Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiously, in my downloads of both SVN 4923 and 4937, CIV4CivicInfos.xml is already set to <iInflation>0</iInflation>,

Although I didn't try playing, my version 4939 from this morning and 4916 from last week are also both set at 0. Vista 64 SP1.

Nevermind, I see there are a LOT of those entries, and many are blank.

They aren't even backward compatable anymore before this development cycle! I just tested it with a save made with rev 4681 (ie, V28 release, I wanted to see what sort of net performance was to be had between V28 and now), and could not load it under the current SVN due to missing EVENTTRIGGERS. That could be very very bad when everyone updates from V28 to V29 if it isn't addressed.

That's been fixed already

Hello everyone! Here's an annoying thing that has been happening from some days now...

Most of the times, the tech splash screen appears for only a fraction of a second before it disappears.This happens 60% (sort of) of the time, and althought its not THAT big of a deal, it still pisses me off to no end.
Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix it?

v28, btw

Hello everyone! Here's an annoying thing that has been happening from some days now...

Most of the times, the tech splash screen appears for only a fraction of a second before it disappears.This happens 60% (sort of) of the time, and althought its not THAT big of a deal, it still pisses me off to no end.

v28, btw

It's a known bug with the minimize ai turn time option. Turning that off will cure it, but at the cost of longer turn times.

I did a clean reinstall of the SVN and cache (Except my BUG settings which are vitally important) and I'm still getting the inflation issues with the labor civics.

Edit: I'm also getting an issue that cropped up at the same time in which my mouse randomly becomes unresponsive. It only happens in C2C not other Civ mods nor other programs.

Running Win 7 , 64 bit.

Reverted to SVN build 4928 which runs ok .

Made a clean install of SVN 4945 which is shown as the latest SVN released 5/3/13 ( for some reason when hovering the mouse over the game details the build is shown as 4935 )

Playing with an old save and not updating the DLL files from 4928 build C2C runs ok ( the labor civics show the inflation figure as 1631580% but with the old SVN build this is ignored). However updating the DLL to the current build causes an immediate decrease in the monthly gold figure as the inflation figure goes haywire.

DavidR

v28, btw
I had this problem too, but ending the turn via the space bar solves the problem.

Made a clean install of SVN 4945 which is shown as the latest SVN released 5/3/13 ( for some reason when hovering the mouse over the game details the build is shown as 4935 )

It only changes when the dll is updated. XML, python, etc changes won't be shown in the hover-over. That's why I always name the beta versions I am using as the SVN I downloaded from (as I often play different versions than the current SVN, so looking at its properties in Explorer won't show my "working" version).

What do you mean? I loaded the save in V28 and then saved it, and was unable to load it in the most recent SVN. How then will V28 players be able to load their saves in V29 unless something changes?:confused:

Another problem like this (with events) was fixed, look like you have another one, but look like you are the only one with it too ^^'

Another problem like this (with events) was fixed, look like you have another one, but look like you are the only one with it too ^^'

Quite possibly. I fixed the event trigger one raised by Lumen. If you post your save (ls612 that is) I can look into your case too...

I did a clean reinstall of the SVN and cache (Except my BUG settings which are vitally important) and I'm still getting the inflation issues with the labor civics.

Edit: I'm also getting an issue that cropped up at the same time in which my mouse randomly becomes unresponsive. It only happens in C2C not other Civ mods nor other programs.

Can someone pls look at this Inflation request error, he has written now three times, and no response, thx.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12260824&postcount=470

V28 or the SVN?

Edit: I just tested and it isn't on the SVN.

Good to know that it isn't happening in the SVN, hopefully that means this will be fixed in 2.9. I've run into that MiniDump CTD error a lot on 2.8. I would update to SVN, but I'm more of a finished-build type person than canary-build these days.

Here it is.

I'm confused. This is Spoon's game isn't it!? Anyway, it loads fine for me in yesterday's SVN.

If you've tried the usual tricks like clearing cache and can' get it to load just do it under the debugger and when the dialog box comes up saying it's incompatible do a break all - the thread displaying the message box will have the exact line it had a problem with on the call stack....

formation bonuses won't add up for some reason. e.g. if i get formation I and II, the total bonus will be 25% instead of 20+25=45%. and some times i get 0 bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom