1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Postmortem on Mueller

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, May 4, 2019.

1. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Anyone else think it's funny how the Republicans are all becoming exactly like Trump in the process of defending and supporting him? I knew this would happen

cardgame likes this.
  2. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

What has this to do with the post you quoted?

Also, why funny? They will be re-electing him, after all. Trump has been a very good President for conservatives.

In other news, there seems to have been a shift in who is calling for Trump's impeachment. The left wing is occupied with the green New Deal, national healthcare, etc. The impetus seems to be coming from the monied interests and power brokers. If so, this isn't about the 2020 election, its about making smoke right now.

J

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

When/if Trump doesn't run in 2020, who will the Republicans put up in his place?

4. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Well that post is a "refuge in audacity" lie, which is also Trump's favorite kind.

5. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

He's probably planning on dying in office so he never has to go to jail.

6. Berzerker

Berzerker Warlord

Bill Weld, first man up and last man standing :) I might vote for him vs both Trump and Biden

Nah, he wont have a chance. The GOP will have a brokered convention. Romney again lol

7. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Warlord

They've even taken on his mannerisms.

cardgame likes this.
  8. Berzerker

Berzerker Warlord

or he watches Alec Baldwin on SNL

9. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

I might actually do that. Baldwin is so full of himself, he could pull off the character. Then again, Baldwin isn't smart enough and no one who writes for SNL has a clue. So, never mind.

That's easy--Ted Cruz.

For a long time I expected exactly this. I suspect the Mueller distraction convinced him to run again. There is some poetic justice in that. The Democrats tried to get rid of Trump and just convinced him to run twice.

J

10. Berzerker

Berzerker Warlord

Cruz won Kansas

11. civvver

civvver Warlord

I don't understand what the house is trying to do with impeachment. They will never convict, they'd need like 20 republicans in the senate to flip. It seems extremely doubtful the trial would uncover enough stuff not already known to cause that, and the public has already shown something around 40% will approve of trump no matter what. To me impeachment seems only like it could backfire on dems, with their approval numbers dropping more for an unsuccessful trial.

12. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Yeah, they're probably better off just doing the continued investigations. They can keep that up till the election. And Trumps tantrums about them probably hurt him more than helps him. If he doesn't enjoy them now, I bet it they will be much worse once he leaves office.

13. Berzerker

Berzerker Warlord

If I was Pelosi I'd be holding impeachment over his head to blackmail him into signing legislation. The only obstacle is McConnell but if Trump is forced into supporting legislation not even he can stop it. As of now I dont see any way the Senate would convict even assuming the House impeached him.

14. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Warlord

There is always principle and you know the rule of law and such. I know these are hard concepts but they are why I told my senators and congressman that they should support impeachment. Republicans they are and deaf ears, blind eyes, and mute mouths they have, but I shook that tree anyways.

15. Berzerker

Berzerker Warlord

Rule of law arguments dont work, we let Presidents lie us into war. Nothing Trump has done can compare to that. Principles are only principles when they're applied consistently.

Socrates99 likes this.
  16. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Warlord

That’s complete utter nonsense on so many levels I don’t know where to start.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  17. Berzerker

Berzerker Warlord

I'll start...How do you argue principle/rule of law for punishing a jaywalker while ignoring murderers?

Old Hippy likes this.
  18. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

I'm not against starting to enforce the rule of law but it doesn't mean **** if it's only applied against people of the other party. It has to start somewhere though and Trump is the perfect person to start with. The guy is a joke. His corruption is easily on par with Bill Clinton's. Let's go, no better time than now.

Old Hippy likes this.
  19. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Warlord

I'm sorry this is a pathetic excuse for an analogy and for principles.

20. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

I'd start with $25,000 a day fines for those who refuse to testify. first up: Barr and McGahn. Soon to be followed by Hope Hicks.

hobbsyoyo and cardgame like this.