Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a 32 bit OS, you'll probably need to use a 3GB switch. I believe it was applicable for that unusual vista platform.

There is no "probably" about it, with a HUGE mod as this is, you MUST have it, if you have a 32 bit OS.

I have my graphics settings at the lowest possible settings, even though my graphics card was built years 'after' Civ4 was released.

It could still be the problem - how much memory does it have (and what model is it?)

I am running a decent quad core processor with 8 gigs of ram. The only thing that 'might' be sufficiently substandard is my 32 bit OS of Vista.

Note I can run the basic CIV4:BTS game without issue.

Yes the 32-bit OS is a problem, but not always an insurmountable one. The processor and RAM is heaps. This is not BtS, it's a whole bigger more voracious animal! :p

If it helps, I can run C2C v27 on my old XP (32-bit) machine with 2.5Gb RAM and 256MB on the graphics card. I can only run the uncustomized game, on small maps (with I think 4 AI civs). I don't know what a 3GB switch is - I didn't need that thankfully. However it took me a while, a tiny bit of computer know-how and possibly a bit of luck.

If this doesn't help, the next thing to try is the 3GB switch, in which case good luck with that. Or you could do what I did (on my NEW machine) and get a 64-bit OS! ;)

Anything new regarding the bug where the popup for selling buildings does not show up?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 378, in _handleConsumableEvent
File "BugEventManager", line 466, in onKbdEvent
File "BugUtil", line 608, in __call__
File "BugUtil", line 605, in call
File "AbandonCityEventManager", line 116, in onStartAbandonCity
File "AbandonCityEventManager", line 175, in onStartAbandonCity
File "CvEventManager", line 194, in beginEvent
File "AbandonCityEventManager", line 225, in __eventAbandonCityDestroyBuildingBegin
IndexError: list assignment index out of range

Thanks folks. I am coming back to the thread late at night just before sleep. I had to look up what a 3GB switch is, but I found it and inputted the data correctly. Now instead of rebooting my machine, I will shut it down and go to sleep. Tomorrow morning I'll find out if it worked.

1. The wonder "Famen Temple" makes your missionaries always successfull. A small bug in the text messages, when a religion spread would fail, then it is first showed "Your missionary failed.." and afterwards "Hinduism has spread..."

Nothing I can do about it. It is like those messages telling you that a unit that has just been killed has gained promotions. One bit is done in the Python and the other in the dll.

Anything new regarding the bug where the popup for selling buildings does not show up?

File "AbandonCityEventManager", line 225, in __eventAbandonCityDestroyBuildingBegin

As far as I can tell one of the buildings has something "wrong" in its human readable name. The wrongness is something that looks fine most of the time but causes problems when the name is being stored in a Python array. I'll try and look into it in the next day or so.

Thanks folks. I am coming back to the thread late at night just before sleep. I had to look up what a 3GB switch is, but I found it and inputted the data correctly. Now instead of rebooting my machine, I will shut it down and go to sleep. Tomorrow morning I'll find out if it worked.

I've had errors all over the place on Win7 32bit, even after enabling the 3gb switch, and although I had mapped my unusable RAM to a RAM drive, on which I placed my page file. Civ didn't care, it still reported errors left an right, which dramatically improved after I switched to Win7 x64. They're still not entirely gone, but rare enough to not really bother me too much.

I do wonder though, why are you still using a 32bit OS with 8gb of RAM? Or vice versa, why do you have that amount of RAM if you cannot (really) use it?*

* While the RAM drive + page file approach works fine for a few programs, I had to find out that it doesn't work for all of them, i.e. VirtualBox doesn't even consider the page file, just as Civ was still showing errors.

Playing V29 SVN 4758

Re Customisable Domestic Adviser ( BUG option ) F1

There still seems to be a problem with saving edits with these screens. I am trying to increase the size of the "Producing" column from the default of 90 to 250 so that all script is readable.

Although you can supposedly save your edits , after saving and restarting the game any edits are lost and the tables revert to the default position.

This problem was last mentioned in January 2012 as a bug but does not appear to have been corrected.

Does anyone know if there is a solution or where the CustDomAdv.txt is located to where saves are supposed to be written ?

DavidR

Does anyone know if there is a solution or where the CustDomAdv.txt is located to where saves are supposed to be written ?

DavidR

CustomDomAdv.ini is located in ../C2C/Usersettings. Like with BUG options Civ needs write access to this folder and if you copy the SVN folder without excluding usersettings you overwrite your custom made changes.

If you're attempting to specialize your cities rather than using your capital as the one supercity approach, then yes, according to what the shrine for that religion provides. You may want to put a Hellenism origincity in your 'research best' etc...
You're right about that one, and the one with morale promotion (taoism?) must be built in the city with all the generals, otherwise you get only gold and culture. OK, with my approach is my capital now a missionary factory which builds some gold building when available. :)

Why I am able to build orchard and plantation on spices. Both improvements provides spices but have different stats. It makes no sense.

The 3GB switch worked out for me perfectly. I have been playing C2C for hours and not had so much as a hiccup. I have kept graphics setting at an absolute minimum just on principle however, not wanting to tempt fate.

I do wonder though, why are you still using a 32bit OS with 8gb of RAM? Or vice versa, why do you have that amount of RAM if you cannot (really) use it?

About six months ago the motherboard on my system fried. Getting a replacement that would work with my old ram and processor would have been very problematic. I opted to spend what meagre resources I could muster on getting a relatively acceptable replacement for all three of processor, motherboard and ram. Yes, I could have skimped on not spending $20, on an extra 4 gig of ram, but if I had done that, for all I knew by the time I got around to replacing my OS, I'd run into trouble trying to match up ram, so I just sprang for it right then. As to why I did not also upgrade my OS, it was a question of budget. I had very little cash and a dead computer. I spent what I had where I could, and am just waiting on resources to beef up the rest.

I expect some would not understand how budget could limit one's choice of OS. I do not pirate.

This has happened in every version I have played so far. I build the Great Wall, or conquer the city, and it redraws the wall every turn to surround my territory, expanding or contracting as needed. after a while though, this is what I get on the map. i have view ports on. The wall in the wrong place does not go away with a redraw.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 95
This has happened in every version I have played so far. I build the Great Wall, or conquer the city, and it redraws the wall every turn to surround my territory, expanding or contracting as needed. after a while though, this is what I get on the map. i have view ports on. The wall in the wrong place does not go away with a redraw.

Was this game started under v28, or upgraded to it? Do you have an autosave from when it was ok, and a recipe to make it get stuck in the wrong place from such a save? Once it gets into that state I know it cannot get out of it, but I thought the bug that allowed it to get I to it had been fixed. If not I'll need a reproducible case where it transitions into that state to try to do anything about it I'm afraid.

Probably already a know bug, but dynamic civ names is broken now for those who use that option. Some of the civic combinations simply result in a designation as "Provisional Governement" or similiar.

the Great Wall messes up with V24, V25, V26, and so on, so it is in every version. I have already passed my auto saves from when it was working, I will try next game.

Why i am able to build mine or quarry on obsidian. Quary provides obsidian and mine not so delete mine please

@ DH

I now get this error message when trying to get a certain action to work:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom