Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

I have a serious problem with the current SVN. When I press "enter" with the attached savegame to proceed to the next turn I get a "Save Error", "Failed to compress game data", probably because of a failed auto saving. When I play the next turn and try to save then I get the save error again, although a savegame file is produced. When I now try to go on to the next turn I get a reproducable CTD. This last savegame (the one produced after the one I have attached) can´t be loaded at all, I get an immediate CTD when I try.

Just to mention: I have played a number of turns without issue before that situation arose. I can attach older savegames, too, if it helps.

2. Debellatio

Debellatio Chieftain

The inflation glitch corrupts the savegames played with it, though it improves over the time (after the editing of Civics.xml to 0), but it takes eons, i.e. from 1380% to "normal" at a rate of 10-15% (more or less) per turn. However, new civs that are appearing (Rebels) dont seem to be affected.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I have noticed now that the AI workers at attached to "Mounted" units and getting killed along with them, because they are by themselves and standing next to an enemy?? This now has happened quite repeatably.

attached is a before move to enemy and one moved NEXT to the enemy WITH a worker.

SVN: 4950 No VP

4. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Why does the SVN say that some files are conflicting?

5. Flinx

Flinx Prince

That is more your SVN.
    Mine is doing fine!

6. strategyonly

There is NO conflicting files, sorry. Mine is fine also.

7. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

I was also experiencing the hyper-inflation issue when I jumped from SVN 4918 to SVN 4945, but I was able to resolve it by:

1. Editing the CIV4CivicInfos.xml and ensuring all entries were <iInflation>0</iInflation>. Some of the later entries in the files were still <iInflation></iInflation>.

2. Clearing the cache

3. Starting from my last save from SVN 4918, updating the modifiers, and continuing from there.

It's been about 10 turns so far but I have no hyper-inflation, compared to when I jumped to SVN 4945 without editing CIV4CivicInfos.xml, where I experienced hyper-inflation in just a few turns.

Obviously as with all things computers YMMV.

8. strategyonly

OK on these since it looks like i am going to do them, which Civic works best to put in here then??

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12260720&postcount=467

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Means you made and saved changes in your files that are not 'mergable' thus outright incompatible with an update. After the update completes and gives you this message, scroll up the list of files that were updated and right-click on all the red ones. Taking note of which files they were, its usually best to select 'resolve conflict using theirs'. Then go take a look at the file and if you can recall what it was you'd changed, you can change it back to what you had it as then. Or you can blindly 'resolve conflict using mine' if you're sure that any changes the team made to those files shouldn't override your own. If you're capable of using the merge tool skillfully, you can try to do a 'compare' option to see the differences and pick and choose what differences in the file to keep.

If you're past the list of files that were updated, you can find them all again (and have all those same options available to you with a right click) by identifying the files with exclamation marks on them. Once resolved, you're good to go.

11. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

V28

I've run into 2 separate issues that directly and indirectly, respectively, caused MAFs.
    I can't reproduce them (or haven't been able to yet); and appologize for being a bad boy and not having my logging turned on.

Anyway, I'm wondering if possibly they're just symptoms that it may be time that I have to turn on viewports.

Case 1:
    I have a captured city that has revolted numerous times. Most of the time the original owning CIV declares war (btw violating its peace treaty) on me and the generated units belong to him. However, twice now the revolt has created a new CIV (the same one both times). The first time the CIV appeared on the list as having 1 city (even though it didn't have any); and when the last unit was killed disappeared from the list. The second time the revolting CIV appeared on the list as having 0 cities. The End of Turn after I killed the last unit I got a MAF. *If it matters I have gone into the Revolutions.ini file and changed the MaxCivs settings to no longer be -1. I'm wondering if the problem is due to the max # of civs (where could I get a cheat count without going to WB and manually count them) already existing before the revolt.

Case 2:
    I had been playing for a number of hours and wanted to check on something so I started the WB. I didn't use any of the functions, just scrolled around the map looking for a resource needed for a culture. After I closed the WB, I noticed that the graphics for the hidden resources were still displayed on the map. Although they didn't get 'highlighted' when clicking on the reveal resources button. Anyway, I immediately saved the game and then tried to reload it from within C2C and got a MAF (come to think of it, this might be a known bug). I then restarted C2C and loaded the save and everything was normal (the hidden resources stayed hidden).

12. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

Slave Market are still working even without Slavery or Worldview - slavery
    And nor GP, nor Lawyer can remove Worldview - slavery

EDIT
    And World View - slavery give a free Worldview slavery, so I have 24 national wonders named Worldview slavery in my civ....

13. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

I would like to report that the inflation issue is gone same with the mouse locking up so I assume they were related. Thanks for all your help guys, best modding team I've seen in a long time.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

All but the removal was due to typos. I haven't got the removal working right. I'll need to talk to AIAndy about that.

15. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

I write it in "Existent buildings" topic, but maybe it's better here :
    Canine units dont receive any XP from building giving Free Xp to animals, so they start with low XP

And I will wait for ending slavery.... But I dont like the automation citizen in C2C... Citizen are maybe too complex for it in this mod

16. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I'm pretty sure that that is the game I've played for the past 4 months. ;) However, I just tried it in the debugger and it worked for me too. :confused: Oh well, it works now and that is what counts.

17. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Has anyone fixed the University bug?

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If you mean the large cost per turn then I expect it is not considered a bug but a response to the too much gold problem that a very few people are having.

19. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

This has not improved with todays SVN...

As it looks that I am the only one with this problem it seems that I have to start a new game...

Strange though, never had an issue with saving a game...

20. Flinx

Flinx Prince

Just noticed:
    mummification costs 20205 :science: after modifiers (217 :science: base cost)
    while all other techs (e.g. writing, sundial, scriptures) in this particular row are about 10215 :science: after modifiers (110 :science: base cost).

I guess this is just a simple typo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.