolies mode enabled...do AI Civs act normally and farm/mine multiple luxuries without the mode on?

In my many tries with the mode on, the only time a civ had a luxury during the entire game it was cause of a Suzerian CS get or they accidentally farmed one and got lucky.

Yes, they improve tons of luxuries with Corporations mode turned off. For myself, using Real Strategy and Smoother Difficulty mods, it makes such a huge difference to the point where if I have Corporations mode turned on the AI plays so poorly I'm able to declare Colonial Wars by the modern age, but if I have Corporations mode turned off I can barely keep pace with the AI's tech and civic progress.

how did you reach that conclusion? It is most certainly a bug resulting from the mode.

I would be utterly surprised if it was, and I can't think of a reason why they would deliberately implement a gamemode which is only playable by a human

I thought I read somewhere on these forums the AI had been limited purposefully limited, that's all.

I rolled up egypt with a whole mess of desert flood plains, the city is awesome with the new wonder but my gameplay is kind of meandering and rudderless haha.

I kind of want to roll a floodplains Qin and build both Ekenanaki and Great Bath in the same city, then just farm the crap out of the floodplains. It's a pretty great wonder. Floodplains and Marsh Petra.

Top Bottom